Apple iPhone 5s has issues with motion sensors calibration that affect gaming
0. phoneArena 04 Oct 2013, 02:34 posted on
New calibration methods had to be done for the iPhone 5s, and something seems messed up, or the readings get scrambled along the way to the M7, and maybe even in the new chip itself. Either way, the first iPhone 5s batches could be a few degrees off in their motion sensor readings compared to professional equipment...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. JMartin22 (Posts: 759; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
BUT.. BUT... Apple always does it right. :(
7. james004 (Posts: 471; Member since: 15 May 2013)
that 64 bit processor is out of this world. literally! screw gravity. iphone is smarter than that.
9. twens (Posts: 551; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
You mean the 64 bit that my exynos in my note 3 completely destroys right?
10. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Are you sure? The 64 bit A7 CPU is of intel bay trail standards. It has even beaten LG G2
14. vincelongman (Posts: 1044; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
From what I've seen the A7 is about equal to the S800 in term of performance, higher in some and lower in some.
The only benchmarks which the A7 won by big margins were on-screen graphics (because the iPhone's resolution is far lower) and browser benchmarks (because Safari is the most optimized browser)
26. alexfiran (Posts: 40; Member since: 13 Jun 2013)
well it may be fast but the note 3 has 3 gb of ram and this makes the 800 soc really valuable. The iphone 5s however has only 1 gb of ram which makes the 64 bit chip almost useless
35. Shatter (Posts: 1994; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I'm sorry but it is pretty obvious the 5s CPU benchmarks are being faked by Apple to try to pass off an a7 as being good. I really want a company to copy the A7 like mediatek and use 2 armv8 cores @ 1.3ghz and it will be a pile of crap. There is no way the changes from the A6 to the A7 nearly doubled its performance, it is pretty obvious the 5s is not as powerful as Apple is making it out to be. I know 1 person who bought a 5s and all they do is complain about how laggy IOS 7 is. Its pretty pathetic apple adds a select handful of android features and their phones all lag.
Do the research there is nothing that changed that explains the performance gain. The only logical explanation is apple is faking cpu benchmark scores to make it look as good/slightly better than the S800.
This is all armv8 did:http://www.arm.com/files/downl
46. james004 (Posts: 471; Member since: 15 May 2013)
calm down samsung fan, i was making fun of apple 64 bit processor that was so hyped up about and is crapping out now.
37. Shatter (Posts: 1994; Member since: 29 May 2013)
The difference between the A6 and A7 would be like the core 2 duo vs an original i3, then the Core 2 Quad would be android. The core 2 quad is much better if you were unaware.
31. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 307; Member since: 07 May 2012)
apple "we do but you're using it wrong!". stuff happens man
3. aditya.k (Posts: 459; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
lol you're holding it wrong. How can apple be wrong? xD
6. iluvsonynokia (Posts: 92; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
IPhone fanboys can cope with that,why we bother
4. JMartin22 (Posts: 759; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
The iPhone just doesn't like you, you're the problem. ):
5. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3945; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I really hope Apple addresses this problem correctly. Just say sorry for the inconvenience and improve the calibration of future iPhone 5S shipments, and send an update to current ones to fix the problem, if possible.
16. vincelongman (Posts: 1044; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I wonder if its a hardware or software issue.
If software, then Apple will easily fix it with a quick update.
However, if its hardware, then it would take longer and maybe inconvenient to users.
8. twens (Posts: 551; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
The iphone always works right? yea right. last i checked IOS 7 is the buggiest phone OS ever. Just as android is becoming smoother and stable with each release IOS is taking the laggy aspect of android just by adding few features.lol Picture IOS with all the features of Anndroid 4.3 out of the box. It will crush like hell.lol
12. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Wait for iOS 7.1 and I face more bugs on a daily basis with my GS3 than my iPhone 5S. I use my ipad for at least 6 hours day including gaming, work, web browsing and I experience may be one bug every 7 days. These are minor bugs and will be fixed very quickly.
13. Sniggly (Posts: 6781; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Hey, Knight, you read the article, right? It spells out that this might not be a minor software bug, but a hardware issue.
22. Sniggly (Posts: 6781; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
That, and the grammatical issues, remind me so much of Taco.
But he is new. Maybe we should give him the benefit of the doubt.
38. HouTexan (Posts: 305; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
Wait, minor issues? When android "minor issues", you Apple-heads blow it out of proportion and call it buggy. iOS7 is buggy as all get out; no denying that.
15. LiquidGalaxy (Posts: 147; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Are these Android idiots actually serious? Lol
30. promise7 (Posts: 349; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
"Buggiest OS ever?" Please provide proof that shows it had more bugs than all other OSes that have ever been released.
39. HouTexan (Posts: 305; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
I can't justify that answer, but I can say that iOS7 is buggy as hell; something, apparently, only Android is supposed to experience, according to Apple fans.
44. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Apple fans superiority complex at play here. Thinking apple products have no problems but they have people always complaining on macrumors and any other apple forum. Ifans are the most hypocritical fanboys of all time and i don't care what anybody says. They deserve these bugs cause of all the bad karma and even death threats to other users who don't use apple products. One guy on here had the nerve to call me out because i said a lot of so called problems on android come from user error. Which is very VERY true. He never replied back like a typical ifan who claims to never be wrong. Im telling you. It's that superiority complex in motion!
33. Shatter (Posts: 1994; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I had an S3 and besides the occasional lag till it got a few updates and a couple crashes it was relatively bug free for the 8 months I used it.
11. Sniggly (Posts: 6781; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I wonder, if it truly is a hardware issue that can't be compensated for with software updates, how Apple will handle this one.
19. Cyberchum (Posts: 266; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
A rushed update will always turn bad, they could've taken their time oh wait!! they actually did take their time lol.
20. roscuthiii (Posts: 1785; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
In regards to another earlier article, it's looking less WIP, and more mess.
24. PAPINYC (Posts: 2237; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
All that to say "it's broke"!?? Excuse me while I do some extensive cleaning; my head just exploded.
28. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2479; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
HAHAHA...LMAO... A more mess is in progress. BTW this new features are truly innovative they are beating professional equipments. :D
32. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1214; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
That's what happen you want low price and quantity at the same time... part of the quality will get ignored.
42. chemhaz (Posts: 160; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I think it's a feature to counter the misdirection of Apple maps.
43. mrp4ul0 (Posts: 4; Member since: 02 Oct 2013)
This is big trouble for Apple if a software update doesn't fix all of these bugs. Only see this leading to customers ditching Apple. Tim must be one worried president these days..
45. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 258; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Even if it's a hardware problem, they may fix it via software with an offset setting that compensates