Apple is fighting jailbreakers, Microsoft embraces them
0. phoneArena posted on 21 Jan 2011, 09:47
"If you can't fight them... let them join the party" seems to be how Microsoft is reacting to the successful hacker attempts on its new mobile OS - Windows Phone 7. After the guys at Redmond gave away a "lousy t-shirt"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Core2idiot (unregistered) posted on 21 Jan 2011, 10:48 0 0
I find it amusing how I just got rejected repair on my xbox 360 because its refurbished by gamestop, and now they are sending geohot a free WP7 phone. Oh the irony!
2. xtroid2k posted on 21 Jan 2011, 10:48 0 0
This is a revolutionary concept. Because this actually encourages illegal activity. Its smart though to invite crackers and hackers alike who are geniuses and can really bring WP7 to new heights if Microsoft utilized this method properly.
3. petergriffen (unregistered) posted on 21 Jan 2011, 12:45 0 0
mmmmhahahahahahaha, you said crackers.
4. j.j. brennan (unregistered) posted on 21 Jan 2011, 23:02 0 0
@xtroid2k: jailbreaking is not illegal. at least not in the US.
5. xtremesv (unregistered) posted on 21 Jan 2011, 23:43 0 0
Illegal OS bypassing is what made Windows the dominant platform worldwide in the first place.
6. kg4icg posted on 23 Jan 2011, 18:23 0 0
This is nothing new, MS is basically following what Palm has done with it's DEV community.