Apple iPhone 5s was the top selling smartphone in the U.S. last month
0. phoneArena 05 Oct 2013, 12:09 posted on
For those who figured that the mid-range Apple iPhone 5c would cannibalize sales of the Apple iPhone 5s, guess again; the new full-featured version of the iPhone managed to lead all four major U.S. carriers in smartphone sales for the month of September even though the phone didn't launch until September 20th. Over the opening weekend, Apple said it sold 9 million units of the two new iPhone iterations...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
84. darkkjedii (Posts: 7802; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Nahhh DJ, just a long time Yankees fan. Vegas has no pro teams, so I grew up Yankees Steelers Wolverines forever.
90. Derekjeter (Posts: 88; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Yankees,Jets, Knicks, No college team just love watching the SEC make every other conference look like a joke.
120. darkkjedii (Posts: 7802; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
SEC is the bomb dude. I'm so loyal to Michigan though I can never leave. Plus with the Yankees, and steelers blowing this year, their all I have lol.
82. PAPINYC (Posts: 1834; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
"Let see"??? Actually it's, let's (let us) see, married but chick looks like a dude and, if you're still calling her a chick, go back to the hen house and get your money back. 17 years driving at 10 mph and asking people, "would you likes' a transfer?" You're not "fit", you're thick and retaining water like a pregnant whale. Somebody lied to you when they told you you's handsome cuz' you look like Wanda from In Living Color (without the wig). The only saving grace is your son; hope he doesn't follow in your footsteps cuz' 'a mind is a terrible thing to waste'!!
85. darkkjedii (Posts: 7802; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
LMAOOOOO good ones +1 dude. That was funny.
87. darkkjedii (Posts: 7802; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'm still rollin tears are leaking like a faucet.
103. darkkjedii (Posts: 7802; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude seriously that Wanda crack had me rollin. I was YouTubing that the other day, looking for homie the clown. Jamie fox is tight. I guess when it comes to handsome though, I've been lied to an awful lot.
114. PAPINYC (Posts: 1834; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Finally, I've broken through. Listen, I don't rag on ugly people, I only rag on ugly people who say they're pretty. And, as for Homie the Clown, "homey don't play dat'!!"
My favorite was Ms. Bonita - go Youtube her (aka Kim Wayans).
P.S. Homey was 2nd or 3rd or 4th Seasons, after that the show got vanilla.
59. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
That's what he does with every Apple user, tries to incline with them. For God sake Dark you have a wife! This is not a dating website... Take control of tour self Dark! Yes Biophone is another if an Apple user! Surely Dark is trying to be friends with iFans in here. I remember he was getting close with Lyndon420, but he called him burnet toast, he was in the oven for to long that was funny though. Now their kinda OK, get along. But he's having a beef with PhoneArenaUser now. I wonder whose next or gonna be his friend, I mean iFriend™
66. darkkjedii (Posts: 7802; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Troll iLove your iJealousy. Normally I wouldn't even bother with you, but this is just to enjoyable to pass up. Do me a favor, keep trying to get papi in on it. Both of you together...mannnnnnn!
91. PAPINYC (Posts: 1834; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Oh, now I get it, so you and the hubby met on PhoneArena? Congratulations man, I know that that must've been a really hard thing for you socially.
95. Derekjeter (Posts: 88; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
LMAO!!!! Bro i dont know what Darkjedi did but damn you guys are on his as$.
104. darkkjedii (Posts: 7802; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude it's fun just baiting them into these tirades. Think about it, what impact can it possibly have? It's the internet, what am I gonna do cry lol? I'm happy, my wife's happy, my sons happy, and they're both taken care of. That's all that matters. I love these internet tuff guys, oh let's dog Darkk, it's the web what can he do lol. Cracks me up man. How's the G2 camera DJ?
106. Derekjeter (Posts: 88; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Its better than my wifes S4 and better than the iphone 5. But i wish they would have made the shutter faster. Other than that loving it. Videos i can say they look awesome. My hands shake more than if i had Parkinson's. ..lol...and yet the playback looks good.
