Apple iPhone and Apple iPad could be banned in U.S. following ITC patent review
0. phoneArena 25 Jun 2012, 22:09 posted on
The ITC on Monday said it would review an April ruling that found that Apple had infringed on Motorola patent relating to Wi-Fi; if so inclined, the Judge could put a ban on the import into the U.S. of Apple's devices that include the offending technology...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
15. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Poor Apple :p But let's reserve the celebration until after the final judgement! (stares with evil eyes)
Let the DRUM tROLL begin. :p Badum tsssss :)
38. jroc74 (Posts: 5986; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Burning question: how many patents does Apple has FRAND? That is a real serious question I ask.
And that is the real question some folks should ask.
47. matrix_neo (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
You have one thumbs down, I'm sure it's either taco or gallitoking lol
83. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
no THIS WOULD BE AWESOME
118. blazee (Posts: 407; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
lets be realistic here, this is not gonna happen
127. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Why do Majority of People Love Apple Products? Because it's very easy to use, super simple, boring for those advanced tech people. People do not buy Android devices because they think they're hard to use, and hype itself. An Android device is not hard to use *well unless if you have a low IQ on gadgets, yeah maybe* Apple is very simple and easy to use, thus making it the "all age" product, ugh...my goodness even my grandmother can use one, that's how freaking easy it is. Android is for the advance users who know how to tweak+customize their phone like a boss.
2. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Karma.....is a bitch. Lol. Lol...evil laughing. Lol
27. sprockkets (Posts: 1611; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
And the sad part is, Nokia is filing for support of apple, when they themselves sued them over wireless standard patents and were seeking product bans.
Nokia went from a cool company to being run by a MS lapdog.
3. Commentator (Posts: 3665; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
The moment of truth has come: can the ITC think for itself, or is it just Apple's lapdog?
4. KParks23 (Posts: 583; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
WTF just ban everything and make everyone turn there smartphones in for bag phones and be done with this BS!!!
80. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 1067; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
Apple started the war now it's their turn to bask in ban land
5. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Oh please oh please oh please oh please. That would be GLORIOUS! Apple gets its just desserts, ignorant shoppers learn more truths about apple ( not made in the U.S., blatant theft), the poor workers at foxconn might get a break of sorts, and some of the OEMs who have been banned get some satisfaction
9. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
That is, only if this applies to apple. Let the other companies work out an arrangement but apple gets banned
100. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Obviously just like we don't want Apple banning Android, the same goes for Apple. These devices push each other and ALL need to exist, even windows phones lol. Sure, Apple has been pathetic in their attempts at thermonuclear war agaisnt android for no effin reason but that man is dead and Cook seems a lot more reasonable... live and let live.. lol when I am the voice of reason when it comes to Apple/Android debate!
6. biophone (Posts: 1910; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Standard essential patents will be covered over frand no need worry about this.
11. bayusuputra (Posts: 961; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
yeah, and standard design patent should not be granted at all..
16. biophone (Posts: 1910; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
I don't get how your comment relates to mine but ok. Whats a standard design patent anyway. Enlighten me.
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10434; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Those two products can burn in hell. Apple gets whatever happens to them in the future. They wanted thermonuclear war, well they just got it.
+1 for Android so far.
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10434; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I want to see taco's and gallito's reaction to this. :)
34. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
it woulnt happen.. so stop the nonsense,,so have fun fandroids it will never happen
35. ananya22 (Posts: 93; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
Why cant it happen? Apple has bribed the itc i guess. Thats what they do. You're so sure so you must know. And...................................... apple sucks
51. MISTER-H (banned) (Posts: 87; Member since: 28 May 2012)
Yes it will. You should worry. Apple the bribe patent steal.
59. wendygarett (unregistered)
you should be happy gallito... you will be the exclusive one who hold an iphone if iphone really banned... just like blackberry user... still in positive mind... at least you have experinced ios unlike other so just be positive :D
84. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
then u should stop YOUR non sense on how ANDROID copies. this isn't OS releated it's over tech related on 3G
102. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
who cares who copied who?... the iphone will never be banned in the U.S.. the iphone is the most used cell phone in the U.S the government will never allow it.. Apple is too powerful here and money talks.. ask Paris Hilton and every other celebrity that pass go and never reach jail
110. hepresearch (unregistered)
Yep, you all know it. Apple can buy their way into anything they want... +1 to gallito for the courage to admit that he knows it, too.
124. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Who cares who coped who... it's funny how you mentioned that. You should tell taco that.
111. LOLpple (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
LMAO, keep drinkin the kool aid, retard
114. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10434; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm guessing you didn't read the title of the article?
"Apple iPhone and iPad [[[could]]]] be banned in U.S. following ITC pent review"
10. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Smackdown? I hope Motorola wins this, so they can use it as leverage to get Apple to stop with their bulls**t attack.
17. biophone (Posts: 1910; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Sniggly your one of the few here that didn't make this a fanboy fight. You are are sick of lawsuits too like me but it appears most people just want to see there os win. The lawyers are the only real winners here.
20. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Agreed. I really would love to have everyone just make their devices the best they can without fear of litigation because of similarities in features.
22. biophone (Posts: 1910; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
The whole judical system is a mess and this goes beyond phones. Heck you can't do anything these days without being sued.
90. MartyK (Posts: 777; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
The Rockstars (Ms-Apple-Rim...etc) wanted it this way, so let the GREEN machine march all they way!.
12. Dj21o (Posts: 437; Member since: 19 May 2011)
I doubt this will happen. If it did, I wouldn't go back to Android. I love the quality of my apps, my battery life and iOS completely. I have tried all of the platforms and iOS is by far the best for me. If Android would step it up I'd reconsider, but damn I have never owned such a stable smartphone.
