|Apple iPhone SE 16 GB||Apple iPhone SE 64 GB|
|Price||$399, free on a two-year contract, from $17 on 24-month installment plans||$499, free on a two-year contract, from $21 on 24-month installment plans|
|Release date||Preorders: March 24|
Release: March 31
|Country availability||March 31: Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Singapore, United Kingdom, United States|
Early April: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Guernsey, Jersey, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Kosovo, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Maldives, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey and UAE
|Available color options||Silver, Gold, Space Gray, Rose Gold|
Apple iPhone SE price, release date and country availability
1. tyrionTheWise (unregistered)
If it was 32 GB for 399$, it will be a crazy good phone. Now it's just a really powerful 4" device.
12. bassembm (Posts: 75; Member since: 27 Dec 2015)
are u serious look at those bezels man !!!
23. saif2711 (Posts: 69; Member since: 22 Feb 2016)
These bezels will beat your s7/edge combined sales in the upcoming quarter.see it by urself
33. leotrim (Posts: 21; Member since: 01 Oct 2014)
there are a lot people like u who will buy this because they know nothing and don't speak for S7 edge u can expect that screen on iphone 8 or 8s :D
59. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8939; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Who cares about sales? Sales only matter when an OEM actually does somethign with the money.
This phoen is basically a rounded iPhone 4/4S with the 5S look shared with a hint of the iPhone 6 models.
Apple still offering 16Gb is a joke. In fact any OEM offering 16GB for the money they make off these phones is a joke. At least Samsung uses 32Gb which I still also think is a joke, but isnt as bad as 16GB.
64GB should ebe the minimum.
27. S-R-K (banned) (Posts: 304; Member since: 15 Mar 2016)
Ugly huge bezels. Another epic fail.
48. leotrim (Posts: 21; Member since: 01 Oct 2014)
they should learn from samsung for screen to body ratios
66. Clars123 (Posts: 615; Member since: 16 Mar 2015)
I honestly dont understand when people talk about how the iPhone sells....it doesnt make it the better device..so what's your point?
13. Wiencon (Posts: 1818; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
You would be whining anyway, there is always a reason to bash iPhones
Who cares, it's easily operated in one hand, that's what matters, everybody loves 5s design, this phone is a winner for me
20. tyrionTheWise (unregistered)
I bash on every phone. There's always a reason to hate every phone
S7: poor speaker, camera processing is poor, storage not faster than S6, battery life not that good.
G5: useless modules, same camera as 2015, ugly, battery life will 'probably suffer'
16GB is archaic and 64 GB is overkill for me,
You can go to BGR if you want to hear only praises about iphone.
24. S-R-K (banned) (Posts: 304; Member since: 15 Mar 2016)
Bgr users all have 2 accounts to give apple the credits.
28. Wiencon (Posts: 1818; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
I don't really know that site, I only read macrumors and there is lots of Apple bashing but not like trolls here
16GB is a thing we could discuss for hours, few of my friends have 16gb phones, many LG G2 and it's enough for them, many iPhones 5 & 5s with 16gb and also no complaints
I know Apple sucks for not giving 32gb which would cost them 5$ but 64GB costs not so much more so you have a choice
31. tyrionTheWise (unregistered)
The thing is that 64 GB is overkill for me. It's about paying extra for something I don't need.
43. S-R-K (banned) (Posts: 304; Member since: 15 Mar 2016)
Thier are no trolls in here, but pure Apple haters. Because Apple gets away ripping and milking stupid people. Also they are the biggest patent trollers. Monopolistic pos.
38. leotrim (Posts: 21; Member since: 01 Oct 2014)
u have a complaint about best camera in smartphone ?! best display on market and 3000mAh battery that sounds good to me :P
46. tyrionTheWise (unregistered)
Best camera? LMAO. Nexus 6P crushes it in low-light despite not having OIS and the wide f/1.7 lens. The supposed low light camera gets crushed in low light. And daylight is shamefully bad on S7. S6 beats it comfortably. 6P crushes it here too.
I never said any thing about display.
mAh is nothing. Sd820 guzzles battery like crazy.
56. KONICHIWA-ANNYONG (Posts: 210; Member since: 24 Feb 2016)
"Nexus 6P crushes it in low-light despite not having OIS and the wide f/1.7 lens. The supposed low light camera gets crushed in low light."
You're joking right? Check out comparisons - it's not 'crushed', but it is usually beaten :/
You really have no idea do you... Otherwise, SOny would have been 'crushing' opponents since day 1. Yet they never have.
I am suspecting that you're simply a anti Samsung / LG fangirl.
39. Unordinary (Posts: 1284; Member since: 04 Nov 2015)
Androids subreddit speaks good things about Apple and their iPhone all the time lol. Its just this site who majorly thinks its the cool thing to eat breath and sleep iPhone hatred lol. As if thats gonna get you some poutang or something lmao.
61. Doakie (Posts: 1893; Member since: 06 May 2009)
WTF!!! The 16 GB Honor 5X is half the price of a 16 GB iPhone SE and people are impressed with the iPhone SE price tag.... SMH.....
62. tyrionTheWise (unregistered)
Processor my friend, processor.
Same specs doesn't mean the honor is as good as the SE. Things like screen quality, customer support, updates and ecosystem go a long way.
63. techperson211 (Posts: 1179; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
$399 without the tax and at 16 gb, there's a lot of flagship devices from last year that has the same price and can do more than just launch app. Even the z3 compact is way better than this not to mentione the z5 compact. Either way fruity fans will still buy this because of the logo.
