Apple is unable to get the sales ban on the Samsung GALAXY Nexus put back into effect
0. phoneArena 31 Jan 2013, 21:43 posted on
Apple has been denied a chance to have its argument in favor of a sales ban on the Samsung GALAXY Nexus, heard before the entire 9 member U.S. Federal Court of Appeals in what is known as an en banc review; Apple had won an injunction on the device last Summer before it was overturned as the Appeals Court said that Judge Lucy Koh had abused her discretion...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. techguy22 (Posts: 227; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
lmfao. wow desperate much. they dont even sell it anymore.
5. Aeires (unregistered)
This would have been a bigger blow towards Android than Samsung because it's a Nexus. No doubt that's what Apple was aiming for the entire time.
9. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Sh*t happens. The court was trying to give Apple a hint. Apple didn't get the hint, and now this happened.
Too bad, so sad.
23. apexKBC (Posts: 92; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Try try till u succeed !!!!
wishes from me.
to the rotten fruit.
2. blingblingthing (Posts: 517; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Quite desperate Apple, then again no problem since we have the nexus 4 available again.
10. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Apple was trying to get a sales ban on the Nexus 4 as well. Somehow, I don't think they will succeed.
11. jroc74 (Posts: 5965; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Really? I mised that. So.....they decide to try to get LG mixed up in all this....I was hoping they would.
I think that would be a trial worth watching. Even if its going after stock Android...it still effect LG's bottom line.
13. jinxed (Posts: 107; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
maybe apple realised dat their displays come from LG..
3. reyenrique (Posts: 99; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
love this news... an l think 2013 it will be a bad year for apple an 13 is bad lucky number for apple
4. deadstroke (Posts: 113; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
good to my ears sorry apple... still it will lose an more to come in this year
6. GoBears (Posts: 447; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Pathetic... really pathetic. Stock going down the tubes (which btw makes me crazy happy) and this is what they are pursuing? A sales ban on an EOL phone as new killer bad a$$ Samsung phones are just around the corner. Stupid. No wonder the shareholders are getting nervous haha.
7. SuperNexus (Posts: 127; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Who is bored from Apple patent cases?
I am so bored from this.
I don't know why Apple is not focusing on making good product instead of file cases?
8. jroc74 (Posts: 5965; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Aaww.....Poor Apple.... :(
"To get the sales ban,
Apple would have had to prove that demand for the Samsung GALAXY Nexus was from the infringing feature, something hard to prove in this day and age of feature-rich smartphones."
This needs to be in huge, bold letters... I have yet to buy an Android or Samsung Android phones based on:
Bounce back effect
Pinch to zoom
Did I leave any out? I know bounce back got invalidated...lol. I dont even think the G Nex sold that well. Dont really know.
24. AWiseGuy (Posts: 68; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
You missed "rectangle with rounded corners," hehe.
15. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
dont see any reason why fandroids are smilling... the Gnexus didnt sold... is EOL after a year of being release.. Samsung and Googgle do us a job and get that horrific device that brought nothing new to the table.. other than ICS which should be EOL as well..
16. SuperNexus (Posts: 127; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Still trillion times better than any iPhone
18. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
They are smiling coz apple's ambition got nuked (thermonuclear way) ... got that? :D
19. tedkord (Posts: 9684; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
We are smiling because irs just like watching a movie where some horse 's backside spend the whole film bullying people, but in the end gets his comeuppance. Its a feel good moment.
20. tedkord (Posts: 9684; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
You seem like you could use some Tucks Medicated Wipes. I suggest you run right to the store and get some. Make sure you use Google Maps to navigate there, or you'll never get them.
21. jroc74 (Posts: 5965; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
And this has to do with the court case or Apple trying to ban it.....how?
Folks are similg because Apple is learning they cant sue their way to the top spot.Just seen another article about how many iPhones they sold.....over taking Samsung in Q4 2012.
So why is Apple even trying to sue Samsung or others?
And the GNex came out in Nov 2011....so its a lil over a year old.... Yea it didnt sell well....the RAZR is EOL too but its still available thru Verizon website. It is what it is. I'm sure it was a good phone for ppl that ought it and liked it.
Dont even know what to say about your ICS comment.....
22. jroc74 (Posts: 5965; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
The RAZR and Rezound are also EOL too. So it's not just the G Nex....