Apple iPhone 5s and Apple iPhone 5c monopolize Japanese sales charts
0. phoneArena 30 Nov 2013, 14:10 posted on
Never has a sales chart seen such domination. No, we're not talking about One Direction, Fifth Harmony or any of the other groups put together by Simon Cowell that have seemingly leaped from the X Factor stage to world-wide stardom. Where actually talking about smartphones here. More precisely, we are looking at the way that the Apple iPhone 5s and Apple iPhone 5c have commanded the smartphone sales charts in Japan...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
LOL at these raw raw apple articles, so carefully written to ensure apple iClones holding hands and singing kumbaya. PA is on fire digging up every effort on how awesome apple is! Apple you are soo awesome, look how popular we are, it's like android doesn't even exist, apple foreva, apple is the greatest, we love you apple, keep up the good work with your 3 product selection of basically the same product 3 different sizes and ways that you rehash yearly! love alan and ray from iFollowerArena
6. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
let us start tagging with the famous Apple tag shall we? You sir shall be an ihater
9. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
really? how can you tell.. hmm. Actually iDon't hate apple products, iHate the iClones and their arrogance and elitism. Apple makes 3 good products, 3 products based on the same product, then the mac. Their iFame is legendary within the iClone circle but beyond the same 50 million iFollowers buying yearly incremental upgrades of their 3 product line, nobody gives a crap about any of this stuff but Ray and Alan really loves their apples, which would be alright at cultofmac fan site but this is a general site and the BiOS should be toned down quite a bit. They really need to go work for iFan sites, really you guys would be iLoved instead if iHated
74. Arman (Posts: 47; Member since: 08 Jul 2013)
I can see from your name and your comment that you can't be a apple hater. and your comments are absolutely rational and unbiased . /s
11. stealthd (Posts: 1067; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Right, because there's never any "raw raw Android articles", you never see people saying "Go Google", "Go Samsung", or whatever.
Oh wait that happens all the time, you're just full of crap.
15. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
not here at PA. As I stated, this is a non BiOS'd website right? not cultofmac or droid-life. Those sites have their place, I am simply stating ray and alan and the way pa reports BiOS is lame.
36. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
But you are a hatter.. Look at your name.. Why doesn't your name have something to do with your own platform of choice❔... I love Windows Phone,, so do you think I would dare put Android, or iOS in my name❔ That's seriously corny of you, and you ought to be ashamed of yourself.. Pathetic.
44. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
rodneyej1, take a look at yourself.
Why should you lie that you are Windows fan, but not Apple fan??? Do you think someone will buy your old iTricks? Why should you all izombies use dirty tricks? You are all the same. Even the iFans from PA.
56. Username. (banned) (Posts: 74; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
ROTFLMFAO. That was really so funny. I can't stop laughing.... Wtf....o GOD.
85. sprockkets (Posts: 1581; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Uh, as I've said before, check the source...oh yes, it's appleinsider...checks author, oh look! our favorite android hater apple troll Daniel Dilger!
OH SO NOT SURPRISED.
83. Bernoulli (Posts: 2417; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Since it's two iphones, wouldn't it be "duopolize"? Apple however did monopolize the charts since it's only one apple in question
2. Doakie (Posts: 1661; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Cool. Good for Apple.
When is my Moto G going to get here?
3. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Looks like the Japanese were actually waiting for this moment
16. robinlim85 (Posts: 86; Member since: 03 May 2013)
japan are one of the most,if not the most productive nation in the world
iOS being sold more is no coincident,productive people doesn't spend 24 hours a days install custom rom,benchmark apps,customizing launcher,play with setting, japanese spend those time working
40. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
If a product succeeds in Japan, it can succeed everywhere on earth.
Japanese customers have such a high expectation / standard.
64. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Although I love Japan, I have to say that this is an ignorant statement! Japanese people like all sort of crazy stuffs, weird extravagant clothes, crazy hairstyles, french music, kei cars, etc.. And they still used flip phones. I don't see any of these "succeed everywhere on earth".
65. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
What do you love about Japan?
Let me guess.... DragonBall, right?
You are an Androtaku. period.
70. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Don't project yourself on others, thanks.
69. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Ad hominem, pfff.. Is that all you've got? Please buddy, stop making a fool of yourself and come with some valid points instead of personal attacks. I do like Japanese animations but what I love most about Japan is their culture. I've been in Tokyo twice last year and I'm planning my trip to Kyoto for the winter hols, after visiting Seoul.
And oh, I hate Dragon ball!
4. bootroot (Posts: 35; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Small Hands need small phones.
Its look like they just discover iphone !
7. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
you did not just say that... that sounds wrong on so many levels
22. Finalflash (Posts: 2167; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Yea but it is actually true to a certain extent. If you remember the original Xbox controller, one of the reasons they shrunk it was because it was too big for the Japanese crowd and was a major block for their sales in Japan. Even then, it does not discount the fact that they have sold possibly millions, it just puts another reason to it whatever that may be.
