Apple iPhone takes the top spot in Japan last year for the first time ever
0. phoneArena posted on 13 Feb 2013, 00:51
With 16% of the Japanese smartphone market by the end of last year, the Apple iPhone took the top spot in the country finishing the year with a 15% market share; Apple had taken the top spot from hometown manufacturer Sharp in the fourth quarter of 2011, but Sharp regained the top spot during trhe first half of last year...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. jcpwn2004 posted on 13 Feb 2013, 01:05 1 0
I was just going to ask the same thing, pretty surprised here. Congrats to apple, I would just assume that sony/samsung/huawei would be dominating.
3. wendygarett (limited) 3 days ago posted on 13 Feb 2013, 01:24 0 0
Most iPhone users in Japan are Nintendo fans :)
4. PapaSmurf posted on 13 Feb 2013, 01:35 2 0
There is and always will be a soft spot for Nintendo in my heart. My N64 still looks brand new after 16 years.
5. wendygarett (limited) 3 days ago posted on 13 Feb 2013, 01:42 0 0
I love Nintendo because of pokemon :p
but nice to see you have an antique from them :)
8. GeekMovement posted on 13 Feb 2013, 02:13 0 0
N64 is antique? I still play Super Nintendo with the classic Super Mario World and the original Donkey Kong Countries.
But aside from that note, I am one of the "odd" ones that is a nintendo fan, but not an iPhone user.
7. PapaSmurf posted on 13 Feb 2013, 02:12 11 2
Your name and avatar leads me to believe you're ready for the iPhone 20.
10. imsickwithsmartphone posted on 13 Feb 2013, 02:31 5 4
I'm always ready whatever Apple will release their product XD
11. bachelorrn0121 posted on 13 Feb 2013, 03:21 3 5
If apple release is**t and they said it is most nutritious food you will eat it?
12. imsickwithsmartphone posted on 13 Feb 2013, 03:32 0 3
No way I will eat that kind of fruit.... XD
13. jsdechavez posted on 13 Feb 2013, 04:13 0 3
But most other phones in Japan are miles ahead of the iPhone5! Take Sharp Aquos phones for example, they're all waterproof. What's happening Japs?