18. chadrick0814 (Posts: 208; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
If you use the words "I" and "me" 8 times in 5 sentences, then chances are you are expressing a personal opinion that reflects your individual experience. This makes it completely irrelevant to everyone else. We'd rather just wait for you to release your autobiography.
26. Dj21o (Posts: 437; Member since: 19 May 2011)
What do you mean "chances are?" Of course it is my personal experience. If you dont like it, don't comment on it gayboy.
37. chadrick0814 (Posts: 208; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
"Chances are " no one else cares. Not liking it was the point of commenting on it. "Gayboy" pretty much sums up your 3rd grade intellect and need to use ios rather an a more advanced os.
62. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I just got out of 7th grade and sadly, "gayboy" is still in my horrendous middle school vocabulary. Can I have your comeback skills?
77. Dj21o (Posts: 437; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Can I have the phone number to call your parents? Lol. Why are allof you so butthurt when someone makes a joke? But youre in eith grade, so you must be a step slower. No big deal. If i wanted to benserious on some amateur site I would be. I am in college, not middle school lol.
112. LOLpple (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
You're in college? With all the spelling and grammatical errors combined with you just plain making up words, you may want to look into a refund if that's how you were taught to communicate.
126. Dj21o (Posts: 437; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Sorry I'm typing on this s**tty Android. It is pretty impossible to type on a website without it lagging out all over the place lol. Better yet, I have a GSII, which has been out for almost a year now and already out of the game. Pffffff Apple FTW.
69. troutsy (Posts: 310; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
This will never happen. If it did, nobody would go to Android. Everyone loves the quality of Apple apps, iOS battery life and iOS completely. iOS is by far the best OS for everyone. If Android would step it up people would reconsider, but, damn, no smartphone is as stable as the iPhone.
With chadrick's suggestions, DJ's comment really kicks !#@$.....
71. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"New Study Claims iOS Apps Crash More Than Android Apps"
93. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
"Everyone" loves? nope not me therefore your statement is invalid
78. Dj21o (Posts: 437; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Wow way to be serious lol. iOS isnt going anywhere. People will continue to switch from Android to Apple. I see it every single day at my job. Everyone uses eachothers code, why not just make it legal and see who wins?
70. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"If you use the words "I" and "me" 8 times in 5 sentences, then chances are you are expressing a personal opinion that reflects your individual experience."
And it is wrong that person express his opinion?
98. deathyyy (Posts: 101; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
And you're doing... what? Stating facts about how YOU feel about Android? Then I guess your opinion on which OS you prefer is also completely irrelevant to everyone else ;)
25. netizen (Posts: 52; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
I'll just quote Steve Wozniack in reply:
"The people I recommend the iPhone 4S for are the ones who are already in the Mac world, because it's so compatible, and people who are just scared of computers altogether and don't want to use them," said Wozniak. "The iPhone is the least frightening thing. For that kind of person who is scared of complexity, well, here's a phone that is simple to use and does what you need it to do."
Wozniak noted that Android has more advantages if "you're willing to do the work to understand it a little bit."
Source daily tech
28. Dj21o (Posts: 437; Member since: 19 May 2011)
How about the phone works and doesnt die instantaneously?
29. netizen (Posts: 52; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Follow the link and read the interview with Woz, he address all the issues you mentioned.
For someone owning a large amount of Apple stock he seems to be very honest in his opinion of both phones
31. Dj21o (Posts: 437; Member since: 19 May 2011)
I don't see what his point has to do with the millions of people that own Apple product. That blows to see a phone that is so popular might be gone and a person on the side of Apple is badmouthing it. Thats like saying someone who works for Google adores Apple. Good article though.
33. netizen (Posts: 52; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
I didn't see it as badmouthing Apple. He was just pointing out his experiences with both phones. He never said a bad word about the iphone. He even said it was his primary phone and that he loved his iphone.
I seriously doubt the iphone will be "gone". As in the case of the Samsung Galaxy S 3, it was held up for a week or two until it was made compliant in the suit Apple brought against it.
Apple will find a quick work around to get the iphone back in just as Samsung was forced to do by Apple a month ago. But this patent war BS needs to stop...it's just hurting the consumer.
Steve jobs was obsessed with suing Android for some reason... this is the result of that obsession. If a company starts suing every Android device manufacturer then they are going to get sued back.
If you think about it, the iphone is easy to use and reliable BECAUSE it is so controlled. Everything is held strictly inside Apple's set limits. This makes for a very reliable device that is very limited.
For the majority of users who are not technically savy the iphone IS the right phone for them. That is probably about 85% of the smartphone market.
I have recommended the iphone to several people including my own daughter. It is the best phone for her.
Personally I like to customize my phone, and push the limits as to what it can do, so Android is the clear choice for me. I can deal with the issues that arrive from pushing those limits and enjoy being able to do things you can't on the more controlled phones. There is room in the market for both.
40. jroc74 (Posts: 5986; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Everybody doesnt have to be a fanboy of their own products or company.
The folks running Google have said many times the respected Jobs. They even went to him to be a part pf their team.
Its called an unbiased opinion....which sadly many dont seem to have.
54. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Hey 1st grade kid! Are you stupid? or you did'nt understand what Steve Wozniack said? hes being fair in his opinion, unlike you, u r just damn biased.....
76. Dj21o (Posts: 437; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Oh no a fifth grader lol. Im not scared of anyone and if my opinion pisses you off, you are most likely a child. Sorry bud go be hero somewhere else.