Apple lawsuit against Googerola thrown out with prejudice
0. phoneArena posted on 05 Nov 2012, 15:48
Apple ends up on the short end of the gavel in Wisconsin, as Judge Barbara Crabb tosses out their lawsuit with prejudice over Apple's refusal to be bound to any court-determined licensing agreement...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jmoita2 posted on 05 Nov 2012, 15:50 73 3
lol!!! Finally, it seems tha judges all over the world are finally waking up to Apple's underhandedness...
10. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 05 Nov 2012, 16:23 30 2
Haha, Apple must think b-c they can charge $30 for a connector they are the supreme authority in the world.
Judge Koh was right they are all smoking crack in Cupertino.
24. PhenomFaz posted on 05 Nov 2012, 16:59 33 1
Apple is becoming synonymous with patent jokes these days :)
Apple = Patent Joke! (patent pending)
Crappy Apple wants to sue others when they use something which belongs to or is similar to Apple's stuff but when Apple wants to steal something that belongs to someone else they take them to court and demand that they be allowed a license!!!
Apple you just got shred...I'm Lovin' It :)
27. TROLL posted on 05 Nov 2012, 17:32 13 2
And guess what? after all that, there a 5 Apple fans on PA which still supports them, how so low can they go, turns out there brainwashed iZ0mb!€$!
46. joey_sfb posted on 05 Nov 2012, 18:48 10 1
The five of them are smoking cracks too!
8. AnTuTu posted on 05 Nov 2012, 16:16 10 2
This one freakin cracked me up. Poor A 4 Apple.
Love you Google :)
12. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 05 Nov 2012, 16:24 5 1
Yeah yeah yeah
18. Nathan_ingx posted on 05 Nov 2012, 16:42 15 0
"What you gonna do?
What you gonna do?
When they come for you... Bad boys, bad boys."
I think i'll start writing a funeral song for Apple.
29. TROLL posted on 05 Nov 2012, 17:34 6 0
Will the realiz00mb!3$ please stand up, please stand up.
65. soshi posted on 05 Nov 2012, 21:08 2 0
Sound like Ns-yoonji - The reason apple becomes iwitch?
63. cheetah2k posted on 05 Nov 2012, 20:11 2 0
"impact of these rulings is reinforcing an undesirable stereotype about Apple that could eventually hurt its brand"
.... could already happen??? WTF?
Fact - This has been happening ever since the Apple v Samsung rubbish started.
73. -box- posted on 06 Nov 2012, 14:46 0 0
@cheetah: before, really. Pretty much the apple vs Nokia battle that apple lost seemed a point where they started trying to bully through legal means rather than financial ones. Cisco seemed to be the start of the snowball.
2. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 05 Nov 2012, 15:54 33 1
Some body has to put these high school bullies in there place man.........good news
4. pkiran1996 posted on 05 Nov 2012, 16:01 23 0
Hmm how to describe Apple's legal strategy... Desperate? Pathetic? Greedy?
14. TROLL posted on 05 Nov 2012, 16:30 16 2
Really bad news for Mxyzptlk Wendygarret serious9010 Quakan Darkjedi and Gallitoking. The only reason you win in your own statrs due to bribery, i assume and believe.
19. TROLL posted on 05 Nov 2012, 16:44 24 2
Pride respect honuriszm . unlike shame, o wait what shame Apple dont have no selfrespect, rotten cowards. Hahahaha everyone the world will be laughing.
21. gallitoking posted on 05 Nov 2012, 16:55 3 24
wow.. not even going to answer that.. lost all respect for you..
26. Droiddoes posted on 05 Nov 2012, 17:30 11 2
Oh no, he lost the respect of a certified idiot who cannot even form a complete sentence, whatever will he do?
32. gallitoking posted on 05 Nov 2012, 17:36 1 19
check your inbox for a PA warning
36. Sniggly posted on 05 Nov 2012, 17:43 16 0
Wow. Gallito, you act like a jerk toward most everyone on here, and now you're reporting someone who calls you out on it? That's f**king low class, man.
37. chaoticrazor posted on 05 Nov 2012, 17:48 12 1
That's what trolls do, but when someone calls them on it they suddenly act the victim and all innocent
Pathetic just doesn't begin to describe that troll, his apple cheerleaders will cheer for him
39. Non_Sequitur posted on 05 Nov 2012, 18:12 6 1
He doesn't troll as much anymore and comments from Android fans on here have gotten even more ridiculous than the comments of Apple fans lately.
I think we should all stop this crock of BS and enjoy the new technology which we all evidently have a mutual passion for.
45. TROLL posted on 05 Nov 2012, 18:46 2 0
is that you Non-Sequitr...? Wonder what happened to you? Your posts and comments were different 2 months ago, you were supporting Droid, now you've become more like Chaoticrazor, wonder why? i assume due to PA banneds....?
50. lyndon420 posted on 05 Nov 2012, 19:02 7 0
When apple stops suing the world, I'm sure you'll see fewer Android users on here bashing apple. At the same time PA will be letting some of their commentators go due to a lack of compelling articles when that happens.
70. jroc74 posted on 06 Nov 2012, 07:09 0 0
I hate that it seems like I cant even comment in Apple articles because its like the Hatfields n McCoys....
44. gallitoking posted on 05 Nov 2012, 18:44 2 5
I never report anyone. dont play that game, but calling people's name is something PA doesn't tolerate.. trust I have gotten a few warnings because of that.. but whatever.. dude
56. Sniggly posted on 05 Nov 2012, 19:45 1 0
You generally don't get warnings or moderated unless idiots report you. Your post indicated you were going to report him.
61. Droiddoes posted on 05 Nov 2012, 19:55 3 0
It's all good my friend!
this^^^^ is me caring. Actually I do care a little, if gallito was riled up enough to report me that just means I really got his goat LMAO.
