Apple iPhone takes the top spot in Japan last year for the first time ever
0. phoneArena 13 Feb 2013, 00:51 posted on
With 16% of the Japanese smartphone market by the end of last year, the Apple iPhone took the top spot in the country finishing the year with a 15% market share; Apple had taken the top spot from hometown manufacturer Sharp in the fourth quarter of 2011, but Sharp regained the top spot during trhe first half of last year...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
I was just going to ask the same thing, pretty surprised here. Congrats to apple, I would just assume that sony/samsung/huawei would be dominating.
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
Most iPhone users in Japan are Nintendo fans :)
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5823; Member since: 14 May 2012)
There is and always will be a soft spot for Nintendo in my heart. My N64 still looks brand new after 16 years.
5. wendygarett (unregistered)
I love Nintendo because of pokemon :p
but nice to see you have an antique from them :)
8. GeekMovement (Posts: 1481; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
N64 is antique? I still play Super Nintendo with the classic Super Mario World and the original Donkey Kong Countries.
But aside from that note, I am one of the "odd" ones that is a nintendo fan, but not an iPhone user.
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5823; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Your name and avatar leads me to believe you're ready for the iPhone 20.
10. imsickwithsmartphone (Posts: 153; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I'm always ready whatever Apple will release their product XD
11. bachelorrn0121 (Posts: 57; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
If apple release is**t and they said it is most nutritious food you will eat it?
12. imsickwithsmartphone (Posts: 153; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
No way I will eat that kind of fruit.... XD
13. jsdechavez (Posts: 652; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
But most other phones in Japan are miles ahead of the iPhone5! Take Sharp Aquos phones for example, they're all waterproof. What's happening Japs?