50. robinlim85 (Posts: 86; Member since: 03 May 2013)
yea,like we don't have "mini" version of galaxy,htc one
55. Username. (banned) (Posts: 74; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
We know, and here comes Darkkjedii.....
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 15623; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Good job apple. Enjoy the one of the best of the best Japan.
23. Username. (banned) (Posts: 74; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
I thought Japanese were "smart and clever" turns out to be the other way round!
"Chinese are much clever and loyal"
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 15623; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Go away dude, in just a few days you've showed yourself to be a foolish trouble making troll. Stop bothering people with your irritating presence.
28. Username. (banned) (Posts: 74; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
Why offtopic again for? Answer the question sir. Don't call me a troll, when you are the troll...
I've read so many posts of yours. All you do is go off topic and calling users troll. You never provide answers nor do you contrubute to a discussions. Or provide infos. You call your self a techy that buys whatever is good.
38. Username. (banned) (Posts: 74; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
You sir are a pathetic troll.
Darkkjedii. Wow do you no what that means? A villain, bad guy, a troll. Your username says it well, but then you upload a picture off yourself with your wife, and you troll very smartly with other users...
Darkjedii please stop trolling and provide us with great posts for others to learn and knowledge thier brains, not always divert the subject.
Stop acting like 14 years old kid, act your age, you immatureness kid.....
35. darkkjedii (Posts: 15623; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude go away. Gee wizzz dude, I'm not interested in a stupid pointless debate with you. No matter what you say it won't change what I like, or buy. Get lost dude, go bother someone else, and it's contribute not contrubute, to discussions not to a discussions, and you don't start a sentence with "Or". GO AWAY!!!
41. Username. (banned) (Posts: 74; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
Typing from an iP5s 64Gb in all black edition. Keyboard error.
Where do you see me hating on Apple?
Where did I insult your purchase.... ?
Like I said before, you are not the smart one to dispute with. You are just a techy.
Ninetysix is a guy that likes to dispute.
45. Username. (banned) (Posts: 74; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
Please stop trolling Darkkjedii.
49. darkkjedii (Posts: 15623; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Ok I see where you're going with this. You're looking for a debate, an argument, you want the last word and I'm gonna make sure you have it. Dude leave me alone, cuz I'm not gonna continue the back n forth with you, there will be no response to this post, or any other you come my way with. To deal with a stupid little childish troll like you, simply let you win, give you the last word, and ignore you. You win goodbye.
54. Username. (banned) (Posts: 74; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
Ok, ok keep your hair on please Darkjedi...
It's good to discuss and argue,aswell as provide infos and theories.
You see jakelee and ninetysix robinlim are always providing with thier idears and infos to us.
No I've not won, but you did not provide with any source or give us your believes in what you think is good, great and what's wrong.
62. robinlim85 (Posts: 86; Member since: 03 May 2013)
do u realized that there are no so call "all black edition" of iphone 5s, its call space grey
don't pretend neutral by lying u are iphone user
31. Ninetysix (Posts: 1925; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
43. Username. (banned) (Posts: 74; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
Yes I know that Ninetysix.
But you wasn't smart enough to understand that post!
39. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I know YOU aren't talking about someone's intelligence.. Are you❔
46. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Japanese people are in general rational, reasonable, honest, and most above of all - trustworthy.
Unfortunately, I can't say the same about Chinese.
Remember the Chinese milk scandal back in 2008?
I understand very well that some companies in an underdeveloped country do something shady for some extra profits, but something lethal like this is beyond anyone's imagination.
Even Ferengis wouldn't do things like this.
84. darkkjedii (Posts: 15623; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I sure the hell am, and damn proud to be...now what?
80. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Hello -69World. Still kicking around?
12. PBXtech (Posts: 1027; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
iPhones do well in countries like Japan and the US, where disposable income is common, and it's been a short time since they were released so there's no surprises with this. What is a surprise is Japan's own phones aren't doing better, Sony is barely noticeable. Seems like national brand loyalty for Japan isn't like it is in China as a comparison, where their own self made phones dominate the charts. Interesting cultural perspective.
13. Sauce (unregistered)
Forget about Sony, but the bigger dog - Samsung - is barely up there in terms of specific phones bought like the gs4, gs3, ip5, ip5s, etc.
19. PBXtech (Posts: 1027; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
In relationship of Japanese people, yes, you can forget about Samsung and not Sony. Cultural dislike is too great for that country, your point only applies to the rest of the world, which wasn't represented by this top 20 list.
Learn some history before making such a comment.
66. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Sony could abandon the phone business anytime, just like Panasonic did.
67. joey_sfb (Posts: 4349; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
PBXtech, Long its ok. Apple is a necessary evil that provide the needed competitor to Android.
Apple give incentive to Google and other Android OEMs to improve and stay competitives.
I wouldn't be buying anything Apple but other suckers are free to do so. LOL!
14. bucky (Posts: 2036; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
No no. This isn't true. It's just another conspiracy article written by people who have millions invested in apple stock