Apple iWatch concept integrates with Apple Maps
0. phoneArena 24 May 2013, 20:55 posted on
Wearable devices are expected to be a $6 billion business in just three years; led by Google Glass, the category will also include smartwatches which most of the major device manufacturers are expected to produce. From Apple, Google, Samsung, LG and Microsoft, these major manufacturers have either announced that they are building a smartwatch, or are rumored to be doing so...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. darkkjedii (Posts: 13563; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
C'mon you can do better than that, "iFail" everyone uses that. Plus you, and I both know it won't be a failure.
8. lyndon420 (Posts: 1870; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Yeah it's actually not a bad looking design. Having navigation on your wrist would be cool beyond belief. We's talkin' James Bond s**t.
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 13563; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
A more futuristic looking band, and voilà. Wearable tech is probably the next wave, I could go for one. What about you Lyndon?
13. lyndon420 (Posts: 1870; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I'd snap one up in a heartbeat bud. Absolutely.
12. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
LMFAO! the joke is on Apple now :p
using that failed map will just lead people to instead entrance to hell. less isheps i suppose.
28. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Yes, because Google does great mobile 3D maps. What do yiu mean, they have none? Well, surely they at least do them on desktops? Apparently very well...lol
14. lyndon420 (Posts: 1870; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I love my little red thumb(s). Gives me lots of attention that I wouldn't have otherwise.
24. haseebzahid (Posts: 1842; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
except for apple maps which will lead you though the MARS to the moon from the sun
16. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 324; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Integrates with Apple Maps? LOL Not only will people not get where they are going, now they won't know when they got lost.
19. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Another device to help you get lost into somewhere (iMaps). I wont buy an Apple product, but that's a nice looking design nonetheless.
23. haseebzahid (Posts: 1842; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
yeah no s**t if it was to be a sucess atlest remove Apple maps use some better maps out there almost every other maps are better
25. Droiddoes (unregistered)
Word. I for one think it's great that apple is now offering it's suckers- er, I mean customers three ways to get lost; the iphone, the ipad, and now the ipod wrist!
2. darkkjedii (Posts: 13563; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Not a fan of the band, but the Concept is pretty. I think the big A's gonna homer with this puppy.
4. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Dark concept designs are never curved! Look at the Italian, German Concept iP5, it looks awsome! Looks like oPpo, Sony design: No curves!
But this...? A Fail™
5. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6816; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
One ugly iwatch even if it is a concept. I'm sure the watch will be over priced as their products.
6. mikes_phone_and_tab (Posts: 4; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
It'll integrate with Apple Maps but people will just wait for Google Maps to become available. I really hope they don't make a selling point out of this especially after the last little fiasco.
7. MartyK (Posts: 729; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
This is going to be very convenient, a time stamp when you get lost :)
11. lyndon420 (Posts: 1870; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
That would depend on any who are affected by daylight savings time.
9. lyndon420 (Posts: 1870; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I won't be surprised to see something come out right away like this with a very dramatically curved display. The tech is there just waiting for us to sample.
15. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Until it's got an Apple R&D sticker branded on the design it really doesn't mean much of anything to me. Otherwise, I got a little cousin with gadget doodles that rival this.
17. gaurang (Posts: 94; Member since: 16 Nov 2012)
now my watch is gonna help me get lost....thnx to apple maps
18. chemhaz (Posts: 160; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Soon you will loose track of time even faster.
20. Topcat488 (Posts: 1180; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I guess Apple is gonna put a "Patent" on curved watches now... Oh NO.
21. Daftama (Posts: 575; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Hmm Apple strategy of selling iwatch...no siri 1sr addition 2nd addition siri 3rd addition camera o did I forget 2nd addition will be slimmer and 3rd additiOn retina display 4th additon waterproof. .
26. Droiddoes (unregistered)
5th edition same as the previous BUT with a slightly better processor, so you can do nothing, faster!
22. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
You know, if they replaced that cheap fake leather wristband with a stainless steel band it would look tres chic. The million dollar question, though, can it actually tell time and will I make it to Burger King?
27. meowcenary (Posts: 187; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I still prefer my kinetic or wind up watches. It is always chic in casual or suits and I would not standout as a hipster. Also if there is ever going to be a nuclear airburts (EMP from airburst) or a EMP detonation. My watches would still be running....
29. leaderpvp (Posts: 17; Member since: 26 May 2013)
Let's see how well this device will perform under sun light, how well you'll be able to see the arrow... Personally i dont prefer such companion, same as does not hate it. But, in my opinion, the google glass will rule as the companion to the smart.