Apple lends Burberry the iPhone 5s for a fashion show capture to demo the new iSight camera(video)
0. phoneArena 13 Sep 2013, 05:05 posted on
Apple has partnered with Burberry for a runway footage from its Monday, September 16th London show, called Prorsum, which will be streamed live from Hyde Park there. Cupertino is actually lending the fashion house a bunch of the new iPhone 5s models to demonstrate pre-release what the upgraded 8 MP iSight camera is capable of...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1022; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Waiting for iPhone 5S camera comparison.
3. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1022; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
A comparison with
iPhone 5S vs Xperia Z1 vs Lumia 1020 vs LG G2 vs Note 3 vs a DSLR reference camera.
13. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Along with a comparison of photos taken with flash. Apples true tone flash needs to be tested.
4. criticism (Posts: 46; Member since: 12 Sep 2013)
No need to comparison coz the sensor is the same and just the size of the lens is increased! so at the best case, the only achievement would be better pictures at darker conditions!
6. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 648; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
12/a-photographers-take-on-the-iphone-5s-camera/You might learn something before you post clueless posts.
9. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
I agree but Burberry ruined it with their overexposure effects!
20. Sauce (unregistered)
Yes indeed, great film. Though, I do think that the effects were perfect. It matches the theme of their (BB) event. Very subtle and content with class and finesse. The filters were great IMO.
16. HansGoneInsane (Posts: 401; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
I like the video as well but Burberry really edited it too much :). Smart marketing by Apple by the way.
15. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1022; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Auto-correction By your mind. Auto-correction sucks sometimes.... :-) lol
8. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Impressive video .could have been sharper and prettier if Burberry had not added so many overexposure effects.
10. JMartin22 (Posts: 1245; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
It's nothing special. Any high-end Android handset can reproduce this video and do it better, most likely. Also, one "photographer" opinion on a phone that isn't even commercial available yet, should be taken with a grain of salt. The S4 and various other Android handsets already surpass the iPhone 5's image processing technique in color reproduction and detail. This new 8 megapixel module is a very small deviation away from that featured in the 5.
12. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Don't make assumptions. Wait for the camera comparison.
14. E.N. (Posts: 2362; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
You could possibly be right, but why don't you just wait for official comparisons before making final conclusions?... so you can save yourself from looking like an idiot if the iPhone 5S camera turns out to be a beast.
"This new 8 megapixel module is a very small deviation away from that featured in the 5"
- And how exactly do you know already know that? Sounding like a hater
21. Sauce (unregistered)
EN, he obviously is a hater and most likely hasn't even used the iPhone 5 camera and software to it's full potential, let alone the 5s. If I were a grumpy ol' slobknob like him, I'd sure as hell wait before making myself look any stupider.
19. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Letsbehonest has posted a link above. Check it out.
17. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
As I have said before, iPhone is not about the technology it is about the trend.
23. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
It's about technology and engineering such that the user only benefits. "We believe technology is at its best when it's invisible. That the user only thinks about what he/she does on the device, not the device itself" this is why apple is successful. An example is, I have to worry about ram consumption on my galaxy s3 and lags in touchwiz. Nothing is as seamless as an apple product. I am very happy with my iPhone 5 but I also use my S3 sometimes.
24. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"It's about technology and engineering..."
I agree, it is about engineering but not about the technical engineering but about social engineering, in other words engineering about how to brainwash people.