Apple made more than Microsoft, Google, eBay, Yahoo, Amazon and Facebook combined in fiscal 2012
0. phoneArena 27 Nov 2012, 02:26 posted on
Another eye-opener on Apple's insane profits is the sum that all PC makers raked in as a whole - just south of $20 billion, which is less than a half of what Apple alone made, next to hardware giants like HP, Dell, IBM, Intel, Asus, Acer and Lenovo...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. 8logic (Posts: 132; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
and all the sh**p complains about the oil companies..............
28. yuvananda (Posts: 9; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
Apple Fanboys' stature
"Apple sales figures are tipping the scales"- Apple is Apple after all
"Apple's revenue dropping"- You're tallying it wrong :P
2. matrix_neo (Posts: 328; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
There's nothing to be surprised of. Prices of their products obviously will tell you how Apple earned that billions of profits.
3. Johnnokia (Posts: 684; Member since: 27 May 2012)
I got sick from biased articles of Iphone Arena...
If you are brave, publish a review comparing IPhone 5 with Nokia Lumia 920...
What will you say about your lovely baby apple here??
You would never ever do that .... at all.
4. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
calm down, you just shown how immature people are getting on here
phonearena isnt biased, if they were why would they bother reporting on anything else. yes certain reviewers on here let there bias rule there articles but to say the entire site is biased is stupid
and yes id like to see a comparison between the iphone 5 and 920 and for it to be fair but im not gonna moan about it.
13. lumia920 (Posts: 112; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
me tooo disperately waiting for lumia 920 vs iphone 5 review...
and also for lumia 920 vs gs3 review so that my dream loving phone kick both of them is their asses..
15. mahmoodh (Posts: 17; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
if u don find that review here then look for other sites that do have the review.
P.S. i too wanna read the review, but not gonna moan bout it.
5. wendygarett (unregistered)
Yay for apple!!!
Which one do you prefer apple? visa or mastercard :)
10. rahulcena5565 (Posts: 57; Member since: 01 Nov 2010)
An Apple a day, keeps the stocks at bay!
17. kombinatonz (Posts: 30; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
I hope this site does not turn out in misleading people like the other Apple fan-boy sites.
18. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
OK dont get this...didn't samsung alone in the last 2 quaters make around 12 billion in profit so how come this graph shows them making only 12 billion with Nokia rim etc
27. lzsbleach (Posts: 155; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Yea I was looking at that to. I see sometimes on this site they have articals that contradict each other.
21. TheRetroReplay (Posts: 251; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
I don't buy that, Apple fudges it's numbers and pads the books really badly. They'll have one set of figures one day and then have a completely different and higher set of numbers the next.
Also their products cost way too much for what they're worth. You can either buy a MacBook Pro for $2500 or get a Dell with the same specs for $500. So of course Apple is going to make boat loads of cash, they sell at such outrageous prices.The MacBook Air, the small one cost $1000 when you can get a netbook with the same specs for $300.
This chart is very misleading, especially when Phone Arena reported that Samsung made around $12 billion last quarter and also reported that Apple profit margins were down too.
25. Ninetysix (Posts: 1856; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
I would love to see this Dell with the "same specs for $500" as the Macbook Pro as well as this netbook.
We'll be waiting.
33. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Enron fudged it too ... the account books i mean :)
22. Shino (banned) (Posts: 196; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Bhehehe! No surprise here! Apple now's flying in another orbit!
29. Pdubb (Posts: 239; Member since: 08 Aug 2011)
Instead of just adding the numbers and saying this company is doing better than all these other companies look at the figures in context as well. MS had a record year of almost 74 billion dollars in revenue and its profits were hit with an almost 7 billion dollar deduction still earning an healthy 17 billion profit. When a company any company can triple their profits from 10 years ago I would say that company id doing well no matter what the analyst say.
31. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
its not a shocker that they will earn that much...
over price phone - the iPhone
over price and oversize iPod - the iPad
over price reader - the iPad mini
over price loptop and desktop - the macs
over price fruit- APPLE!