Apple iPhone 6 concept changes from phone to phablet to tablet using flexible screen
0. phoneArena 24 Jul 2013, 22:41 posted on
One of the complaints we hear about concept versions of upcoming phones is that because they are not based on actual technology, anything can be possible; that is the situation with the concept version of the Apple iPhone 6 produced by designer Pritesh Chavan. His concept version of the Apple iPhone 6 uses a flexible screen to transform a 4.2 inch iPhone into a 5.8 inch phablet and a 7.5 inch tablet...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ebubekir26 (Posts: 312; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
don't expect this till 2015,
"from phone to phablet to tablet"?
it's just a fan concept. too much fanboyism can cause over exaggeration.
2. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 140; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Either way, having an actual screen on the front and back, haha try not to break that. I'll stick to just phablets.
4. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Flexible screens are unbreakable unless you actually try to break it..
15. dilse (Posts: 25; Member since: 24 Aug 2012)
1 device(tablet+phablet+tablet)= Addition of 3 prices
cant be a affordable one...apple
26. DonkeySauce (Posts: 174; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
Why would you want that when you could get a Kyocera Echo?
5. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
This is a fan made concept, Samsung was actually showcasing it as a possible device in the near future.
6. GrmanR (Posts: 41; Member since: 09 Apr 2013)
I love seeing this stupid concepts of phone tablets and holo keyboards and transparent iphones and stuff not only impossible but no one really cares
7. speckledapple (Posts: 887; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
I wouldn't expect this from Apple at all. They tend to not learn towards things this forward thinking. You would most likely see this on an Android first.
9. persikon (Posts: 29; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Sorry old news. Japan did it! Google: NEC Medias W.
10. Danishs (Posts: 147; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Why do they even post this? You know this far fetched concept will never be reality
11. moronman66 (Posts: 160; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
I've seen a lot of concept renders, and in my honest opinion, that thing is Butt. Ugly. No other words can describe it. Does anyone else recall the LG Optimus Vu? That must be where this originates from. Just... No.
12. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Apple 2017 after everyone else did it first
13. darkvadervip (Posts: 358; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Well I'm going to say it! I'm not interested in a flexible screen. People already talk, text, & drive so imagine where I'm going with it. Plus I rather have something with some weight in my pocket. People will be filing claims all day on lost and stolen flexible phone-tablet whatever you call them. I can see see if apple does a transparent phone you can see both front and back and maybe a phone you can do FaceTime in 3d while talking to someone. That's what I want the next level phone to be like.
18. toystore (Posts: 16; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
LOL, people think that apple is getting advace techonology from god becouse Steve is there.
19. supermikey12 (Posts: 2; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
Phone Arena, you're quickly becoming my least favorite website with useless articles like these.
27. Hallucinator (Posts: 344; Member since: 24 May 2010)
Go away then. If you don't like the articles, no one is forcing you to come here.
20. nothingmuch (Posts: 184; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Samsung YOUM??? I see another court battle commmmming!!!! Of course after Apple patents this as there IDEA, but we all know the truth what Apple is on this sorta stuff. I think they're desperate to get back in the game, 1st with android type feel now flex screen phablets I mean c'monnnn really, what they gonna do next '8 cores'. Apple kept it simple for a reason for customer ease and usability, but when they actually do this folding phone concept for real, I see alot of people changine over to their rivals cause bassically we all know that there will be alot more functionality from an andriod or Windows device with similar attributes. Imagine the software that Apple would have to rewrite just to open to tablet mode just for this model. Apple can't make a 5" phone just because the icons won't fit right on the screen, what makes them think that this idea will work?
I think that Apple is pushing out this concept to patent it and screw other developers from even trying the idea so that Apple won't be truly left behind. Just my thought on this!
21. frydaexiii (Posts: 1314; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Why do all these concepts only show for the iPhone? Oh right, because with Android, it's called a possibility in coming years (or even months), not a concept.
22. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3377; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
That's cool! I commented this type of thing in my specs sheet once.
23. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
It's sad how the creator knows that iOS will never get widgets.
Even in the future, iOS will always have boring rows of icons.
25. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Samsung already showcased this as a possibility, it was a book type thing with a screen on the front, and you could fold it open to get a small sized tablet screen inside, obviously it wasnt a real working model but the fact that samsung thought of it shows this will not be an apple exclusive thing. Not to mention samsungs concept could actually work, I'm just not seeing how this thing can be stretched out without any seems on the body.
28. janjhel1907 (Posts: 12; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
its like creating a perfect iphone 5, with just one finger,
29. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Call me when this is a concept from an Apple engineer's project. Until then... meh.
30. cheetah2k (Posts: 1040; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Don't blow your load just yet.. You'll be waiting till 2020+ for this..
31. Xolar (Posts: 57; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
Ugliest thing happened to iPhone since iPhone