Apple loses FaceTime patent infringement trial , ordered to pay VirnetX $368M
0. phoneArena 07 Nov 2012, 02:21 posted on
VirnetX claimed ownership of some VPN security patents that Apple allegedly used for its FaceTime video chat service. Apple claimed that even is its engineers inadvertently used something similar while creating FaceTime, it is just a small chunk of a much larger project, and not worth the requested $708 million in settlements...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
what are "ifits engineers" ?
or you mean if its?
3. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 474; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Hey istoled do like Romney and go away
36. BadAssAbe (Posts: 456; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
We dont play play around in Texas, get your bulls**t out of here Apple
7. GeekMovement (Posts: 2156; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
"'VirnetX is not entitled to money for things they did not invent. The VirnetX technology, if used, is a small part of very large, complex products.'”
Wow like Apple invented anything yet they keep attacking every other companies for what... "black rectangles with round corners"? This technology is also "a [VERY] small part of a [VERY] large, complex products."
Another note is that these lawyers who represents Apple are admitting to stealing VirnetX's technology by doubtfully stating "The VirnetX technology, [IF USED], is a small part of a..."blahblahblahblah.
Another ridiculous fact is that Apple themselves even said that $708 million is too much (which in real honesty, it's not ok they deserve this), so the settlement was reduced to almost half $368 million, but then all of a sudden the lawyers are like “Apple does not owe money to VirnetX.”
Confused idiots yet again. Sorry, but true fact.
8. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Oh wait, I'm adding you to my "People on PA/other blogs to sue list" . You folks keep stealing what's in my mind and post it.
9. GeekMovement (Posts: 2156; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Haha sorry couldn't help but think of it as I read so much nonsense coming from those fruity lawyers. It's really quite absurd their actions.
15. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Fruity lawyers... lol sounds delicious xD
But no thanks they are rotten.
20. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3746; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Even Apple developers are admitting to the crime. See the last sentence- “Apple says they don’t
infringe. But Apple developers testified that
they didn’t pay any attention to anyone’s patents when developing their system.”
29. jroc74 (Posts: 6004; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Looks like all the hate and whatnot against Google, Samsung needs to be shared....
Its so much hypocrisy in this case. I cant wait for this to be defended by the usual suspects....
11. SleepingOz (unregistered)
14. elliotsilva (Posts: 13; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
" ordered Cupertino to pay $368 in damages to the company" well that isnt much xD lol i think the million number is missing
18. bensch (Posts: 7; Member since: 06 Nov 2012)
It's quite a bit of money actually. This will cost more money than Apple had expected.
19. exynos5 (Posts: 21; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
apple is losing their luck....Samsung must be laughing their asses off...
22. soshi (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Mar 2012)
The best news, Every part of apple is stolen product. They are the real thief who accused other as thief.
23. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Christmas comes early! :D
25. BOSSO (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
Now, truly speaking i begin to hate Apple especially my iphone they claim to be the best/
30. Danre (Posts: 85; Member since: 02 Sep 2012)
Where are those Apple fan who told us that they hate patent infringers.
33. xfire99 (Posts: 825; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Why do have Microsoft have to pay 200 mill and Apple only 368 mill? iPhone 4S was soooo popular all around. They should pay much more then 368 mill and if Microsoft paid, so must Apple.
If u want to play with fire and better get ready to get burned u self.
34. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
well it seems that we have in our hands a real patent troll.. hmmmm. 368 millions in damages? i would like to know which damages are those... ohh how I miss Jobs.. he would have put this 'company' in its place.
35. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Wow what a shock, an apple troll blindly supporting apple, this is what apple deserves and hopefully wont be the last. All apple does is sue and patent existing ideas yet you cheer them on like there god.......its real pathetic
37. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Goons have no place in society. His thermo nuclear crap lead to Failed Apple Maps :)
39. rawkuss (Posts: 29; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
"We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas."
Steve Jobs-Triumph of the Nerds (1996)
40. tedkord (Posts: 11599; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Well, we've heard from the number two Apple troll now. All that's left is for Myx to show up and proclaim that these are FRAND patents and it's not fair.
Some days I miss Taco... Nah, I don't.
41. BREvenson (Posts: 240; Member since: 17 May 2012)
And the downward spiral continues. First the patent case is UK found in favor of Samsung (and their "apology" was ridiculed by the judge), their lawsuit against Motorola/Google was thrown out, the iPad mini's sales did not meet expectations, and now this. If all goes well, their motion to add 17 Samsung devices to the current lawsuit because they can use a stylus (yes, I'm serious) gets tossed out.
Now to borrow a line from the rotten Apple themselves: "This changes everything."
42. lyndon420 (Posts: 4359; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Another amazing story to brighten my day. Thanks PA.
43. mrmooresince1979 (Posts: 7; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
What goes around comes back around like the shape of a apple lol!!
44. Xquisite (Posts: 87; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
While I do not support Apple outside of 10" tablets, I must say this. After reading the comments, it seems like fandroids are now as immature and annoying as iSheep.
I want to find a site where fandroids and isheep don't dominaten the comment section, but it seems as if I will be searching forever.