Apple iPhone 6s Plus vs LG V10: quick blind camera comparison
4. Victor.H (Posts: 658; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Sorry, guys, some issues with the polls! They are all working now!
11. bur60 (Posts: 848; Member since: 07 Jul 2014)
Really like how it works now with the sliders! Great job
31. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
good job Victor... nice tool for the comparison
39. neops (Posts: 286; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
Zoom to actual pixels is missing. Somone can definitly tell whitch phone is from those photos because of the different hue in them. Yellowish vs blueish
16. kabiluddin (Posts: 195; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
Good job with the sliders Victor and PA.
2. redmd (Posts: 1268; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
The V10 really excels in low light. But the review score is 7/10. Why PA?
5. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 12999; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
They're too generous. The V10 is a terrible phone.
9. aladab (Posts: 12; Member since: 12 Oct 2015)
I have a V10 and its an excellent phone, have you used one??
23. sgodsell (Posts: 3637; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Mxyzptlk is a known troll. He cuts up all Android devices, and then he will praise Apple. So don't take anything he states as the truth. We all know the V10 has a superior camera and audio recording compared to anything Apple currently has to offer.
26. rsiders (Posts: 913; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Lol really. Producing images like this? Cool if you think so. The V10 is a beast. If you have time It's untouchable.
24. may_czos (Posts: 736; Member since: 22 Nov 2014)
Size, poor display calibration, LG UI, poor battery life.
29. ph00ny (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Not sure what i should pick
High saturation and more detail
Neutral colors and less detail
3. FluffyBled (Posts: 514; Member since: 10 Sep 2014)
This could be anything but blind! It's easy to tell the difference between a 12 and 16 MP camera!
P.S. Cannot vote from #3 to #11!
6. ibend (Posts: 4596; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
wide Field of view = V10
small Field of view = the other phone
8. AizenMne (Posts: 13; Member since: 22 May 2014)
Meh, PA is such a fanboy of Apple and Samsung. I own the V10 and a Note 4, my gf owns an iPhone 6S and there simply no way that pictures come out so badly on the V10 as they are here. Apple's camera is just ok compared to them. They either fiddle with the manual mode on the V10 to make it crap. There was once a poll when the G4 just came out and it obliterated the others but the poll mysteriously vanished. :D I think PA takes money from certain OEM's to make their products better which is pathetic.
14. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
The V10 pics are winning. What are you talking about?
21. marorun (Posts: 3580; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Most of V10 pic are clear winner ( bigger field of view give the hint wich one are V10) on the other hand in some picture i liked the Apple result better. Its might be because they did something to fake the test but both camera work differently so its may just be thats in some case.
28. Macready (Posts: 952; Member since: 08 Dec 2014)
Not in the daylight pics. The yellow cast in those, clearly gives away the iPhone, but those seem to be largely favored of the V10 daylight pics.
19. chenski (Posts: 409; Member since: 22 Mar 2015)
Dont listen to other people. V10's camera is better than note 5
12. legiloca (Posts: 1387; Member since: 11 Nov 2014)
LG gets the and detail sharpness, Apple gets the colors and dynamic range
15. abeauchamp (Posts: 24; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I have a LG V10 and it take better picture than any other phone that I have see or use.
17. celinedion (Posts: 44; Member since: 19 Jan 2016)
Lg's photo tend to be a little in purpose. Since their display naturally are cold, with great capabilities in showing more red, green, yellow. It has wider POV. Better dynamic range and contrast at the same time. Noise is handled better, in fact the best one in low light. The compression can be stronger sometimes.
18. dragonfly (Posts: 3; Member since: 29 Jan 2016)
It is an unusual move from PhoneArena to show Apple in "a bad light".
V10 in cameras category plays in different league.
the slider is realy nice tool - well done PA
20. celinedion (Posts: 44; Member since: 19 Jan 2016)
PA is played a lot now from lg. Let's see g5 review....
22. natypes (Posts: 1093; Member since: 02 Feb 2015)
I'm no photography expert, but on most of these one of the pictures is horrible. Is it white balance or something?
36. Plutonium239 (Posts: 1048; Member since: 17 Mar 2015)
No, its just the iphone camera struggles to focus well.
27. rsiders (Posts: 913; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
But PhoneArena hasn't done one single comparison with Microsoft's new flagships or have I missed it?
37. Plutonium239 (Posts: 1048; Member since: 17 Mar 2015)
The Lumia 950 and 950 XL have an even better camera...
32. MrElectrifyer (Posts: 2971; Member since: 21 Oct 2014)
That was somewhat way too easy to tell apart, thanks to the awesome new sliders. Very well done on that idea PhoneArena. A, C, F, G, J, L and P all look much better than their counterpart...wonder which phone that is.
N is slightly overblown but M makes the walk-way look too dark...I'll go with N.
Q and T are overblown but R and S make seeing the labels and other information more difficult...I'll go with Q and T.
As for the selfie, 1 gives more focus and clarity of the subject.
33. VVayne (Posts: 90; Member since: 01 Oct 2015)
Next time please remove the exif. I have a chrome plugin that show exif information of the picture including GPS location.
I prefer iPhone for consistent results and more gentle exposure.
34. LetThereBeLight (Posts: 80; Member since: 20 Nov 2014)
In picture "O" there are lens flare light lines caused by finger print wax on the lens cover glass I guess or am I wrong? Should be cleaned for test...
40. Victor.H (Posts: 658; Member since: 27 May 2011)
All lenses have been thoroughly cleaned before shooting.
35. Astoni (Posts: 649; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
its actually very easy to see who's the iphone 6s and the v10.. the thing is, v10's pics has more detail, but is overexposed with colour and warmth. While Iphone has the more natural colour for once..
V10 takes the quality while iphone wins at colour..
42. Astoni (Posts: 649; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Yes colour is part of the quality. but Details and depth detail takes part aswell, colours can be adjusted.
41. Droids-R-us (Posts: 33; Member since: 17 Sep 2012)
This is nearly impossible, both are very good but where one has a very slightly sharper image RGB is not quite as faithful and vice versa. I would go for the one with the slightly sharper image as the most important photos are taken during daylight (For me anyway) but there is almost nothing in it. Basically one looks better than the other at first glance but in close detail you can see detail not quite as good, does this matter to most people?? Don't know but it does to me :)
43. Sajjads (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Feb 2016)
Why phoneArena not publishing result?? Your delay cannot let apple win this poll....so be brave and post the result
44. AizenMne (Posts: 13; Member since: 22 May 2014)
Because PA is prone to Samsung and iPhone and not to LG. ;)
45. Sajjads (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Feb 2016)
Today is 05th Mar, 2016 and PA hasnt yet published the results........havent seen so much biased site than phonearena.....kindly rename site to iphonearena or samsungarena...
47. blingblingthing (Posts: 529; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Phone area, where are the results?