Apple kills Chomp for Android
0. phoneArena 29 Apr 2012, 00:43 posted on
We knew it was just a matter of time after Apple acquired Chomp that the app would be removed from Android, and that day has finally come. The app discovery service had been on Android for a while, and was quite an...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. HugeTroller (banned) (Posts: 80; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
See? Even Apple is giving up Android because of fragmentation. Poor green guy.
10. Mark.J.Linskiy (unregistered)
See? Even people like you are giving up on making any true statements. Poor little troll.
You might want to educate yourself on the word "fragmentation" before you use it as if you know the meaning.
21. Mark.J.Linskiy (unregistered)
How am I a "Fandroid"? Is it because I corrected your ignorant error and uncovered the flaw in your statement?
52. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 13574; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Well if a ship is sinking, why would you want to remain on it?
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
What is chomp? Never heard this before... And I never download it too...
32. andro. (Posts: 1999; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Chomp is an alternative sms and mms app to use instead of the stock sms app. To be honest much better alternatives are freely available in handset and go sms ex for example,these two are far sticker,faster and all way more customisation and animation for users. Comp was very iphone in design and contributed way less options for users and as such its probably apt that it finds itself stuck entire on its
37. Baseballer (Posts: 132; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
you forgot handcent. i think that one was the best out of all of them
46. stealthd (unregistered)
Try reading the article for once. This has nothing to do with chompsms.
49. mrochester (unregistered)
I think you're getting confused here. Chomp is an app discovery service.
51. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 13574; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
You're just saying that because Chomp is now owned by Apple.
58. JGuinan007 (Posts: 684; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Chomp is/was a search engine for the Google Play store/Android market and Apple App store searching for apps was easier on it and came back with better results Apple is going to integrate the Chomp engine right into it's App Store to make a better user experience searching the App store that is all.
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
One thing I know is those isheep will definitely download it tommorow in front of the android user without knowing what is chomp :)
5. MYTHiKAL (Posts: 33; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
i have had 12 Android Phones so far.. and not once have heard of chomp.. not even from someone else.. Fail !!!
6. ARITRA (Posts: 45; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
a sms client like handcent or a free text msg app??
34. andro. (Posts: 1999; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Handcent and go sms ex are far superior to chomp sms in design functionality and customization options,chomps quite limited in these aspects and seeing as iphone customization options are also quite low its quite apt it becomes stuck on its only
7. lukasound (Posts: 152; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
OMG, no more Chomp for Android?! :(
Now i'll have to switch to Apple...
WTF is Chomp?
66. MARKSPEAR77 (Posts: 40; Member since: 24 Nov 2011)
weeehhhhh! chompsms is not good as other sms application in android like go sms pro, animated sms, pansi sms and etc....goodbye chomp...
67. yt6nin (Posts: 100; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Something that Apple couldn't keep their hands off of, wanting a bite out of it... May be the next Apple logo???
9. jibraihimi (Posts: 764; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
So this is the plan of Apple to defeat android....... Purchase all the app developing companies of Android, and after that kill that app for android.......... Now I will have to purchase that overpriced next iproduct to run all the apps........ :(
31. Dustin (Posts: 3; Member since: 29 Apr 2012)
Yes and no. I believe Apple is doing this because they're in dire need of a fresh look on the App Store. Hopefully, although I'm not expecting it will, the App Store will have similar features to the Android Market. I'd really just be fine with the ability to tell how many people have downloaded the app. But then again this could just be a functionality update, rendering my hopes...hopeless.
13. adi4u4882 (Posts: 137; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Another stupid play from Apple. What if Android does the same thing? No Google Maps, Gmail,Youtube,Google Play,Google + etc for iOS. Would those so called apple fans even live without them? Apple should think before they act.
16. HugeTroller (banned) (Posts: 80; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Think before you comment,if Google do that they will gradually lose their profit from ads.
25. groupsacc (Posts: 232; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
In the short run, yes you are right, Google will lose revenue from ads. But in the long run, it will definately impact iPhone sales. Especially if Goole pulls out Youtube, as it is the second most visited site in the world, and also because Apple does not support flash player. Google has the strategic capacity to do this. However Google's company motto is "don't be evil", thus I doubt they will use this "dirty" tactic.
39. TMach (Posts: 457; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Presumably, all those wanting to use Gmail, Youtube, Google+ etc will then have to go without or buy an Android phone! Means no profit loss from ads afterall!! Hahaha