60. Droiddoes posted on 05 Nov 2012, 19:52 2 0
Oh no, I'm getting warned by PA but am able to communicate my thoughts and feelings in an articulate, grammatically correct way, whatever will I do?
Check your brain for a tumor, that is literally the only excuse for typing and communicating the way you do.
30. TROLL posted on 05 Nov 2012, 17:35 3 0
You must love getting thumbs down....?
33. TROLL posted on 05 Nov 2012, 17:37 1 0
Galli dont take it to personally.....!!!! cool, take it easy, "Chill"
38. Non_Sequitur posted on 05 Nov 2012, 18:10 3 2
I had to take a few minutes to figure out what he was saying. His comment makes Android fans look bad.
He gets "pride respect honuriszm" or whatever because Google puts out a good line of products? What did he do to help them make it?
Guh. I feel bad that you have to deal with this crap, gallito.
49. lyndon420 posted on 05 Nov 2012, 18:55 1 0
Let's not focus on respecting people with bad grammar. How about the judicial system though...they're getting more and more of my respect with each passing PA article.
62. Droiddoes posted on 05 Nov 2012, 19:59 1 0
It's not just his grammar. It's his spelling, sentence structure, word choice, improper to non existent use of punctuation, syntax etc etc etc etc. It is really difficult to figure out what the hell it is trying to say. I mean obviously the gist is "androyd....suk....apple iz....gud" but FFS pick up a book or something. I would be extremely embarassed if I presented myself and my obvious lack of education to the world in the manner that he does.
64. tedkord posted on 05 Nov 2012, 20:17 1 0
Maybe English isn't his first language. I know sometimes auto correct makes my posts indecipherable.
Personally, I think that when we focus on things like spelling and grammar, it detracts from the whole discussion.
40. rusticguy posted on 05 Nov 2012, 18:29 0 0
Let's talk Apple ... what did they win besides being INSULTED ... yes insult seems to be as good as an honour for them so they keep asking for more and more.
54. tedkord posted on 05 Nov 2012, 19:23 2 0
We all win with this outcome. The sooner all of Apple's silly litigation is dismissed, the sooner everyone can get back to concentrating on innovating. That means we all get better devices sooner.
6. TylerGrunter posted on 05 Nov 2012, 16:04 9 0
Not wanting to point fingers, but it really feels diffent depending on who writes certain articles here in PA :)
By the way, I liked this one, keep covering the Apple court cases Scott, pleeeaaase!
13. Tsepz_GP posted on 05 Nov 2012, 16:25 1 0
Apple being owned in their own game, its a damn shame. Glad these judges are beginning to see right through their BS.
15. Bernoulli posted on 05 Nov 2012, 16:33 3 0
I like these lately named judges, unlike judge koh who was bought by Apple lol
17. Sniggly posted on 05 Nov 2012, 16:41 6 1
Cue Mxy coming in to complain that Apple isn't being treated fairly and that FRAND patents can't be used to collect royalties period.
22. androiddownsouth posted on 05 Nov 2012, 16:55 1 0
I'm sure he will show up soon doing just that unless he's been given a vacation via the moderators.=P
43. tedkord posted on 05 Nov 2012, 18:33 6 0
Didn't you know that FRAND stands for Free is Reasonable if Apple Needs it for Devices?
20. jroc74 posted on 05 Nov 2012, 16:52 3 0
Good, one less lawsuit to hear about.
What I think about Apple's legal strategies? I would say, but there might be minors reading this article...... : )
Glad that Apple is not allowed to just have its way in the court rooms. Fight by innovating, not ligating...
25. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 05 Nov 2012, 17:28 3 0
Can't try the case in any other state, SCORE! All Apple needed was a tiny bit of humility, instead they brought tons of arrogance and are now seeing people are fed up with it. You can't fight you way to the top, you'll get pummelled by all the opposition you stepped on along the way.
28. dragonscourgex posted on 05 Nov 2012, 17:32 0 0
Judge Koh should start hanging out with Judge Crabb. This was a good call on Judge Crabb part. I believe a lot of the hate for Apple would stop, if they would quick all this court bull.
31. androiddownsouth posted on 05 Nov 2012, 17:36 1 0
That's just it. Most of my disdain for Apple comes from their arrogant behavior and their desire to litigate other companies into submission. I want Apple to be competitive and offer great products, but through innovation and kick a$$ products, not through lawyers and courts. I prefer PC's and Android, but choices are good, and what works for me may not be the preference of another.
Life would be really really boring if we all liked the same stuff, ya know?
52. PapaSmurf posted on 05 Nov 2012, 19:12 1 3
I'm an Android guy, but I rather have a Mac than a PC. Just my opinion though. :
57. TROLL posted on 05 Nov 2012, 19:46 0 0
I'd rather have a Sony Vaio than A Mac.
66. firelightx posted on 05 Nov 2012, 21:29 0 0
Apple really could take a benefit from Google's approach.
In July, Google unveiled it's Google Now system, with a competitor to Siri. Late last year they unveiled Chrome, a browser for phones that blew most of the browser competition out of the water. And Google+, a systm that could let 10 phones video chat with each other at the same time.
All of this could have been android exclusive. Some would argue that it should have. But Google gave it all to the iPhone anyway. olive branch after olive branch, all in the name of letting people use their products how they liked.
Whatever your thoughts on Google might be, you have to respect the idea of allowing people to do things the way they prefer, use the products they prefer, and trying to better fit into that lifestyle.
41. tedkord posted on 05 Nov 2012, 18:30 4 0
It's always gratifying to see blind arrogance slapped down. Apple's attitude is disgusting. " the court has the authority to rule in our favor, but we have the right to just ignore it if they rule against us."
Translation: We are above the law.