Apple loses its UK appeal motion, forced to run ads that Samsung did not copy its iPad design
0. phoneArena posted on 18 Oct 2012, 05:31
That is the same judge who jokingly acknowledged that Samsung's tablets aren't considered as "cool" as the iPad, so Apple can't claim they copy its design directly. The joke turned on Apple at the appeal now, though, as Cupertino will have to run ads in various newspapers and magazines with national reach now that Samsung wasn't found infringing on its patents, and also leave a similar message on its website for six months...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
53. Sniggly posted on 18 Oct 2012, 09:01 5 0
Screen shots of the ads and website will be live throughout reddit and Google Plus within twenty four hours after Apple complies, I bet. I'm looking forward to this.
Also loling at Mxy's statement that you don't mess with a rich company like Apple. Are you threatening the UK courts on Apple's behalf, Mxy?
98. Mxyzptlk posted on 19 Oct 2012, 21:12 0 0
I'm not threatening UK's unfair courts and their justice system. If Apple wanted to, they could easily embarrass the UK courts and turn their judgment right on their head.
99. chaoticrazor posted on 20 Oct 2012, 10:49 0 0
lmao hahaha ohh you so deluded, its like your trying to get apple to adopt you or something
apple cant embarrass anyone but themselves
55. xfire99 posted on 18 Oct 2012, 09:42 0 0
This should every country judge do and make Apple stop suing everyone god damn company with theirs stupid patents and hopily can stop all these freaking patents war betweens companys.
56. medicci37 posted on 18 Oct 2012, 09:43 0 0
I bet Tim Cooks butt is hurting now (more than usual;)
57. Lwazi_N posted on 18 Oct 2012, 10:09 3 0
Daniel, please make sure to post those ads ads on this site- I would love to see those!
58. Friendlysky posted on 18 Oct 2012, 10:14 1 0
judge Koh was being slap by Apple with cash and to save American Company face of politic.Japanese also throw out Apple Lawsuite too. They are being fair too.
65. gallitoking posted on 18 Oct 2012, 14:06 2 0
the marketing geniuses at Apple will find a way to to actually make Apple look good, I mean that Galaxy Tab is not as cool s the ipad or nowhere has that support that ipad has, so yes the apology will make Samsung look bad trust me. if something Apple knows is how to advertise...
70. tedkord posted on 18 Oct 2012, 14:42 1 0
Except, IIRC, the content of the apology must be okayed by the court and Samsung.
77. gallitoking posted on 18 Oct 2012, 16:15 0 1
not by Samsung only by the courts and clearly states that the Galaxy looks nothing like the unique desing of the ipad
78. rusticguy posted on 18 Oct 2012, 16:25 0 0
And still it's losing market share down from 80+ to 52 now in US as per pew survey ...
80. gallitoking posted on 18 Oct 2012, 17:35 0 1
Apple doesn't care about market share you do know that
81. chaoticrazor posted on 18 Oct 2012, 17:42 0 0
no now that there loosing it ifans claim they dont care, just like everything else. when apple are beat in an aspect they were bragging about it suddenly becomes irrelevant like thickness, screen res etc
87. tedkord posted on 18 Oct 2012, 19:55 0 0
Their efforts to ban all competition day otherwise.
93. rusticguy posted on 18 Oct 2012, 21:57 0 0
If they don't then why release iPAD mini? I am sure you would have something more stupid to say now :)
79. chaoticrazor posted on 18 Oct 2012, 16:27 2 0
why are you so committed to apple, its actually beyond a joke now. you really do provide eveidence that apple is almost a cult
''unique desing of the ipad''
you mean a slate with a screen on the front and camera on the back...wow my mind is blown by this unique design.....especially when apple claims everyone's copying this design so it cant be unique can it?
just stop this mindless obsessive loyalty fanboyism
85. jroc74 posted on 18 Oct 2012, 18:57 0 0
This is one of the few times....probably the only time...I will agree with you on something.
69. tedkord posted on 18 Oct 2012, 14:41 0 0
71. hameed1989 posted on 18 Oct 2012, 14:49 0 0
they are fighting it out everywhere...What apple needs to understand is that they cant beat samsung with cases...Get Another Steve Jobs Apple....Apple actually won the American patent because it was their backyard...Out they come of there shell and reality hits them!!!http://www.thegadgetcode.com/2012/10/apple-looses-appeal-in-tablet-case.html
73. rusticguy posted on 18 Oct 2012, 15:18 0 0
Good to see apple's bloated ego getting hurt quite a bit. So Samsung get's a free ad campaign this time :)
82. Nathan_ingx posted on 18 Oct 2012, 17:52 0 0
Forget his avatar, where's yours? Where's SRK??? :D
86. InspectorGadget80 posted on 18 Oct 2012, 19:38 0 0
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA (laughing like the joker)
88. chemhaz posted on 18 Oct 2012, 20:15 0 0
I'll love to get a T-shirts with the ad printed on it to spread the news around the streets I walk on (Sydney Australia).