Apple iPhone 5S coming in August, new iPad and refreshed iPad mini may arrive in April
0. phoneArena 05 Mar 2013, 09:03 posted on
Apple is getting ready to soon update its lineup with a new iPhone 5S expected to come in August, and a new series of iPad including both a fifth-generation 9.7-inch iPad…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tech2 (Posts: 2572; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
is it me or releasing products at this short interval seriously affects brand loyalty ? I mean why would anyone buy anything if it'll be replaced within few months !
HTC did this with One X and One X+ which did piss off few HTC consumers thats why they decided to release only one flagship this year !
4. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1010; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
because people are never satisfied with what they have. they'll have the best product out there then complain when it cant do something that another phone can do. unfortunately, its a never ending cycle of unsatisfied customers. most people want the hottest product at least every 6 months.
5. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
BS, HTC is going to make a successor to the DNA for Verizon.
6. Ninetysix (Posts: 1715; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
tech2, do you know when Apple released their last iphone?
12. tech2 (Posts: 2572; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
yes, but I was addressing the iPad with that statement. With regards to iPhone, still the yearly cycle of release is broken which itself is not a good news for future iPhone iterations
14. Ninetysix (Posts: 1715; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
You addressed the iPad and linked an article of an HTC phone.
25. Taters (Posts: 3654; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Still applies because shortened cycles are not strictly a mutual with tablets, it could easily apply and be interchangeable with phones.
Besides, the iPhone 5 came out before the 4s was a year old.
22. p5yb0rg (unregistered)
Unless Apple drastically redesigns their OS, their efforts are all futile.
39. quakan (Posts: 1236; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I'm looking to upgrade and I'll upgrade if the 5S looks promising. Even if it isn't i'll scoop up the 5.
55. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
htc has been doing this for awhile and other manufacturers as well. there was the evo and 3d. samsung and its various versions of gs3. sony and i dont give a hoot. motorola and their razor line.
apple was the hold out, now they are changing with the times because it only makes sense if they plan on being competitive.
apple will release a cheaper version of the iphone, if they do not. well they will lose out on a potential multi billion dollar opportunity from the rest of the world
2. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3048; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
"The iPhone 5S is said to feature the same overall design as the iPhone 5, but Apple’s plan is to step up imaging quality with a significantly improved camera and the usual bump up in the processor. At the same time, the company will likely keep the same body, premium materials and thin profile for the iPhone."
The same of the same for the same to end up with the same...still the same.
23. tech2 (Posts: 2572; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
its not fixing whats broken. Its about INNOVATION !
32. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
so is Android innovating with mid range phones or variables of the same phone?..
37. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1671; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Android doesn't make those phones, the OEM does. So to answer your question, NO and neither is Apple when they do this too.
42. quakan (Posts: 1236; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Innovation doesn't happen quickly. Everything needs time. Apple Maps and Siri are prime examples when you rush something to the market before it's a finished product (both still require needed updates and they are still in beta).
26. Taters (Posts: 3654; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
It's very broken actually. The only thing not broken is the lemming mentality of their fans. They seem to like taking it up the A** from Apple for some reason.
46. quakan (Posts: 1236; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Actually all die-hard fans have that lemming's mentality. Android fans are a bit worse than Apple fans in my opinion though. Both die-hard sets of fans will follow their respective company til the death but die-hard Android fans make it their job to "evangelize" non-Android users and will verbally attack those that oppose.
52. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1671; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Oh and Apple users never insult Android or WM users? You are on crack sir.
34. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
True, the 5s, 6, 6s, 7 and on should be the same as the iP5, surely then fans and users will migrate, and sales and shares shall plummet,,,,,,,,
3. ama3654 (Posts: 249; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
iOS devices don't need Hardware changes at all, it's the OS(Software) people are fed up with.
16. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4683; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
The OS is already the best. No change is necessary.
18. pixelado (Posts: 130; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
Yeah, that's why no one jailbreaks their devices in order to get half the features other operating systems offer, right?
