Apple iPhone gets smoking hot on a Regional Express flight to Sydney
0. phoneArena 28 Nov 2011, 06:11 posted on
The local Regional Express airline issued a press release for an incident on its flight ZL319 from Lismore to Sydney about an iPhone starting to emit dense smoke and "red glow"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sniggly (Posts: 6400; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
iPhones have no issues, iPhones have no issues, iPhones have no issues...
Anyone remember the reports that cropped up in Europe a couple of years ago about iPhone screens exploding?
6. rendHELL (Posts: 304; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
So thats why androids are used by US military...
and i guess iphones are used by terrorists???
7. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3427; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yes I know what you mean, iPhones NEVER have issues. The iPhone 4S has a worse battery than the iPhone 4, & the iPhone 4S does get hot whether people want to admit it or not.
BUT again the iPhone NEVER has any issues.
18. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you know the iphone never has issues. especially WEEKLY issues with iphones..
hey, did anyone call exploding battery for this weeks iphone issue? winner winner chicken dinner, if ya did.
we REALLY need to get a side pool going and place weekly bets on what is going to be the next week's issue. lol.
21. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3427; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
lol My guess would be that Siri starts to tell people to f*ck off.
Siri can you please tell me the weather?
**Siri** Why don't you look outside a$shole.
Siri can you read me my text?
**Siri** What your eyes don't work? Are you that f*cking lazy?
23. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
siri with turrets syndrome. I would buy an iphone for that.. lol
35. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3427; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Wow I would actually be scared of Siri with turrets syndrome. Maybe the iPhone 4S will come alive like Chucky & try to kill my a$s in my sleep.
Thanks but no thanks! :-( lol
45. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3427; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
You know you are right, I didn't know how to spell it so I spelled it the way of the gun. lol Thanks for looking out. I will never forget now though.
26. andro. (Posts: 1926; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
You asked what buy or fault might appear with the iphone this week and the phone has duly answered!! Can we get another bug or fault to appear by the weekend coming????
50. matistight (Posts: 191; Member since: 13 May 2009)
4S having battery issues? And you, an android user have room to talk? Right.
4S has no battery issues. My girlfriend has a 4S and doesn\'t complain. A girl not complaining? Nearly impossible.
53. rendHELL (Posts: 304; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
At least Android does not explode or smoke or gets red hot.....
58. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3427; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I have an iPhone 4S. It was given to me & I know for a fact compared to my iPhone 4 which again was given to me, it does have worse battery life.
So I guess don't judge a book by its cover!
11. sudhar131998 (Posts: 63; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
when the iphone is burning Siri should say
"please save me I am on fire"
just like it does for other notifications .
example of the SIRI advertisement
"A message form SANDY CHENG ..... Are we still on for dinner tonight?"
P.S Apple if you are reading this you should know that I am not telling that iphone is all bad but Please find some safety measures like updating the flight mode etc...and also load the dialog which I presented so that the customer can be secured alittle bit about the iphone 4S
8. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 799; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Makes me sing the Tina Arena\'s song \"I want you to Burn, Burn for me Baby Like an iPhone in the night\"
9. palmguy (Posts: 135; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)
I work at a mobile phone store. I had a customer claim her 4s heated up til glass cracked on the back from the inside. She called Apple Care to set an appointment.
12. jacko (unregistered)
taco wwhheerree aarree yyoouu
i thought is**t was perfect
13. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Dag I told you the iPhone was hot.
Nothing is perfect but the iPhone is close.
14. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 799; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Thumbin\' you up for makin me chuckle for a few minutes.
15. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Is this the magical self-destruct feature Miz wanted?
16. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
Seriously it could be a big issue during the flight
Or if an iphone explodes in someone's pocket
Iphones should be banned and stupid patents canceled
17. gallitoking (Posts: 4628; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Androud phones also have issues... but nobody cares... they will be 49.99 after 3 months after lanch... if they burned.. talk or never needs chargng... nobody cares..maybe Sniggly if it is a Moto..
19. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Let's see if I can decipher your post:
Android phones also have issues. Nobody denies that.
They will be 49.99 3 months after launch. Shucks! I hate affordable phones.
If they burned. They don't.
Talk or never needs charging. No idea here.
Nobody cares. You are correct. Nobody cares.
Maybe Sniggly if it is a Moto. No idea here either.
Well, I tried.
29. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
If the fact that we can only understand half of what you're saying (at best) and disagree with what we can understand is "old news" then...
Why the f**k are you still posting here?
36. gallitoking (Posts: 4628; Member since: 17 May 2011)
because i post... for me.. not for you...
38. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Oh, that explains everything.
That must be the case with taco too.
Thanks for the clarification. :)
41. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5467; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
At least ours dont melt like the iphone
20. Skidro13 (Posts: 51; Member since: 27 Jul 2010)
i love that the only people that really get on this site are android people
22. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
I wouldn't say that's entirely true. I myself am not necessarily an "android person" but I do want the best technology. At this point, I honestly believe that's Android.
I would agree with you that the majority of the opinions expressed on this site are pro Android but that may just be that it's Android's time now. :)
The iPhone is well and great but in reality Android is just more flexible, so it would only make sense that the majority of people prefer Android simply because there are more options for them.
24. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lol, there are people from every stripe here. Many of us, like myself arent "android people". Im a tech nut, i go where the best value for my buck is. Of course, there are fanboys of every stripe here. Most of these posts are just poking at taco and gallito(and a few others), the resident apple fanboys who deny there is ever a problem with an iphone
25. gallitoking (Posts: 4628; Member since: 17 May 2011)
nobody is denying anything here... so i dont know where your statement comes from..( well i do know).. they are electronic devices.. there is not a device out there that doesnt fail... even my toaster will fail... O i dont see the fuss is about.... all I said it that because is a slow news day... a iphone being malicious is news.. If Siri farts .. is news.. thats all.. Windows and Android phones dont have that privilege..
30. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Why...do...you still.... post... like.... this.... it makes... it... very hard... to .... understand... what... you are trying.... to say.
Maybe... proper... grammar... and... a ... small amount... of punctuation... would make... things you say... make sense.
If Siri could fart then Apple would lose 50% of their income because nobody would need to pay $.99 for fart apps. C'MON DUDE!
34. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its amazing that you never hear of google's voice commands going down left and right. Siri may be an evolution in the way that it can pick up multiple commands, but it is definately devolved in its stability since it requires a constant connection to apple to work.
voice commands work with or without a connection. :)
37. gallitoking (Posts: 4628; Member since: 17 May 2011)
show me five people that uses google voice... and if they do.. who cares.. is Android.. they will never make the news.. because again.. nobody cares... like i said... unless they give their galaxy phones in a tent outside an Apple store...nobody cares...
39. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Here you go posting for yourself again.
You pretty much sum it up with "show me five people that uses google voice... and if they do... who cares"
It's like you're saying "Go ahead, prove me wrong. I don't give a shit anyways! I'm right!"
49. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
if noone cared, then they wouldnt be at 50% market penetration and still quickly growing to apple's stagnant 20%.
talk all you want about apple's big sales numbers.. their market position has barely changed in a year while android's has doubled.
52. gallitoking (Posts: 4628; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Wow.. the only reason Android has market share is because they saturate the market with medium to low end devices with only a couple of high end devices.... wow what an accomplisment... but your are right.. the LG Optimus and the bust Samsung Charge... indeed help Android get market share..lol..
55. rendHELL (Posts: 304; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
I use google voice... You can suck steve jobs dead pr*ck forever and we android users dont give a damn about your ish*t life...
59. Fallout09 (Posts: 408; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I use Google's voice feature. That makes 1.
60. gallitoking (Posts: 4628; Member since: 17 May 2011)
wow 2 trolls use google voice,.. hmmm
42. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5467; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
and you're even talkn bad bout Windows.
62. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i\'m pretty sure an iPhone burning up in an Airplane is legitimate news. xD
27. andro. (Posts: 1926; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Apples official statement on the matter
"The phone was not stored using the special correct apple iphone storage procedures and thus the warranty is void,please buy a new apple iphone to replace it at your nearest apple store.......that is all"
31. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Apples official statement would be:
Your iPhone did not get smoking hot.
Sent from my room temperature iPhone,
33. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
That made me laugh. Don't know why, but thanks!
44. aruegas (Posts: 9; Member since: 04 Mar 2011)
Why do comments on here seem to indicate that all iphones exploded? I thought only one iphone exploded on that plane?
Also, it's still being investigated. What if it turns out that something else caused the explosion or if there's a logical explanation for it? I guess those iphone haters would just have to walk around pretending they never said anything about it. But are already happy they did.
One thing I noticed about android users is. They are so quick to make bad comments/judgements whenever an unfavorable article about Apple products come up. Even when it is quite early to make conclusions. Not very intelligent.
56. rendHELL (Posts: 304; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
We Are like this... because ifanatics like gallito and taco are also quick to make bad comments and judgements.. ask remix and the others...
(Whoopsie... Mentioning the name of remix gives you a thumb down from apple users..... XD)
46. BattleBrat (Posts: 883; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I wonder if Siri started screaming when the phone caught fire, I can see some 40 something business mans pocket spontaneously catch fire, the phone screaming, VERY confused fellow passengers wondering WTF is happening, ahhhh good times... brought to you by Apple.
I charged my Droid RAZR for the first time, it stayed ICE COLD, never even got warm.(I charged through a computer because I was playing with EasyTether pro)
My Droid X was left in a car in the sun and the battery swelled up and cracked the case, but it had an external source of heat that caused it to swell, I popped a new battery in and I'm using it now while the NEW new screen protector arrives (the RAZR is idling at home.) Wrapsol went to dry install, which is fine and dandy, but the adhesive on their protectors is too strong for cellophane tape to clean, so if you get a single speck of dust on it while installing, it is game over. I ordered a Martin Fields screen protector (Greatest screen protectors on earth), they released it faster than I thought they would, only took them a week instead of months..
51. JGuinan007 (Posts: 598; Member since: 19 May 2011)
So what did happen why would it glow red and spew smoke? My friend flys all the time with her 4s is she in danger of this happening to her?
57. rendHELL (Posts: 304; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
yes it can be dangerous... as you see in this article...