Apple iPhone is number 5 in China with 8% of the market during Q1
0. phoneArena 09 May 2013, 11:06 posted on
The Apple iPhone picked up some market share in China during the first quarter led by the release of the Apple iPhone 5 and helped along by price cuts on older models of the phone; with China being the largest smartphone market in the world, Apple would like to continue moving up the ranks to challenge Samsung which held a leading 20% of the market compared to Apple;'s 8%...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Apple iPhone is on fifth place? It should be ZTE or Oppo, not Apple!
Even though Apple is on fifth place, it's still low.
lol Apple can't even beat Huawei's and Lenovo's market share! xD
2. TripleTwo (Posts: 29; Member since: 08 May 2013)
The story in China is totally different. Wait for some time!
darkjeddi, are you sure this kid has a lotta good points?
6. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
And this proves that you didn't read the article, and you didn't read my comment properly.
Do you understand? My comment have four Chinese manufacturers, ZTE, Oppo, Huawei and Lenovo. If the title says "Apple iPhone is number 5 in US with 8% of the market during Q1", I won't say "Apple can't even beat Huawei's and Lenovo's market share!"
And this proves that you didn't read the title properly, it says China, China man! Of course I know that the story in China will be totally different, you think I'm stupid? REMEMBER! The title says China, it shows the market share of these manufacturers in China. And there's nothing wrong with my comment.
Dark, what do you think about this kid above me?
7. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Sorry, about the complicated explaning.......I'm messed up right now!
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 19136; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lol I'm gonna defer you two to Troll lol.
3. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 260; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
...the cheaper iPhone is going to change it :D
8. funnyguy (banned) (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
What is this Huawei you are talking about?
Were can I get this phone?
4. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
I don't really ever see the iphone developing market share in china. There's too many fake iphones and cheaper, better alternatives like huawei and lenovo.
5. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
They make iPhones but don't get to use them. The irony.
12. darth8ball (Posts: 520; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
If your family and countrymen were being enslaved to produce a product would you jump to spend your money to support such business practices?
15. tedkord (Posts: 9671; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Enslaved is a bit strong. No one is forced to work at Foxxcon.
16. darth8ball (Posts: 520; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
Ok I'm open to suggestions what is a better description. Keep in mind I will no longer eat Poppa Johns pizza because they will not give any employees full time hopes as to not be required to provide health care even partial
9. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Ok I will say this, I really want people to stop being so surprised at the "growth" in comparison to other countries. China has 1 billion plus people in the country. Isn't it safe to assume that this growth will not only be automatic but pretty much will outstrip every country and any known record in stats? Just saying.
13. Aeires (unregistered)
I'm just surprised there's a story about fifth place. Agree with what you're saying, only country that comes to mind with this kind of market is India. Both are going to be key players in the mobile market.
11. funnyguy (banned) (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
Yes but the Fake iPhone 5 holds 50% of Chinas marketshare...
They might even export it to the US...
14. ryq24 (Posts: 677; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
With the price iPhone is selling it will never be number one in china.