Apple iPhone 6 concept video: 4.5 inch screen, no home button
0. phoneArena 14 Apr 2013, 18:38 posted on
Designer Ran Avni has released a video showing off his concept of what the Apple iPhone 6 should look like based on what he sees as the next iteration of the Cupertino company's iconic smartphone; Avni has kept the same design from the Apple iPhone 5 but has stretched the screen to 4.5 inches and has it available in black or aluminum...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 9349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
With hopefully a few surprises thrown in.
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 9349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Biophone what are your realistic expectations for iOS this year?
101. biophone (Posts: 1884; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
O man thats hard.
I think the biggest think we are getting is nfc and widgets. Passbook seems to be a gateway to nfc. Widgets are on the mac so why not the iPhone? Plus some more minor improvements. What do you think?
109. darkkjedii (Posts: 9349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I think those things, plus more improvements in notifications, camera, and I'd like an app drawer
110. biophone (Posts: 1884; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Improvements are a given but its an obstacle to deliver on new features and still maintain excellent battery life. Apple has a tough juggling act to maintain. Really like the app drawer idea however the main page is kinda serving as that right now. Ive's new ios has supposedly had great reviews from people whom saw it. If they change enough an app drawer is a real possibility.
11. Birds (Posts: 927; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
The issue is not the design in this video. It is poor space management of the screen. The presentation wold have looked much better if they put more rows, and apps on the screen rather than that huge ugly cartoony iOS 6.whatever. Not only that but I don't like the small bezel. It's nice but the bezel needs tapering along the edges. To be honest, the design is very nice apart from the bezel, which I would have prefered to be longer on the top and bottom, to be about 4.8 inches tall, like the iphone 5.
Thumbs me down iOS fanboys. This is my opinion. Vie not to respect it..... :)
15. -MISTER.H- (banned) (Posts: 24; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
Looks much better than iP5. With less bezels•
18. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5664; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Please like the iphone will grow too a 4.5"? Thats so 2012. Its 2013 all phones have 5"phone size screens n the iphone will never grow up too 4.5 or 4.8".
24. darkkjedii (Posts: 9349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Who are you trying to convince, us or yourself?
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 9349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I big time looking forward to WWDC 2013, and ios7. I'm not so sure if the hardware will change, as S models look like their predecessors. I'm pretty sure there'll be a 5S this year, I wonder if the math/plus model will come to fruition?
25. bubbadoes (Posts: 315; Member since: 03 May 2012)
And same ole static 6 rows of static icons.
27. bubbadoes (Posts: 315; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I guess Apple dares to make this phone complicated for any granny/grandpa or teen to use
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 9349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Last I heard granny/grandpa and teens all spend money, and isn't that what all these companies are after. In big business they don't care who does the spending, as long as they're spending. You are aware of that rite?
41. darkkjedii (Posts: 9349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Don't be mad bro I'll rub you tummy LMAOOOOO
46. -MISTER.H- (banned) (Posts: 24; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
Please go away you big huge troll.
Stop causing a flame war!
You're just like Wendygarret.
Stop hating and being a troll!
Now please go away now!
48. Aeires (unregistered)
There's plenty of trolls on this site but Dark isn't one of them. Hard to call someone a troll that uses iOS and Android equally.
51. -MISTER.H- (banned) (Posts: 24; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
But I remember him, he use to troll Android articles couple of months ago: hes a big Apple fanboy, which runs on his blood. He was banned so many times by PA, since he use to come back posting with his aka sithvinger acount. Trolling all articles. He was banned few weeks ago for trolling and now he is back to his usual routine.
Once a troll always a troll.
59. darkkjedii (Posts: 9349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I've never been a troll always a techie, but I won't ever conform. I love iOS android. And wp8 for that matter... I'm having good clean fun with you on the site tonite, and I hope you take it that way mr H. But this is me being serious... I do not troll I do not bash disrespect, or insult people for choosing android. I challenge you to find one article where I have. If you find it please paste the link so everyone can see it..,don't just type what you say I said, actually paste the link to the article to show that I troll, and bash disrespect, and insult android users......I'm waiting.
61. -MISTER.H- (banned) (Posts: 24; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
PhoneArena banneded you 2 weeks ago for trolling on Android and Samsung and causing flamewars and arguing, also posting and going off-topic.
