Apple is named the world's most admired company; Google finishes third
0. phoneArena 28 Feb 2014, 09:30 posted on
Fortune Magazine named its ranking of the world's 50 most admired companies. On top, for the seventh straight year, was Apple. The Cupertino based tech titan is not only the most admired company, but is also the most valuable brand. The company was ranked in nine key areas of reputation, and finished first in innovation, people management, use of corporate assets, social responsibility, quality of management and financial soundness...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. Heatfan316 (Posts: 512; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
And you need to shut up and let him say what wants.
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 16300; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You should follow your own advice on that one.
21. Heatfan316 (Posts: 512; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Sorry to disappoint you bro, but I just can't and won't for that matter. So it seems we've reached an impasse, just deal with it.
8. Sauce (unregistered)
He is right though. Samsung is around 23rd lol. Long way to go. Success doesn't all come from the paper stats of the phones.
27. Ashoaib (Posts: 2919; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
But deeply hated by me... A PROUD HATER OF APPLE....
31. superduper (Posts: 151; Member since: 20 Oct 2013)
Thank you for sharing that, Ashoaib. Deep breaths.
34. joey_sfb (Posts: 4461; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Any companies would admire Apple position. Low cost, High selling price.
Zombies hordes that would buy anything with an Apple logo maybe including freshly packed crap. Eee...
42. Ashoaib (Posts: 2919; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
So true... I love google bcoz I have used so many services from google and didnt paid anything... microsoft I paid... apple I paid huge... so my best is google
2. nctx77 (Posts: 1185; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Samsung is the number one admirer of Apple lol!
3. Ashoaib (Posts: 2919; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Well this is a fake ranking... did foretune magazine was acquired by apple? google is my first
11. Finalflash (Posts: 2202; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
It is actually the power of marketing right there. Apple goes out of their way to market themselves as innovative and "quality" oriented. It just goes to show that money talks, the more spend the more you get what you want.
15. Sauce (unregistered)
23. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
of course it's a fake raking. FOURTUNE only cares bout which company makes the most money.
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9907; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'll agree that this year they did a pretty damn good job with ALL of their products. iPhone 5S - Touch ID and A7. iPad Air/Mini 2 - slim side bezels Ina ultra thin form factory that's lightweight and beautiful inside out. Their Mac line can not be touched by anyone, especially the MBP w/ Retina.
24. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
The only thing they innovated was the APP STORE that brings millions of dollars in cash.
26. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9907; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Touch ID, 64-bit OS + A7 and design to name three...
33. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
TOUCH ID is done by another company that Apple purchase put it on their phone to make it popular, Motorola use it first on the ATRIX 4G try again.
35. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
You try again.. Innovation is making something that already exist... BETTER.
6. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 382; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Facebook is in top 50? There's something wrong.
9. Michaelsalaets (Posts: 27; Member since: 09 Feb 2014)
i think google and apple need to be siwtched
12. Jurdiales (Posts: 126; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
I'm still had the same doubts as all years, Apple, innovation on what? Can someone explain me?
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9907; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Comment #13 is a small insight of my point of view.
25. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
GOOGLE innovated GLASS. Apple innovated the APP STORE so which is better? My take is on GLASS.
17. PBXtech (Posts: 1032; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
And yet they never make the top 100 list of best places to work at. Google comes in first for that category.
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 16300; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Let the hate begin, oops I'm too late. +1 Apple, super nice products, super nice customer service, and the super handsome jedii approves.
41. Ashoaib (Posts: 2919; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Super nice customer service? I am happy for you then, I was not that lucky. They rolled me from here to there and finally I ended up getting my 4s home button fixed from a local repair shop
45. darkkjedii (Posts: 16300; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Sorry, but when I dropped my ip5 from about 10ft at the flamingo hotel, resulting in a shattered screen, they hooked me up. After informing me of the price to fix it, and me waiting in a very packed store for 3 hrs. The tech comes out with a manger, who says sorry but we can't get the screen to calibrate, we'll give you another phone. Fixing the screen was $149, replacing the unit was $229, manager says since you waited patiently for 3 hrs, it's on us. Left the Town Center Mall with a brand new 64 gig white. Sorry for your bad experience, but I can only speak for me and what I've seen. Apple rocks.
20. Einstein333 (Posts: 49; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Apple is not only the most admired company but probably also the most hated...
22. Ninetysix (Posts: 1967; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Waiting for a reputable link that shows that.
32. superduper (Posts: 151; Member since: 20 Oct 2013)
By a few keyboard warriors who scribble furiously underneath articles?
29. flamencoguy (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
Yes but Apple did not make the top 50 most innovative companies according to a recent MIT report !
30. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I could care less about how Microsoft is ranked, all I care about if if they keep pumping out awesome WP devices.. They keep doing that and they rank #1 in my book... That's all that matters.
37. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Yeah, so, you could care less about their involvement in spying on us, right? Awesome, ignorance really is bliss :-)
38. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
They can spy on me all they want! I don't have anything to hide.. All they'll find is a bunch of porn, and childish remarks to you on PA.. Lol!!!...
I don't give a flying fashizi... I'm not that paranoid....
36. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Honestly, all of these companies could care less about any of you, and, yet, we see the cheerleaders on here - kind of sad that people cheer on corporations..."it is part of the plan" - now, who said that? Hmmmm.....
39. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
That's true!!!... I love MS products, but if it came down to it they could kizz my blak azz because seriously all they do is take my money,, I don't make any back....
Plus, I think it's pathetic how people use the popularity of their favorite companies, and others accomplishments, to boost their self a steam...
43. Odiin (Posts: 336; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Social responsibilities? I didnt get, Someone please explain me!