Apple loses iPhone name rights in Mexican Supreme Court ruling
0. phoneArena posted on 16 Mar 2013, 00:37
After losing its initial attempt to register the iPhone name in Mexico, Apple has also lost its appeal to the Supreme Court...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID posted on 16 Mar 2013, 00:39 39 1
Oh my god, Apple is going lower and lower... and EVEN MORE lower!
4. Topcat488 posted on 16 Mar 2013, 01:16 36 1
Well, looks like another fight that...."APPLE"... started, and couldn't finish! Next...
14. iphone5fornow (unregistered) posted on 16 Mar 2013, 07:55 5 2
I know know why apple stress so much about that, with $411 billions , I would just buy both companies and prove to them , that the money is the power .
37. Droiddoes posted on 17 Mar 2013, 12:51 0 0
OR apple could just eat a gigantic bag of d*cks and f*ck off.
16. ebubekir26 posted on 16 Mar 2013, 08:22 7 0
you didn't get a dislike, which means mxyzpt or something is not around here
19. xperiaDROID posted on 16 Mar 2013, 09:22 1 1
Why he will give me a dislike? I didn't say anything bad about Apple. :)
22. dangchitrung posted on 16 Mar 2013, 10:19 2 1
He doesnt care. He just finds it necessary to prove that some "peehs" can speak and type in English. Oh, and wendy...
23. xperiaDROID posted on 16 Mar 2013, 10:37 1 1
Well, getting dislikes is not a big deal, I usually don't care about dislikes.
31. corporateJP posted on 16 Mar 2013, 13:34 2 0
LOL. He found you guys and thumbed you down. I'll be waiting for mine now.
2. BattleBrat posted on 16 Mar 2013, 01:05 20 0
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA * Takes deep breath* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
6. rgxVOiD posted on 16 Mar 2013, 01:48 7 1
Sounds like you're enjoying it, if you know what I mean
3. GALAXY-STORM posted on 16 Mar 2013, 01:15 12 2
Cool,so that's how u stick a mallet inside a half bitten fruit.
7. MartianMe posted on 16 Mar 2013, 01:56 10 1
I love you mexico for not selling out to apple unlike my original country Brazil.
30. corporateJP posted on 16 Mar 2013, 13:26 0 0
They are reaching a monetary agreement for Apple to own the name there, so, "no" to your question. They are selling it, not losing it.
8. haroonazeem638 posted on 16 Mar 2013, 02:02 11 1
"Apple started the controversy, their first step was to file a lawsuit, they didn't previously approach the company."
Wow Apple. How does that feel now? 40% of phones sold in Mexico during that time could come up to a lot of $$$
I like this ;)
29. corporateJP posted on 16 Mar 2013, 13:17 0 1
"Wow Apple. How does that feel now? 40% of phones sold in Mexico during that time could come up to a lot of $$$"
It's barely a drop in the bucket for Apple, and in all reality, the iPhone isn't flying off shelves in Mexico with it's price-point.
39. xfire99 posted on 18 Mar 2013, 02:45 0 0
U might correct, but bad news like this will hurt and affect theirs stock prices. How much money do u think they will lose if it keeps dropping and lower then 400US? Or maybe back to 300US, from where they were, before iPhone success and all those billions in theirs bankaccount will be gone in no time.
9. Bernoulli posted on 16 Mar 2013, 02:40 2 6
Haha watch apple hire some cartel folks and turn the tables around, I wouldn't be surprised if they recur to this method
12. Taters posted on 16 Mar 2013, 05:17 6 1
This isn't enough. They need to lose 1 billion to someone.
15. Mxyzptlk posted on 16 Mar 2013, 08:10 0 11
This is so bs. They have no democracy for a company to protect its property.
28. corporateJP posted on 16 Mar 2013, 13:12 1 0
Dude, you are the ultimate fanboy.
iFone was owned in Mexico long before Apple even made their version of a phone, as was the iPhone name in Brazil.
Take off the blinders, maybe we can all pitch in and get you a pair of Google Glass for a change...
33. rusticguy posted on 16 Mar 2013, 14:19 0 0
Protect it for a $40/phone lease ... for a name was never theirs ... this is called democracy and apple caught on wrong foot thin king Mexico is 53rd state of USA :)
36. dragonscourgex posted on 17 Mar 2013, 08:39 0 0
I think this user just gets on PA to stir up heated comment from other user to get a laugh....aka..Troll. So, if you do not feed the troll, they do not come back.
38. Droiddoes posted on 17 Mar 2013, 12:54 0 0
I get that you're retarded, I really do, but iFone was first, therefore apple copied. Duh?
21. darkkjedii posted on 16 Mar 2013, 09:50 0 3
Apple I suggest you change the name to the ?phone. I don't think anyone has that one yet.
27. corporateJP posted on 16 Mar 2013, 13:08 0 0
Apple are a bunch of dirty gringo's south of the border.
32. rusticguy posted on 16 Mar 2013, 14:16 0 0
$40/phone fee for leasing (no rights ... just a renewable lease) the name to Apple sounds just right .... when one compares to what the troll wanted for rectangle with rounded corners :)
34. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 16 Mar 2013, 15:53 1 0
""Apple started the controversy, their first step was to file a lawsuit, they didn't previously approach the company."
That's why it's extremely difficult for me to like Apple, they act like the bully more times than not. I'm sure if they would have approached them they could have worked out a deal. Glad they lost, bullies need to be put in their place.
35. dragonscourgex posted on 17 Mar 2013, 08:37 1 0
I would have to say good call by the Mexican courts. Apple has no right to go in and try to forcefully take a name of a product that was already used by another company, just cause they used it in their home country.