Apple in negotiations to buy Beats Audio for $3.2 billion?
0. phoneArena 08 May 2014, 18:19 posted on
Apple is in negotiations to buy Beats Audio for $3.2 billion, according to rumors circulating on Thursday afternoon. The deal could be announced as soon as next week. If announced, it would be the largest acquisition ever by Apple. The maker of premium headphones recently started a streaming music service that competes with Apple's own iTunes Radio...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
57. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
They are still holding talks and they've already? WTF, what the actual f*?k
24. wilsong17 (unregistered)
So another 100 if you want beats audio with your iPhone lol
25. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
More money for DR. DRE he doesn't care as long he gets paid. which i don't mind him doin it but selling it to Apple com on
27. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 474; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Can't say I'm surprised. Apple has huge brand value, that Apple logo is what makes the purchase for a lot of people in the US. Beats has a similar identity so I think it's pretty logical for Apple to make the purchase. And with what Apple has in the bank 3.2B would be a drop in the water, wouldn't it?
32. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Glad to see Apple waste some of their money..keep it going Apple...meanwhile, keep paying your patent trial lawyers and make another boring device with a boring UI...eventually, people will understand that it is not so premium...someday
33. Ninetysix (Posts: 2340; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Do you have an ETA? one year, 5 year, 10 years?
35. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
You will side Apple even if they do wrong
You still will give credit when Apple wants to dictate
You live life in democracy not dictate
44. stealthd (unregistered)
You side against Apple even if they do right
You won't give them credit when they don't dictate
You can't English
48. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 474; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Hahahahahaha. Alright I'm calling it now this is the most brutal I've seen the comments on PA for a while. At least in terms of good comebacks, the S5 vs Z2 poll had more rabid, idiotic fanboys.
51. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
"That's how I write"
"I'm not illiterate nor uneducated"
I'm writing in plain English, not Arabia nor German
You understood my comments, but still had the instability to poke
71. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Dude, the poster is a troll...remember taco and mxy?
67. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Great perspective -- let the big shiny troll eat the little shiny troll. Eventually people will understand shiny troll companies not so great after all.
34. imkyle (Posts: 1072; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Lets see... $299 for a pair of headphones, or $229 for a Nexus 7 tablet.
43. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
$299 for a pair of $29 headphones... or $229 for a $229 tablet. FTFY.
47. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2071; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
179$ for a Moto G, which has better specs than a 700$ iPhone.
38. DigitalJedi_X (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
So I guess this is how Apple will justify asking for a $100 price increase on the iPhone. By having a pair of Beats airbuds packaged with their phone. Smh...
53. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
And they will call it innovation!
More like an epic iFail.
78. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
OUCH i have a hole in my wallet now.
54. PBXtech (Posts: 1032; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
It that's the case, I'd like to see Google purchase Cowon to get a better sound for less money.
56. JC557 (Posts: 1434; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
No need to purchase Cowon, just put in a Wolfson DAC paired with BBE audio software. It's a shame Cowon and iRiver haven't been producing new audio players as of late. Much better sound and value than competing iPods.
59. PBXtech (Posts: 1032; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Yeah, outstanding audio but little recognition and marketing. I tell people about Cowon all the time. When they ask me what the difference is, I tell them iPods are for people who like music but Cowon is for people who love music.
80. Forsaken77 (Posts: 553; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
The last Cowon player I had was the M5, I believe. Insane sound and was the top player at the time.
60. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The iPod Touch 5G is a very good audio player. Maybe some others are slightly better, but they don't offer the easy access to music that the iPod does through iTunes, Spotify, Pandora, Rdio, Beats, etc.
66. Topcat488 (Posts: 1395; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Beats really is overrated, they don't have quality speakers in my opinion. If you don't believe me... Just search the internet and do your own research, comparing it to other headphones. O.o
69. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Beats is really a company that fits better with Microsoft than with Apple. Hopefully Microsoft will swoop in and snatch them up for $5-6B.
82. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Or this iphone.appleinsider.com/articles/14/05/09/rumor_beats_ceo_in_talks_to_join_apple_as_special_advisor_to_tim_cook.html
86. Diezparda (Posts: 871; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
how about no? there are much more similarity between Apple and Beats, both are very expensive and overrated. They both are fashion accessories.
79. Forsaken77 (Posts: 553; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
Beats & Apple go hand in hand. They both rely mainly on their image to sell a sub-par product. I'm not going to go into Apple, but Beats is the worst of the premium headphone market, by a long shot. I have a nice pair of Sennheiser Momentums that make Beats sound like the free pair that comes with your phone.
If anybody was considering a top-end Beats model headphone, check out the Sennheiser Momentum Over-Ear cans first. They're about the same in price... $275-$300... and are made to work great with mobile devices out of the box without the need for an amp.
87. Diezparda (Posts: 871; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
Beats headphone more like premium price but cheap quality (both audio and build quality) compared to Momentum they are nothing. I love momentum but they need bigger ear pads because it's kinda small for me, i rarely use it for long time periods i prefer MDR 1R.
85. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Beats is like monster cable and HTC. Put some rice rocket looking import car stuff on your cables or your phones and the morons eat it up.
Very sad indeed.
88. Killua (Posts: 270; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
It's like Hipsters². Together they'll create the ultimate devices for hipsters.
89. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
It's so about image over quality.
Can't think of a better match up.
95. jackskellington6 (Posts: 11; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
So Apple makes their next iPhone look like an HTC One (given that the leaks are showing the real deal), and now they want to buy Beats which have been in HTC phones?