Apple iPhone 5S vs Galaxy S4 vs LG G2: good things come in all packages
0. phoneArena 10 Sep 2013, 15:25 posted on
If we isolate for screen size, the newly announced Apple iPhone 5S has all the makings of a futureproof flagship device, especially in the chipset part, even against current Android kings of the shelves like the Galaxy S4 and the LG G2...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Sorry IMO it goes:
LG G2>Samsung Galaxy s4>iPhone 5s
32. Arslan25 (Posts: 23; Member since: 07 Sep 2013)
lol sony phone have a black blind user inference :/
30. leocal79 (Posts: 2; Member since: 11 Sep 2013)
Why don't they have the info on the battery for the G2 it has already been tested and released and blows the doors off the other 2. It is around 30 hours.
2. GeekMovement (Posts: 2156; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Seems like the battery life still sucks for the iPhone5S.
3. syedej123 (banned) (Posts: 71; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
comparing iphone to beautiful monster like LG G2 ???
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
G2 > S4 > iPhone 5S.
G2 is superior in every single aspect basically.
5. syedej123 (banned) (Posts: 71; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
LG G2 will be like galaxy S2..slowly slowly their popularity increases ..
if somehow G2 does not sale well ..it is PURE Unluck ..
World Class IPS LCD Display on the Zero Bezel Screen ..uff..
6. amilcarmz86 (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
little iphone,inferior compared to big guys here... shame on the apple.
7. jduran541977 (Posts: 10; Member since: 14 Apr 2011)
Still no nfc for the icrap what a disappointment still the same phone might as well wait for icrap 6
8. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I would honestly buy an iPhone 5S before a GS4. I don't know why, but the GS4 is just completely worthless to me. It's not Samsung in general, it's the GS4 specifically; I loved my GS2 and GS3, and I like the new members of the Note series, but the GS4 is strangely unattractive and uninteresting to me.
9. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1215; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
i dont know why the GS3 would be better than the GS4 in terms of looks, features and specs, but i guess thats your opinion.
10. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I never said the GS3 was "better", I just liked it better than the GS4, regardless of the features or specs. It just had a better overall feeling about it. Kind of hard to explain.
27. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Oh yes, because my opinion is entirely false.
25. JMartin22 (Posts: 1982; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
The S4 was more of a bump up in improvement than the 5S happens to be, when you compare the differences against each respective predecessor
28. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
It is no doubt, but I still just don't like the GS4 based on my hands on time with it. It just didn't give me the same "wow" feeling when I got my GS3, you know?
29. BocaRaton (Posts: 2; Member since: 11 Sep 2013)
"WOW"? Are you one of those hardheads that choose to be arrogant? I actually owned all versions of the Galaxy S3 and while the S3 at launch did not seem to have more features than that of S2, The screen, battery life, and option for GPE. Go ahead, buy your IPone(Misspelled on purpose). Tell me major things that you can do on IPhone 5 that you can’t on iPhone 3G? Wake up and smell the roses dude, if you want a phone that will make you say wow, get an iphone and use Apple maps to get you there. :)
31. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Arrogant? Me saying I liked the GS3 better at launch than the GS4 and I would have an iPhone over the GS4 is being arrogant? How did you manage to think of that?
Also, just because I would rather have an iPhone 5S over the GS4 doesn't mean I'm going to get an iPhone. There are other phones in the world, like my Droid Mini which I currently wouldn't trade for anything; iPhone 5S, Galaxy S4, Note 3, HTC One, LG G2, etc.
11. Dr.Tom (Posts: 46; Member since: 11 May 2013)
The iphone is good for kids and chicks (no offense to the women), but when are they going to make a phone for men, you know, with bigger hands/fingers. The iphone 5 is like a toy in most men\'s hands. Small screen on a bigger phone. The Moto X is about the same size as the iphone yet it has a 4.7 inch screen. Apple is really starting to fall behind and even there FANBOYS at PA are starting to look/sound real DUMB!
23. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
You forgot the bodybuilder, they love iPhone, pink and purple colour too .
12. syedej123 (banned) (Posts: 71; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
really today I clearly understand how much the phonearena biased towards iphone.
guys in phonearena dont ever believe their camera comparison ..I lost trust in them as I saw a article from Ray telling about camera.
Gsmarena is all about professional ..
phonearena I feel sad for you..
13. Bootutu (Posts: 228; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
\"We can\'t wait for some cross-platform benchmarks, but we have the feeling everyone\'s silicon might get smoked by the new A7, especially in the graphics department\"
Are you serious?, care to explain what it has to smoke Adreno 330 or Mali T628, in terms of CPU absolutely no chance....64 bit is useless in a system with less than 4GB of RAM.
14. KashAli (Posts: 105; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
Clearly Galaxy S4 most important thing battery life and large display. No chance apple can win again. Regret buying iPhone 4S (battery lasts 3 hours) apple too greedy seeking money. Not putting enough features in phone.
15. Immolate (Posts: 310; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
If we isolate for brain size, I'm as smart as Albert Einstein! Who knew?
And seriously. A 64-bit CPU? Who ever had the sheer moral courage and intellectual temerity to even consider that? Except for Motorola, Samsung, LG, HTC, and some Korean guy with a kiosk in Seoul who all thought about it and said, "um... no."
I'm embarrassed for Apple. Still.
16. blackcatsvalentine (Posts: 3; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
why do i get the feeling that PA is always rooting for apple?
17. HASHTAG (unregistered)
I like how Phonearena always leaves fields blank for the iPhone.
18. mickey072 (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
Very iPhone biased article. How can you say the the Screen Resolution, Pixel Density, Screen size and Camera resolution are in the same league as the S4 and LG G2? Apple didn't release any specifics on the CPU speed and the amount of cores the 5s have, my guess it will be 2 cores. Therefore a 64bit dual core cpu vs a quad core 32bit cpu does not look so convincing after all. Also how much ram does the iPhone have ? My guess still 1gb vs 2 GB on the other two.
Spec wise there is no comparison.
34. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
You're speculating when facts are available everywhere.
19. StanleyG88 (Posts: 231; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
Love how they say that the 64 bit will be wonderful for \"future\" apps. By the time enough apps get converted to 64 bits to make the processor worthwhile, iFruit will be introducing the iPhone 7S.
Why waste a 64b processor on a phone that will be owned for less than 2 years when it will take more than 2 years for the apps to catch up with the HW?