63. darkkjedii (Posts: 9349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I got into it with a PA user but it was personal with him, and I. It wasn't for trolling android cuz that's something I don't do. Get the facts rite bro
67. -MISTER.H- (banned) (Posts: 24; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
Thats right, you don't like and hate PhoneArenaUser!
72. darkkjedii (Posts: 9349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I don't harbor hatred towards people under any circumstance. Phonearenauser along with droiddoes are simply people I prefer not to chat with. But do I hate them..,absolutely not.
52. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4650; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Hard to call someone a troll that uses iOS and Android equally."
58. -MISTER.H- (banned) (Posts: 24; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
He is just like wendgarret. One week he likes Android, the other week he trolls android!!!!
64. darkkjedii (Posts: 9349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No he likes android period and he likes iOS period and he likes wp8 period. And he ownes android and iOS period and he bought the 8x for his fiancé period. So really I have all 3 to chill out with and enjoy.
55. darkkjedii (Posts: 9349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well said Aeires I'm the furthest thing from a troll. I'm a techie and a huge lover of iOS and android. But since I speak my mind and don't cave in to the in crowd thing I'm labeled a troll. It's ok this troll will be getting the s4 and the next iPhone if its my liking and still won't hold my tongue
60. -MISTER.H- (banned) (Posts: 24; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
Please stop lieing to your self!!!"
I've, I use to read your posts back months ago, and on every article no matter what you use to say it gets thumbed down. And still its the same now, look at all you're posts! Its all painted in "RED"
65. darkkjedii (Posts: 9349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I don't care about thumb downs. That goes along with speaking your mind so in actuality it's an honor to get red thumbs. I see I've really upset you so ill apologize and say goodnite to you mr H.
71. -MISTER.H- (banned) (Posts: 24; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
My GOD look at the size of you? Looks like that's you on the avatar, you're big and huge and looks very scary!
So you're living upto you avatar and you're size, trolling on Android and now on Samsung users. You very bad big troll!!!!!!!
76. darkkjedii (Posts: 9349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You did misspell lying. You spelled it lieing. As for the personal insults...good night Mr. H
80. -MISTER.H- (banned) (Posts: 24; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
Cause you've posted a poem on samsung and called Apple users baba, which stands for baaaaa mbaaaaaa. See your a 2sided troll just like wendy.
You even made up a poem on samsung saying to buy a samsung
50. darkkjedii (Posts: 9349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Awww the baby's still mad. Want your binky winky
57. Whateverman (Posts: 3162; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Not bad, but I kinda reminds me of a Galaxy S2.
73. GrmanR (Posts: 41; Member since: 09 Apr 2013)
Good, but iOS can't work without the home button
77. milesboy5 (Posts: 126; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
They could use an on screen home button like some of the android phones do...but I agree for most people who have come to learn the full functionality of the home button for an iPhone, no home button would be a dumb move.
81. nlbates66 (Posts: 207; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
oh here it comes, here we go.
all apple has to do is release a phone like this with no button on the front, patent it (no physical buttons on the front) and then sue everyone for it asif such a thing had never ever been done before.
82. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 4852; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Finally! No home screen button! And Apple needs to redesign the iOS, so we can move foward to the main thing and that's the comeback of Apple's iPhone!
88. elsupercaico (Posts: 9; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Now thats what Im talking about! I would LOVE to see this new design in the next iphone :p and with the new update coming soon to iOS this should be good enough to give it a new refreshed look to get back in the game against Android :)
91. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
No the 5s will be a 5 with a better cpu/gpu and 1 feature copied from android (this time Nfc) Apple will not doba screen update twice in a row, their too "innovative" to need.to.innovate.
93. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
here we go again the most clueless of samsung fanboy nokia 6131 is the first mobile phone with NFC feature not android, and in 2004 Nokia, Philips and Sony established the Near Field Communication (NFC) Forum
next time when you want to troll just please be smarter!!!
97. martinlosha (unregistered)
If apple makes a big screen iphone I will never buy a Android phone again.
100. paulislegend (Posts: 38; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
they will never be able to go without the home button.... they've patented themself into a corner.