Apple is "losing the war of words" says former exec
0. phoneArena 19 Mar 2013, 01:05 posted on
You may have noticed that Apple has become a bit more direct when commenting on the competition, recently. For a long time, Apple refused to directly comment or even mention that competition existed, but Apple's head of marketing Phil Schiller was quite direct when commenting on the Samsung Galaxy S 4. And, at least one former Apple exec was not impressed...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. minteke (Posts: 30; Member since: 27 Jul 2012)
Just the common sense and wisdom... But why only former execs say truth?
2. Timmehor (Posts: 598; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Because if you were working there and said that, you would be sacked in 3 .. 2 ... 1. Common sense for any employee.
3. minteke (Posts: 30; Member since: 27 Jul 2012)
... but at least they do not have to lie! lol
4. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 4708; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
There is a major difference between telling an actual (provable) lie and just staying silent about the truth. Current employees tend to stay silent.
11. Timmehor (Posts: 598; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Welcome to big corporate business ... every one is a lying deceitful person. Thats how its gotta be, you telling me Nokia, Google, Sony, Samsung and Microsoft don't lie? They ALL lie! It's all about the money, we are just petty consumers, who buy their stuff.
19. cncrim (Posts: 363; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
So true... if you want to keep your job, lie is one way.
25. joey_sfb (Posts: 1477; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Scrooge Mc Duck is now the head of Apple Advertising and Promotion.
5. someones4 (Posts: 607; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
So he is saying that Apple is not being a gentleman by trying to make the loudest noise.
6. Trex95 (Posts: 482; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
And who start this s**t first Samsung through ads against Apple and BB.
7. rickywinataa (Posts: 261; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
well, apple has done s**t mocking other competitors in many of their keynotes.
9. Note2waitingonNote3 (banned) (Posts: 87; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
We won't even acknowledge apple until they actually compete with the competition. With the past devices the Motorola Razr Maxx Hd, Galaxy Note 2, Lg Optimus G, Lg Nexus 4, Htc Dna, Htc Evo 4g Lte. Iphone is so far behind it's crazy.
20. oister85 (Posts: 337; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
in what terms is apple is behind besides the boring ui they have.
23. networkdood (Posts: 4748; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
For a better answer, see .9. There are a dozen phones, and counting better than an I product.
10. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
Hmmm...so the former Apple exec is stating publicly that certain media assets are used as agents to attack competition. Interesting. I wonder which sites and/or bloggers, specifically, are in Apple's arsenal...I mean pcoket?
15. -box- (Posts: 3470; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I imagine there is a mix of paid shills and devoted fanboys/girls
12. NokiaFTW (Posts: 140; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Accept it iFanboys, Apple is now under pressure because people nowadays prefer innovation and fucntionality over just showing off with an expensive phone.
13. NokiaFTW (Posts: 140; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Apple are doing the mistakes Nokia did and look where Nokia are now. I wont be surprised if Apple find themselves in a similar situation on a few years time.
14. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3722; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Apple is pretty weak right now, they need few more years to BLAST OFF again.
22. donfem (Posts: 386; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
By which time, they are 'light years' behind. :)
16. Shrihari (Posts: 79; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
Ahem! Where are the apple fanboys now....?
21. sectime (unregistered)
Laughing at you while enjoying life
17. myclevername (Posts: 93; Member since: 07 Jun 2010)
This clown worked at Apple, what?, 30 years ago? Who dug this moron up?
24. networkdood (Posts: 4748; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
This article is not really new news and Apple has become complacent since their iPhone 4 arrived.