Apple managed to cram 11, 666 mAh battery in the new iPad, 70% more than the iPad 2
0. phoneArena 09 Mar 2012, 05:54 posted on
How does 11, 666 mAh tablet battery sound to you? Exceptional? Well, that's exactly what Apple managed to do with the new iPad. Despite not being much larger than the iPad 2 - a thickness of 0.37 inches (9.4 mm), while the iPad 2 is only 0.34 inches (8.8 mm) thick - the new iPad has 70% larger battery capacity...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. plgladio (Posts: 313; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Simple massive, Expecting the same in my mobile :P
6. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
What do you mean massive? It's MASSIVE. :p
18. haroonazeem638 (Posts: 129; Member since: 29 Mar 2011)
Has anyone wondered how long it would take to charge that "MASSIVE" battery?
2. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
This is the the Droid Razr MAXX of tablets!
3. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
I so want to get the 'new' iPad but I'll just wait and see what Samsung has to offer.
8. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
You should check out the 4000mAh batt for the Xperia Arc. I'd call that a mammoth :p
4. thebikerboi2 (Posts: 144; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
Hmmm that's way too big for just powering the retina display, maybe this suggest that the new iPads processor has a high clock speed
7. bayusuputra (Posts: 943; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
apple said that the A5X chip is not power efficient.. and hence this..
5. mrandrewshah (Posts: 14; Member since: 01 Nov 2009)
I hope we can expect the same leap forward in energy density in the new iPhone!
17. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
yes, the iphone will be made of a new form of extreme "energy density".
this technological breakthrough will change everything. the new iphone will be made of one of the most dense forms of energy, matter!
10. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
wow i want it but i gotta wait so what windows brings
11. yt6nin (Posts: 100; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
so the future iPad's are all going to have 11,666+mAh batteries now, unless Apple manages to find a super energy efficient, non-battery draining way??? That battery probably accounts for 50% of the iPad's weight as well if not more, lol.
12. theoak (Posts: 322; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
LTE LTE LTE ... how else are they going to get 10 hours (or is it 9) on LTE!
13. DigitalBoy05 (Posts: 203; Member since: 04 Jun 2011)
anyone else concerned about the 666 at the end?
16. roscuthiii (Posts: 1873; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
It all makes sense... when you take into account the bitten apple logo being reminiscent of the Forbidden Fruit in the biblical sense.
15. roscuthiii (Posts: 1873; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
11,666mAh battery from Apple? Imagine the fires you could set when that thing heats up.
And with the LTE radio and GPU's trying to push all those pixels it has... heat up it will. It's true, the iPad is HOT.
19. garz_pa (Posts: 154; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
We don't have LTE here in our country, let alone a real 4G, so this battery will come veeeeeeeeeeeeeery handy.
21. crysiswarmonger (Posts: 78; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
just wait till one of these ipads melts down....