Apple is America's brand of the year for smartphones and tablets, Verizon the preferred carrier
0. phoneArena 26 Jul 2013, 07:38 posted on
A research by Harris Interactive has polled some 38,500 Americans on their brand preferences across categories such as smartphones, tablets and mobile carriers. As you gleaned already, Cupertino ranked first in the smartphone and tablet categories – an impressive feat considering the stiff competition...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. darkkjedii (Posts: 12730; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I think now that apple stopped resting on their laurels, there'll be more awards coming. Samsung will get some too though.
10. tedkord (Posts: 5308; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Let's hope so. But so far Apple is rumored to not be resting on their laurels. IOS 7 was a big step, but nothing else is confirmed. Apple can do it, but to do so they need to focus more on innovation, less on litigation - fight for new territory rather than defend existing. I'm not sure they're ready to make that change, but it's more likely under Tim Cook than Steve Jobs.
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 12730; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
+1 Ted. I totally agree with you. Apple needs a shot in the arm, and Samsungs providing it big time.
14. roldefol (Posts: 3184; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Google is doing more to push the hardware than Samsung. Look at the new Nexus 7 compared to the outdated Galaxy Tab 3. Samsung doesn't want to spend any more on R&D than Apple so long as the profits keep rolling in.
17. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
wait, what? when did apple stop resting on their laurels? when again? hello, iPad 2/4 hardly increment from 1/3. Entire S line, Mini with pathetic resolution. No other compelling products, iOS7 overhaul made all colorful and flat, like a bad Android theme. Cook, much like Balmer, proves how NOT Bill Gates and Steve Jobs these guys really are!
18. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8924; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Stop being a blind fanboy and admit the iPad 4 is the best tablet on the market besides the N7 (2013). If you think the Retina MBP isn't compelling, then idk what to tell you.
27. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
i am not downing iPads (if i owned a tab and they weren't $500 which is way overpriced for what they do IMO, I'd choose a iPad), I am downing the 2 and the 4 versions as they were designed to bilk their userbase. Completely useless incremental, unnecessary versions of the 1 and 3 iPads! and the Mini should of launched with a higher rez display but they launched it just to get it out quick and screw all the early adopters less than a year later with a good version of the mini
30. -box- (Posts: 3882; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I don't see the ipad as a tablet. A giant ipod touch, sure, but no computer tablet. Androids, sure, since they're stemmed from an actual smartphone OS, not a crummy outdated media player.
That said, were I to get a tablet, I'd get the 8" Acer Iconia W3 or the best-value Windows 8 (not RT, I use too many x86/x64 programs) I could get, but I'm waiting for higher-res screens and built-in [micro]HDMI-out
2. tiara6918 (Posts: 1550; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Apple and Verizon again? I still haven't forgotten yesterday's article
3. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2869; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Nice, every brand should have this home benefit.
4. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
who cares? Until they ask more then 1% of the population it doesnt matter. When you ask about hmmm 60% of the population then it will matter.
20. therealestboy (Posts: 47; Member since: 03 May 2013)
You obviously don't understand how surveys are done. You don't need 60 percent of the population to get an accurate representation in a survey.
6. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Right, I believe this iFabri(forni)Cation. Ironically, Galaxy S3 was top selling smartphone as well as Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy S4, respectively. This is nothing more than iPropaganda paid for by the Cupertino Devil. They must've limited their poll to a farm out in South Dakota
7. roldefol (Posts: 3184; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Right. Remember, it's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.
8. roldefol (Posts: 3184; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Nevemind that in addition to this report, Apple consistently wins customer satisfaction surveys. Nevemind that there is still a large population out there that knows, loves and continues to buy iOS devices. It's all propaganda designed to keep underdog Samsung down.
13. darkkjedii (Posts: 12730; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
There is no conspiracy theory roldefol, apple make good products, so does Sammy. Apple deserves its awards, so does Sammy.
15. roldefol (Posts: 3184; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
You're preaching to the choir. Tell it to the incredulous fanboys who don't believe anyone, anywhere would possibly choose iOS.
21. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Hey, don't pick on His Holy Darkness, ain't his fault he can't write English. But, point well taken. Congrats to the Cupertino Mephistopheles for buying their aWards!
24. darkkjedii (Posts: 12730; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Glad you've changed your material pap. The jealousy laced insults had become boring dude. Insult me all you want, if its funny I'll laugh, but the constant attacks on my fam makes you look jealous, bitter, and weak dude. Real talk...
25. roldefol (Posts: 3184; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Yes, and I'm sure they're paying off the users who consistently rate the products highly. Oh wait... no, because Apple products cost more too. Hmm. Well, maybe it's because the products are actually good and useful. But that would mean that Apple is doing something right, and that's impossible! Oh, my head.
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 12730; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
"This" would pertain to this article, "there" would basically be generalizing Smurf. Thanx for the correction though. +1 bro
11. synot (Posts: 277; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Was this poll taken in Apples hometown?and what % of the population is this?No surprise here Apple stands for America,Even the President will veto any issue against Apple by another Administration in America
28. lsutigers (Posts: 773; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Yeah really, I don't know where that came from. Don't know a single person with Trac Fon and couldn't even tell you where to buy it.
29. -box- (Posts: 3882; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Gah, the one Harris Poll I didn't take :( Might have brought more truthiness to the results.
31. roscuthiii (Posts: 1873; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
A wise man once said: (paraphrased here) There are lies, there are damned lies... and then there are statistics.