108. darkkjedii (Posts: 7802; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Can you point shoot and send a vid, by say mms? Without having to select limit for mms first, I hate that about the galaxy phones. I also own a note 2. Lack of auto edit/auto compression of videos is a pain.
111. Derekjeter (Posts: 88; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
What i dont like and if someone can help, ive been taking 3 to 5 minutes videos my girls but i cant send them as mms it says size limit exceeded. On my iphone i could send them with no issues. Like i said before its my first android so dont know how to send the whole video. Any help would be cool.
116. PAPINYC (Posts: 1834; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
iPhones resize videos in MMS, it's the only good thing they do. Androids do not.
118. PAPINYC (Posts: 1834; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Kind of, VideoTrim or something like that?? Or, just send the video in an email (that should give you a 10mb to 20mb maximum limit depending on the client); I always do since I have Unlimited Data.
They're might be other apps' in the Play Store - just Google Video resize app for mms (or something like that) and something should come up.
121. darkkjedii (Posts: 7802; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Android phones don't auto compress vid files, as PAPINYC said. You'll have to go into camera settings and manually select limit for mms. Your vids won't be longer than a minute, and will be grainy but they'll send.
125. PAPINYC (Posts: 1834; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
See, again: R.I.F. (Reading Is Fundamental). I said iPhones resize video in MMS (Post #116). That's okay, I know you're busy making sure you don't run over any little old ladies.
55. stealthd (Posts: 751; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Your story of going from an iPhone 5 to an HTC One to a G2 in one year sounds unrealistic.
63. Derekjeter (Posts: 88; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Work phone HTC one. Personal phone LG G2. Not everybody works at MCDonald's bro. I can buy and expense work related items. I used to have my work phone as my personal, but when i heard all that iOS was doing i decided not to update or buy the new 5s. Sold my 5 bought my G2. Work line was due for an upgrade, had a choice between HTC one, Samsung s4, NOKIA 928 so i took the HTC ONE in blue from bestbuy and work paid me back $100 that i spent on the upgrade.
4. darkkjedii (Posts: 7802; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Congrats apple/iPhone. We all know that only 3 phones matter, iPhones notes, and s4's. The rest just fill in the pie.
53. techaman (Posts: 151; Member since: 03 Jul 2011)
jedii you might want to re write this when first looking at it i thought you where saying iphones, notes as in galaxy notes phablets, and s4's as in galaxy s4 not the iphone 4s, i like all i just hate apple starting fights with companys.
86. darkkjedii (Posts: 7802; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
iPhone line, galaxy note line, galaxy S4. The big three.
41. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
And you! It runs in your "blood" once a Apple fanboy always an Apple fanboy
49. darkkjedii (Posts: 7802; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Go away loser. I no longer wish to be bothered with you. You're not worth the time. You've run your course with me, like an old video game, or pair of shoes. No need for me to even respond to you anymore. GOODBYE!!!
9. zuckerboy (Posts: 443; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
iphone is good looking elegant phone but I love big screen phones , so I am not gonna buy
20. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 884; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
Of course the iPhone 5S was the top selling phone last month..............there wasnt another phone to compete with. Apple better be glad that the iPhone was introduced in October lol
23. Shatter (Posts: 1658; Member since: 29 May 2013)
There was the G2 actually. The g2 is better than the s4 IMO.
29. techaman (Posts: 151; Member since: 03 Jul 2011)
gs did not release same time just annouced. if your talking about the g2 pro or z1 but sony is not that big in usa,
22. gprime (Posts: 10; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
Wasn't there an article by phone arena saying apple twisted those numbers around by including vendors as part as sales? I still don't get it y people like apple so much Ur not getting anything better in the camera department, battery department, or screen so y upgrade (if u want to call it an upgrade) to the 5s?
