Apple iPhone 6 to feature NFC connectivity and wireless charging
0. phoneArena 06 Jun 2014, 19:44 posted on
A source close to the Apple iPhone 6 says that the device is going to have NFC connectivity when launched. In addition, the iPhone 6 will offer wireless charging, improved antennas and a larger screen. The NFC connectivity will allow the iPhone to be used for mobile payments. Apple could join the Isis mobile payments system co-owned by Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ThePython (Posts: 895; Member since: 08 May 2013)
Brace yourselves. "Apple is a copycat" posts are coming.
2. express77 (unregistered)
I would say, "Be ready to pay 100$s more."
35. sgodsell (Posts: 3750; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
They had to put NFC in there smart phones, considering they are the only smartphone OEM left who didn't offer NFC.
I also heard rumors of 2gb of ram.
55. Finalflash (Posts: 3130; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
They aren't, these are just rumors based on nothing but dreams. Any NFC in the phone would have apis or mention of some kind in the iOS 8 (and people are already sifting through that). Until that comes out there is no NFC most likely. Wireless charging is kind of garbage right now so that really doesn't matter anyway. Until they get true wireless charging like A4WP style stuff, there is no need to have any wireless charging at all. Plus I don't think Qi works through metal so that's out.
64. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Any NFC in the phone would have apis or mention of some kind in the iOS 8..."
111. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
I smell a infc lawsuit in the near future.
14. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Brace yourselves when you hear the price of both model iPhones....
32. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
Brace yourselves when you hear for how much you can sell your used iPhone.
42. darkkjedii (Posts: 21733; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well said, some fandroids don't realize iPhones are the most valuable phones, and have the highest resale value. #14 is notorious for his lack of knowledge.
50. chocowii (Posts: 451; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
There are more iPhones being sold second hand than Galaxies and Xperias combined. Guess who made the wrong decision to buy a useless phone?
56. Finalflash (Posts: 3130; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Guess who made the wrong decision??? The people trying to sell their phone, which you claim is the iPhone mainly. Really though I can understand where you are coming from. It is really important to be able to sell that iPhone once you have it because that is all you will want to do after using it. Then you can buy a cheaper second hand Galaxy or Xperia....and not resell it.
69. Sauce (unregistered)
Every time a new iPhone comes out, I sell my current one for X amount and use that money to buy a new phone, only spending 100 bucks out of my own pocket.
72. darkkjedii (Posts: 21733; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude, no matter what you say, these simple close minded fandroids will counter it for arguments sake. It is known worldwide, on all 3rd party sites, and stores that iPhones are more valuable, and have higher resale/trade in value. When I got my 5s, AT&T was gonna let me trade in my 5 for $336, but I sold it on Craigslist for $420. Coulda got $450, but someone had cash rite on the spot. They know what phones are the most valuable, and can simply google it, but would rather argue than face fact. Piss these fools off Sauce, they deserve to be poked and prodded.
107. Finalflash (Posts: 3130; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Well yea, antiques have quite a bit of value. For about $200 dollars plus your old antique iPhone 5, you can get the cutting edge of 2010 (iPhone 5s). This year though is the real treat, you can actually get to the cutting edge features of 2012 for only $200 plus your iPhone 5s.
89. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
IPhones hold values due to Apple with their egoistic
When carriers and shop outlets sells iPhone no one makes profit except Apple greedy slums make over 200% profit
Never herd of a tech company making billions of profit selling overpriced POS subpar mediocre feature phone device along with it's halfbaked platform till io7 copying Android, and know fully ripped of from KitKats features
Wtf holy Christmas Apple just milked out millions in profit just by cracked screen, holy moly cow made millions milking iZombies just for cracked screen. Lmfao dimwits
113. quakan (Posts: 1374; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
In order to resell a device it means there is a high second-hand demand for it. That strong demand translates to high resale value. Galaxies do alright in the second-hand market, but Xperias...well I'm sure you can turn it into a recycling program or find a nice drawer to put it in.
53. techperson211 (Posts: 1234; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Maybe in your country apple is worship as a god. But here in Asia we don't care if it has an apple logo. All the choices are here . All smartphones not to mentioned smart buyers .
76. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
We'll see how they hold up once a bigger screened version is out.
I suspect they lose value faster then previous models did.
52. techperson211 (Posts: 1234; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
$850 for 16gb and $950 for 32gb and the only thing they add is NFC and .7 inch of screen and a wireless charging . Wow so revolutionary. Wow so apple.
124. OldNorseBruin (Posts: 232; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
EXACTLY. NFC, Wireless charging, 4.7 & 5.5 Inch Screens: Great specs on LAST year's Android Flagship phones that are still Great; but Android phones that you can buy now for about $300... AND the iCHUMPS are drooling for the chance to be "wallet-raped" for these SAME specs for $900+...
20. jroc74 (Posts: 6014; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
No, you meant to say
29. vincelongman (Posts: 4522; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Wireless charging on iPhone?
Qi wireless charging is incompatible with metal phones
So brace ourselves for plastic iPhone 6?
49. chocowii (Posts: 451; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Who said theyll be using Qi? Of course they'll be using their own
65. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
LOL! Do you know any other inductive wireless charging?
116. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3725; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
You are clearly not aware that there are many wireless charging standards. Qi does not stand alone.
120. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
True! And that's why I didn't asked him if he knows any other standard. I was talking about principle using which electromagnetic power is transferred.
59. muhsen (Posts: 281; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
Lumia 930 and 925 r metal phones and have Qi wireless charging.
60. vincelongman (Posts: 4522; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
The 930 and 925 both have plastic backs, so that's why they are compatible
110. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Welcome to 2010 Ifans.
3. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I hear when the Apple iPhone 6 is charging, it will hover a small distance over the charging pad and a soft white light will illuminate the area below the phone.
When it's done charging, the iPhone will make a cute little "landing" sound, like a small spaceship in a cartoon, gently settle down on the charging pad, and then turn the hover/charge light off.