Apple iPhone 6 to feature 13MP rear camera?
0. phoneArena 17 Jul 2014, 13:04 posted on
If a report published on Thursday is true, the rear camera on the Apple iPhone 6 will feature a 13MP Sony Exmor IMX220 sensor. The Sony Xperia Z3 is said to be outfitted with a 20MP version of the same part . Besides containing a 1/2.3″ sensor, the Sony Exmor IMX220 also would allow iPhone 6 users to take 1080p video in 3840 x 1080...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
It's using the 2nd best sensors from Sony
The top of the range costs $30
This Ip6 and Note4 will be a superb combo to own both
3. ihavenoname (Posts: 1670; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
2nd best smartphone camera sensor or camera sensor overall?
16. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I think you mean 2nd best smartphone camera sensor. Sony have far better dedicated camera sensors that are too large to fit in a smartphone, but fit quite nicely in a camera.
9. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
And I thought Apple said they weren't going to jump to 13mp or higher just sticking to 8mp
31. darkkjedii (Posts: 17578; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
He's blowing hot air as usual, apple would never say that. They would just do it. He won't supply a link bro.
39. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
y do i need to post spam for?
26. Doakie (Posts: 1759; Member since: 06 May 2009)
They also said 3.5" was the best screen size for one handed use, then they said the same thing about 4.0", now a couple years later they're going bigger to chase more marketshare. Don't forget they also said that a 7" tablet didn't have a place then they made the iPad Mini a couple years later. They say all sorts of stuff then end up following in the footsteps of the other flagships. They have to or they'll be sitting still too long that they're mindshare will suffer.
Not to mention that most of these denials that they'll progress in specs is because they're trying to protect their current product from obsolescence before their next product is already out. Try to take what they say with a grain of salt because most of it is marketing spin....... They'll say something is pointless, then next generation they'll actually release a product that is competitive with the previous generation of competitors flagships, but they'll spin it that they did it better. But of course yours is better it has had a whole year in the oven more than your competitors....... They're trying to mind control you into thinking something isn't important until their product with such features is ready for you to buy.
32. darkkjedii (Posts: 17578; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Man shutup, you sound like a little biznitch. Who cares.
34. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Why would it bother you?
Cause your a big Apple fanboy.
35. nithyakr (Posts: 81; Member since: 20 Jun 2014)
Before Apple, Samsung, LG thought the perfect phone was a 2 inch screen with a useless plastic number pad.
After Apple everybody jumped on the "big touch screen without numpad" wagon.
Grow up. Industry changes. Whats perfect yesterday might not be perfect today.
Without Apple you still would have phones with cheap plastic numpads and 2" screens.
11. CheckThisOut2k (Posts: 48; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
By then, the G3 will not be heard of unless they make a prime version.
12. Ghost04 (Posts: 246; Member since: 03 May 2014)
Which one is the best sensor in the industry ???
22. Damo579 (Posts: 242; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Zeiss has the best optics, but for phone Zeiss only puts their lenses in Nokia phones.
24. Ashoaib (Posts: 3014; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
thats an obvious choice, 8mp is in iphone from quite long and its time to move ahead
4. iZman48 (Posts: 8; Member since: 17 Jul 2014)
That is awesome every rumor makes me want to buy this phone more and more. I hope its true
17. Finalflash (Posts: 2452; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
You kind of have to look at the bigger picture here. Once again, we have news of a larger iPhone, with more RAM, sapphire display, 13 MP camera and god knows what else. This is just like last year when they thought the iPhone would be larger, have a holographic display, and cure cancer. This is so tiring year after year, they just keep making up more BS. It isn't going to have even half of that stuff and is probably only going to be larger in size.
7. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Apple would never outdo itself like that...
8. Jinto (Posts: 420; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
Yeah, and the iPhone 6 will have an octa-core processor with a 2k screen
honestly, these rumors are tiring
10. CheckThisOut2k (Posts: 48; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
two decades later the iPhone will have something the Android had along time ago!
13. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Does it matter? The iPhone still took better photos than most of those with the higher pixel count. Pixel count isn't everything..
18. gabrielvoica (Posts: 65; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
really?i suppose u get better detail from an 8mpx sensor than from a 41mpx sensor like on the Lumia 1020...right?
23. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
And here is why those turn out good. It has a HUGE SENSOR for a phone.
14. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
f/1.8 wow thats very good very good
19. blackberry_Boy (Posts: 208; Member since: 27 May 2014)
Nice now hurry up and launch the phone
21. PhoneCritic (Posts: 510; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Iphone 5S takes great pictures but I would not say it beats the S5 in picture taking. Look at all the camera comparisons here and on most sites and the S5 comes out on top of the 5S. Its 8 MP vs 16 MP now the Nokia 1020 is in a league of its self in my opinion. I currently have a Htc m7 and the ultra Camera falls falt. was hoping the M8 moved to at least a 8 or 10 ultra camera which could have been on par with the 5S but Peter Cho and company let me down ( instead putting a 5 MP camera on the front and the same ultra camera form the m7 as the primary). Any how I see it as Apple playing catch up as usual.
28. bucky (Posts: 2220; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I just want even better low light capability and slightly larger pixel count for zooming in.
My 5s already takes incredible pics in almost all conditions but improvements are always welcome.
29. twens (Posts: 863; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
I mean are apple lovers plain stupid or what? When was the lady time iPhone came close to 2 on a camera comparison on any tech site? Most flagships cameras have better pictures than the iPhone. Everyone knows that. Only the Icows refuse to see that.
40. bucky (Posts: 2220; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Hate all you want, but the iPhone continues to have one of the best overall cameras out there. Coupled with great software and editing tools and it's outstanding.
30. needa (Posts: 205; Member since: 30 Jun 2014)
so this is an updated version of the imx214 that is in the oneplus. it is going to take some bangin' pics.
33. alexvv (Posts: 151; Member since: 16 Oct 2013)
no apple fan here but iphone 5s has probably the best 8mp camera and they show great dedication on delivering good performing cameras. if they can compete with 13 - 20 mp sensors, with bigger size and aperture i think a 10-13mp fitted on an iphone 6, using one of sony's best mobile sensors with a f/1.8 aperture and electrical stabilization (these are the rumors so far) it will be seriously good. of course no best cameraphone gives you sooo little things to tweak (apple only lets you toggle flash and hdr on/off and that's it) but that's another story.
36. SIGPRO (Posts: 1004; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Still it wil not beat the Nokia Lumia 1020!
37. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
doesnt care if it will beat 1020 or what it will be good device thats what matters
38. karamelakimo (Posts: 109; Member since: 26 May 2014)
So my 2 best companies in one phone
I always think that sony's cameras are the best