30. techaman (Posts: 151; Member since: 03 Jul 2011)
it is an upgrade they have a finger print scanner thats been out for over 10 years and bypassed many years ago thats why no one uses it for security without also having rental or pin combo with it.
Yes they where including the restock amount and the broken replacements and the 30 day test units.
its funny that if its doing so well why is the 5c on sale for $49 at walmart and $50 at bestbuy after 3 weeks of being released, thats bad. i will wait to see what the gs5 will be like. or just stay on my gs3 i got 2 gig ram and 4.3 os and 4.4kitkat next year and can add galaxy gear with the os update. whats everyones thoughts.
24. GoogleSafariFox (banned) (Posts: 100; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Nah! Not falling for this old school HYPE of Tim Cook and Its Company. They've been doing this since iPhone 3GS, UNTIL iPhone 5. First, I bought i Had iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, 4S and iPhone 5. My fault that I considered this HYPE of APPLE and iFans. I was fooled on their last smart phones specially the i5. Nothing is New on this 5S, APPLE Lately has been upgrading what Steve Jobs Started, they're are not innovating as compare before. Sorry Apple. Still getting the Note 3 and Smart watch!
31. techaman (Posts: 151; Member since: 03 Jul 2011)
note 3 is ok not for me i did see a video that samsung put a setting to make the screen smaller for some things or all and you activate it with a swipe and can be change left side or right with the arrow kind of neat but still dont like the body of the phone me personally
25. techaman (Posts: 151; Member since: 03 Jul 2011)
i would say it was the biggest because it was the ONLY phone to come out last month.
32. Leo_MC (Posts: 371; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
You are right: Note 3 is not a phone, it is a tablet.
42. therealestboy (Posts: 47; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Wow, I find it funny fandroids don't even consider apple products users human beings anymore. It's that extreme? Iphone users gotta be careful not to show their phones in public.
51. techaman (Posts: 151; Member since: 03 Jul 2011)
watch the video non biased android vs io7 he will show you best and faults of both and if both fixed these problems both would be great for who ever wanted them.
122. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Other than the Note 3 and the iPhone, what other phones were released last month? What was the top selling phone in July and in August?
124. more407 (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
New Apple iPhone 5, 5s, 5c, Macbook Rentinal 15..$599
original in box with complete accessories and available in Gold, White & Black color.. Contact as below for more info **
BBM CHAT: 294517F9
126. DAMONORIBELLO (Posts: 26; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I'm sorry I missed it. Where was the part with the proof that Apple was the top selling smartphone?
"Apple said it sold 9 million units"
Not proof. Rememember in Kindergarten we played a game called show and tell. Let's play the opposite. Tell.....and SHOW.
129. Shinydesert (Posts: 50; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Whatever,just enjoy what you have. I use Android and the iPhone 5 and freaking love them both. Feels like wearing new clothes every week.
In the meantime I will keep reading the smartphone wars around here.
130. Sakeem (Posts: 114; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
The bickering on this site is sad and immature. .....Why would you argue so much and get personal about things that dont even relate to what the article says. The moderators of this site should be ashamed of themselves.
133. 9thWonderful (Posts: 227; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
It keeps the activity on this site up. Why be just another boring forum. Immaturity & bickering sells baby! Don't you watch reality tv?
132. 9thWonderful (Posts: 227; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Boy...the hatred is criminal from phandroids. Sad really. Every year there is the denial about new iPhone sales & every year iPhone beats their previous year's numbers. Y'all not tired of being wrong yet?
135. 9thWonderful (Posts: 227; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Hmm...I must be late to the party but ummm...you can only thumb up now? Interesting.
136. Trex95 (Posts: 482; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
IPhone always remain the best wither we like it or hate it.
137. MobileKicker (Posts: 207; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
Not only in. US but also in many rich countries
Everybody loves the 5s cause its premium and has a fingerprint scanner
141. harvestcellular (Posts: 26; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Of course it was top selling. Nothing really else out there released at the same time. But even with that said, the numbers are pretty impressive.