I mean, absolutely no one, right?
19. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4683; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Yeah like no one has to root an android phone to get features not normally accessible.
35. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Everyone likes to improve and modify, unleash the real!
38. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1671; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
They don't, Android offers way more out-of the-box un-rooted than iOS ever will
7. dr_fajardo12 (Posts: 107; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
hahahahaahahahahahahaah what people we'll do with the iphone 5?. thanks apple, u r the best
8. procopiojose (Posts: 132; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
people who buys apple products are plain stupid.. smfh..
13. Ninetysix (Posts: 1715; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Yes they are very stupid. LOL...Do you even have logic?
40. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1671; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
So that just means there are a LOT of stupid people...
43. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
There are few in here, which we all no who they are!
48. quakan (Posts: 1236; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Yeah it's the ones clicking Apple articles and claim they aren't interested.
57. BackHandLegend (Posts: 80; Member since: 15 Dec 2012)
you also missed an 'a' in between 'are' and 'few'.
Sorry to be a grammar nazi but this was just too fun to miss. lol
9. ryq24 (Posts: 557; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Same screen size for iPhone 5s would be very good news for Samsung !!!
10. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
These news will keep gaining momentum till S4 is released and stocks will keep falling :D
11. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
But how will their iFriends know they upgraded?
58. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6803; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
And people will ask wats the difference
15. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6803; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Same plain boring PIECE OF CRAP like anyone cares
17. zig8100 (Posts: 144; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
I said this when the 5 came out. Who didn't know this? 5s is going to be the same thing with faster chip set n better camera. Same thing all the time.
41. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1671; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Can't wait for the same damn thing?...how stupid.
24. Marcus_h (Posts: 44; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
The iP5 camera still pretty much reigns supreme, so a bump in this area would give it a great advantage
27. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
The camera is the one area I am curious what Apple is going to do. Adding more Mp is probably counter-productive, as more image noise is the downside unless there is some way to offset the noise. PureView 808 added a physically larger sensor, which I doubt Apple can do, given the size of the iP5/S case. So, what does Apple do to dramatically improve the camera in the 5S? Enquiring minds want to know.
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 13372; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Seeing as though their camera has always been top 1 or 2, wouldn't you think they'll come up with something good?
54. -box- (Posts: 3913; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Marcus, I'd like to remind you that Sony (who makes the iphone camera from 4 (or 4S?) onwards), HTC, and Nokia all have superior cameras in their phones than the iphone, and always have. Iphone may be in top 5 of current on-sale devices (thus excluding the Nokia N8 and 808 PureView), but it is not and never has been best, or even second-best.
Same goes for you dorkkjerki
28. bubbadoes (Posts: 376; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Apples definition of refreshed= Iphone 5S and Ipad new A7 processor and Ipad mini will get the left over A6 processors from previous iphone 5 and ipads all in an assortment of colors to choose from...Innovation at it's finest..oh and I forget and improved lens on the camera
29. JunkCreek (Posts: 406; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
i want to buy a new device not only because i want better camera and proccie, but i want all upgrade software nor hardware and prefer both! even if i'm rich, not once i'm going to buy samethings. 3gs to 4s is a reason, but 4s to 5/5s is buy samethings. galaxy y to galaxy y duos has improvement, internal storage, screen size and the features it featuring: dual simcards with adds $40 from galaxy y original price. can't imagine the reason(s) people buying 5s or ipad fiff generation and refreshed minipad? i'd better donate my money to help orphans.
31. zeMOo (Posts: 12; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
Samsung will stay the best even in 2013 :)
Apple system of releasing is not good anymore, was good before when there are no competition but not anymore. They need to change system of releasing devices and maybe it will start to go better.
53. OGman (Posts: 10; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
2013 is going to be a great year for technology in phones
59. nokiandroid (unregistered)
they need to change their os and the PHYSICAL HOME BUTTON!!