47. aho13 (Posts: 97; Member since: 10 Sep 2014)
it is a step in the right direction , 490 Euros in europe is not that bad , although it is more than the price of a new samsung S6 or a note 4 with 5'7 Inch display .
I don't blame apple for the price but smartphones should be either expensive or cheap not at launch 490 and after 4 years 100 Euros , and it hurt even more when to know something like the phone costs apple or samsung maybe under 150 Euros .
64. techperson211 (Posts: 1179; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
At 16gb? Fair enough? If it's 32gb then that would be somewhat fair.
52. Jimrod (Posts: 1094; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
Anandtech say otherwise, 2GB -http://www.anandtech.com/show/
5. tunewar123 (Posts: 13; Member since: 17 Mar 2016)
I believe this phone will do well for the emerging market...
*Usually I'm pretty hyped about Apple events... however, I quite disappointed this time since they made little to no changes to the design... oh well...
8. promise7 (Posts: 871; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
I was disappointed they're using the same design as the 5s too, but the specs and pricing is very impressive.
10. Unordinary (Posts: 1284; Member since: 04 Nov 2015)
Likewise. I was pretty disappointed that it wasn't an exciting event, but what were we expecting from a random @$$ event in the middle of March lol, in their "minor" event room.
Still love the 5's design though. The best in my own opinion.
19. tunewar123 (Posts: 13; Member since: 17 Mar 2016)
I do agree 5s was their best design as well but if I was using a 5s, I wouldn't feel like there's much incentive changing it to a SE... The 5s itself is still a very capable phone...
29. Unordinary (Posts: 1284; Member since: 04 Nov 2015)
Totally agree. I think if they really wanted this thing to set records like every other iPhone, the iPhone Special Edition should have come with some stellar "special edition" colors. Maybe dark black + gold, etc. etc.
36. Unordinary (Posts: 1284; Member since: 04 Nov 2015)
Especially when they showed us they are extremely into recycling with that interesting new robot dude lol.
6. promise7 (Posts: 871; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
That's pretty impressive, I think they're going to sell very well. I'm not a fan of small phones, was hoping it would somehow impact the 6s/6s Plus pricing, but it looks like it won't.
7. Unordinary (Posts: 1284; Member since: 04 Nov 2015)
I love this. Top performance of a phone in a tiny body. Makes me wonder if the iPhone 7 September event will announce a 4 inch iPhone 7...
9. Arschsalat (banned) (Posts: 158; Member since: 29 Feb 2016)
wow iphone 5 with new specs.
21. S-R-K (banned) (Posts: 304; Member since: 15 Mar 2016)
I was wishing and hoping it came with 2gb Ram. But no. Fkof Apple. Epic fail. Though I hate Apple, but I really like the ip5 design. Small compact perfect. But huge let down by 1gb ram.
42. miket1737 (Posts: 2381; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
This is not even confirmed and your just talking out your rear, here is no information at all if the 5SE has 2GB of ram or not
53. Jimrod (Posts: 1094; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
2GB - why are people making up random bulls**t?
11. Tziggy14 (Posts: 442; Member since: 02 Sep 2014)
With this having 6S specs and camera for a midrange $399. Android will now slowly lose its stronghold in the that market segment containing a huge amount of its market share.
Good job Apple.
16. bucky (Posts: 2472; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I dont know about that seeing as how you can trade a can of pop for an android phone nowadays but this is definitely a phone for the masses.
34. Unordinary (Posts: 1284; Member since: 04 Nov 2015)
I don't think so honestly... There are many (hundreds of millions) people who buy phones less than $200.
$30.00 flip phones with Android on them for example. Its the lifeline to their market share. $30-$100 is AFFORDABLE. Not four hundred dollars.
65. elitewolverine (Posts: 5117; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
No. The average price of all those billion androids is 180bucks. And that is counting those millions of flagships.
14. amats69 (Posts: 1388; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
now i understand what is the SE means.. It is an Iphone 5S Evolution..honestly, what surpriced me a lot is the pricing of this product., it is not so apple..really... Fair price though
15. nodes (Posts: 681; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
well surprised Apple priced it right this time.
super fast 16GB storage, iPhone 6S specs, for $399?
30. Wiencon (Posts: 1818; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
Perfect design, if the price isn't too high in my country on launch I am going to be first to buy it
41. Hama22 (Posts: 36; Member since: 17 Jul 2015)
Well,if you're in the US and want a great "small" phone u have 2 choices,Xperia Z5 Compact which is 429.99$ from Amazon and this,I'm no Apple fan but I have to admit I wasn't expecting those specs and that price,BTW that ain't black that's freakin grey! But it's the best of the 4 colors anyway
44. miket1737 (Posts: 2381; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
Would of been good if they added OIS in it... The improved battery life is pretty nice and welcomed. A decent bump up from the 5S.
45. kefalin (Posts: 237; Member since: 08 Feb 2015)
I think SE means Smaller Edition. Nice phone tho,but 16GB base isnt very cool in 2016 and i would never bought that. Performance-wise i expect its more powerful than 6S,since its only HD
50. Modest_Moze (Posts: 112; Member since: 23 Mar 2015)
Wait, wait, wait... What does SE mean? SONY ERICSSON?
54. MrElectrifyer (Posts: 2366; Member since: 21 Oct 2014)
Wow, that's a pretty decent price coming from apple. Can't wait to see the tear down, benchmarks and reviews. I'm expecting to see a lot of corners being cut, this is looking too generous to be coming from a brand that's synonymous with inferior and overpriced.