Apple inventory system now shows iPhone 4S
0. phoneArena 28 Sep 2011, 12:11 posted on
According to a tip from an anonymous source, Apple’s inventory system now has a listing for an iPhone 4S with the codename N90A that suggests they may be ready to show off two models at next week’s event…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
39. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
iPhone 5 isn't LTE or quad core, so by iPhan standards, it's the best phone out there!
can't see why you're hating on it?
46. Groundhog07 (unregistered)
You can't do that Taco, you can't compare a phone from last year to this year cause they grade phones differently on this website now. EXAMPLE: The samsung continuum got a 9 last year and the Bionic got a 9 this year but they are totally different phones. The continuum would be lucky to get a 7 now if they had to rate it again
79. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
true thats why I dont believe the 9.5 rating for the SGSII.. is just Rory voting.. 9 times that he loves his phone...
82. darth8ball (Posts: 520; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
yeah like iPhones let taco get his emails from the iCarly fan club much easier
118. applesauce (unregistered)
"excellent support".... like if there's any issue, you have to take it to a store after setting up an appointment, or send it to them, for which you'll be charged for them just looking at the silly thing? Or do you mean the numerous updates which introduce new and exciting bugs to the system? Or when iOS4 came out and the end-users who were having issues not being able to connect to ANY network terrestrial or WiFi-based, and/or those whose phones were 'bricked' by the same update, were told they should go and buy the newest phone, regardless of price or eligibility, and also not taking into consideration that the update was supposed to be fully supported and PERFECT on any 3G or newer model? Or, my personal favorite, those who had purchased the iPhone4 and were experiencing the same issues being told to reset their BRAND NEW PHONES to factory settings and run an update to the same version of iOS they were already using??
You may call that "excellent support", but I personally call that a load of baloney. Then again, you've never known different, so I can understand your ignorance. OPEN YOUR EYES! There's WAY better out there, for less money, more satisfaction, and without the negative image and connotations inherent in your slavish devotion to a suicidial ecosystem
65. dacastrator (Posts: 232; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
my point is that Apple is not coming up with something new.. no creativity or whatsoever.. arent you tired of same sh*t over and over again?
80. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
dude calm down,., in a few days your wait is over...
87. dacastrator (Posts: 232; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
admit it dude. even you guys can predict what they will come up with.
106. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I did predict that the iphone 5 will blow any phone specally the SGSII back to korea... where it sold...
110. dacastrator (Posts: 232; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Don't fool yourself dude. I know you're a little bit better than that.
114. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
ok I did exagerated a little... but it will sell more than the SGSII for sure
7. Andres (unregistered)
I am sort of tired of all this iPhone rumors and all that stuff. I believe Apple is doing it on purpose to generate more expectation and marketting. I do want to know what the next iPhone will have, but I'll wait until they announce it officially and bypass all those rumors we see everyday.
38. vette21man (Posts: 351; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Duh...I think Apple teaches marketing to marketing professors.
8. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Ignoring the hopeless trolls for a minute I'm really excited to get past all these rumors and hear the announcement on October 4th.
I could be totally off, but I think with the delay Apple will have something big up it's sleeve. Something with that wow factor that makes people go crazy.
11. dacastrator (Posts: 232; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
People that goes crazy with the same sh*t are seriously crazy.
15. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
You seem pretty excited about it. You've posted on every rumor this week. Buyers remorse on the android?
62. dacastrator (Posts: 232; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
coz i'm sick of all the non sense cheap rumors floating around.. and you iFags are getting really excited everytime a rumor comes out even if it's the rumor again and again.
20. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
yepp, something definitely big..
IT CAN F-ING MAKE CALLS!!!!
now you can't be envious of us superior android beings :D
enjoy finally having the ability to make calls
28. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Can you come up with something new. You've been using the same weak comeback for over a year.
Fandroids aren't very creative.
42. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
says the person who's been using android crashes and lags for 2 years.... who's not creative O.o
47. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Android does crash and lag read the post about the galaxy tab 8.9 from yesterday. Laggy out the box!
94. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
and the iPhone DOES drop calls, read the article that came out a year ago. Dropping calls because you 'hold' it the 'wrong' way
100. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Nobody really has to worry about the 'death grip' in the real world because almost nobody uses the phone without a case.
112. aar0983 (Posts: 51; Member since: 26 Sep 2011)
This has to be the worst excuse I've ever heard, Besides "Honey sorry I'm banging the neighbor you weren't suppose to be home" lol
12. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Apple 5 is so secret even Steve Jobs don't know what it is look like.
21. ztedac (Posts: 69; Member since: 17 May 2010)
so it's NOT an iphone5 but a iphone4S
will it solve the previous issues?
41. vette21man (Posts: 351; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Previous issues? You mean the death grip thing that everyone talks about? Never witnessed it. Not sure what other issues it had.
22. hcbarclay (Posts: 62; Member since: 20 Dec 2009)
their marketing alone is causing this "craze"...every iPhone to date has had some hardware issue...software is a no brainer with these guys, some of the best...dont like that you have to connect to the computer to perform updates(whack)...but again it is their marketing that makes Apple so successful
30. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
iOS 5 changes that. It has ota updates.
122. cnwwyo (Posts: 126; Member since: 26 May 2011)
so they are finally sort of catching up to android? lol
25. dashak (unregistered)
iPhone 4S : Minor updates/upgrades repackaged and rebranded for the purpose of making money off of those without the wits to realize they're being taken advantage of.
Apple does it every year and still hardly anyone catches on.
31. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Why do you care how other people choose to spend their money?
48. vette21man (Posts: 351; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
No, they've made advancements that still no one can meet. For example, retina display, dead simple interface, amazing quality construction...all while keeping it compatible with legacy devices (e.g., stereo dock, iTunes, car charger, Apple ecosystem).
Trust me, if Apple screws up, I will eat my words, but they're not dumb...they will release something that is competitive and continues to push innovation forward.
49. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Good post. You won't be very popular on here. Usually crapple sux!!! Will get you about 20 thumbs up.
105. darth8ball (Posts: 520; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
Let's analyze that comment, shall we
Retina display(Apple made that display right, WRONG, they bought it)
dead simple interface(for dead simple consumers)
amazing quality construction(as long as you hold it right)
and keeping up with quality legacy devices....by maintaining the same size(no design innovation to speak of) and not changing the location or size of the connector port...or adding a HDMI port, or removable back or battery.
FREAKING AWESOME ADVANCEMENTS RIGHT??????
116. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
and it outsells every single android phone
124. iosmaster (Posts: 115; Member since: 06 Jul 2011)
The problem is that you are so stuck on the past, who needs HDMI with AIRPLAY and who the hell needs battery replacement when i dont need to do it because i dont own an crapdroid, BTW ANOTHER PROBLEM WITH MY BRO GALAXY S2 WHEN TETHERING 3G AND CONNECTINGIT TO MY CAR STEREO WITH BLUETOOTH IT LAAAGGGSS I MEAN MUSIC LAGS AND STOPS AND SO ON AND DISCONNECTS, IPHONE 4 HANDLE ITS BETTER JUST SAYING
142. vette21man (Posts: 351; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Let's analyze THAT comment, shall we
- Retina display (Right, Apple didn't blow the glass; are you saying that a Ford Mustang's stereo isn't amazing because Bose made it and not Ford? Apple is one of the world's best system integrators, no other company has "bought" a higher resolution display)
- Dead simple interface (sometimes you just want it to work, if I want to google something or listen to music, I just want it to work and quickly, Apple's products do that; dead simple consumers is just an ignorant comment)
- Amazing quality construction(as long as you hold it right? seriously? that's your argument? The iPhone 4 is of the most quality construction of any phone, I think that's hard to argue against; android phones are made of plastic and are often flimsy/creaky when handled, it's not a knock against Android, it's probably mostly to make it easier to remove the battery cover)
I don't say these things to promote Apple and bash Android...it just bugs me when people bash Apple/Android with arguments that are not backed up.
86. Tmachaveli (Posts: 425; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
Crapple Sux!!! feel better?? I sure do lol
51. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Check out this survey fandroids. 52% of android users are planning to switch to iPhone.
54. Galen20K (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
Not to join the fray or anything as I don't really care about either company who doesn't really care about me but I don't think BGR is a credible source.
58. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
They didn't do the survey just posted the results. It was done by a 3rd party.
71. p0rkguy (Posts: 685; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Don't even know where you're reading but it clearly says 27% for iPhone 5 and 11% for iPhone 4S.
From a user post.
"Umm unless I'm mistaken, the beginning of the article said 52% of Android users plan to switch over, then at the end it said only like 27%. I did read that correct, right? I'm guessing it's the 27% knowing how fanatic and crazy Android fanboys are for their preciousss OS. :p"
Don't know about you but it does seem like BGR has been full of s**t whenever Apple looks positive on something.
76. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Just cause you don't like doesn't make it shet fanboy
89. Galen20K (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
taco I agree with you. I'm mostly an Android user and even tho I am I still really like to follow Apple products and Windows Phone 7. Both Apple and Windows Phone offer really quality products and I still really admire them and get excited for them. I may not agree with Apple's business practices BUT you cannot deny they make some of the most high quality products and I do enjoy my iPod touch 4 very much.
93. p0rkguy (Posts: 685; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
There's the old uneducated posting taco50 everyone knows.
108. darth8ball (Posts: 520; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
If you read thru the whole article at the lower part the chart and section it contains, contradicts the facts and numbers given in the opening paragraph
The study uncovered that over half of BlackBerry users (52%) are planning to switch to the new Apple iPhone 5, followed by 51% of current iPhone users and over one in four (27%) Android owners. Even if the announcement only unveils an iPhone 4S, 28% of current BlackBerry smartphone owners plan to switch to Apple, more than double the amount of current iPhone and Android owners.
Percentage of mobile consumers planning to switch to new iPhone:
Current Phone % Planning to Switch to iPhone 5 % Planning to Switch to iPhone “4S”
iPhone 51 11
Android 27 11
BlackBerry 52 28
109. darth8ball (Posts: 520; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
Besides the fact, do you understand what... network ad data research..is and how it works.
53. Mooooo (Posts: 212; Member since: 27 Aug 2011)
I had an iphone 3g its was a decent phone. Except for that ios 4 update that was bad until they updated it more. However, with ios 3 it did its job (no pun intended) but I got bored with it. So I moved on...
As of now I have no plans going back to one. If anything I am waiting for Nexus Galaxy Prime or whatever they are going to call it.
90. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
really.. are you waiting for the Prime. I had no idea... Optimus...I hope you are not married as in a few years will bored you and trade her.. hmmm ..Moooooo transform.. and roll the F**k out..!!!..
66. Krueger83 (unregistered)
I've been reading article on this site for a long time now. The articles are great BUT the comments posted by readers are stupid. Over half the comments are users insulting other users. If you like Android get and Android phone. If you like the iPhone get the iPhone. Reading the posts here makes me think that all these people are 12 year old kids whose opinions don't even matter as it is their parents that decide if they are going to give them a new phone. These users should walk away from their computers and practice real communication skills.
70. android1234 (Posts: 114; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
The only real mystery that I think everyone is waiting for with anticipation is what it will look like, the new design and screen size. Otherwise everything else is already expected, the A5 dualcore processor, 8mp camera, ios5....unless Apple introduces a whole new technology/ feature that will be new and truly amazing..
83. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I'm still waiting for that upward-facing camera.
102. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
yea dont count on new technology/ feature....
95. aar0983 (Posts: 51; Member since: 26 Sep 2011)
No LTE or HSPA+ = fail. Another year with 3g speeds would suck really bad.