Apple iPhone 5S and cheaper iPhone coming with 4-inch screens, 5S delayed due to problems with new fingerprint scanning technology
0. phoneArena 23 Apr 2013, 09:29 posted on
Apple may have delayed its next-generation iPhone, allegedly the iPhone 5S, because of issues with finding the right material that would not interfere with a fingerprint sensor..
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Oh, a fingerprint sensor. How innovative. No one has ever done that before.
Oh wait, what's that on the phone on my nightstand? My Atrix has...a...fingerprint...sensor...
But of course if any Android phone includes a fingerprint sensor after Apple does it, iFanboys will scream that Apple is the innovator while Android users are the copycats.
11. ITEngineer (Posts: 54; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
First time i reply to you, but i read your comments for the past couple of months and im sure it gets down to either one of the following two conclusion.
1. You get paid by Apple to Troll
2. Your a 10 years old social outcast chatting from his basement.
43. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
@ITEngineer: Binary views will get you into trouble.
14. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"You're wrong again Sniggly."
What exactly wrong he says?
23. frydaexiii (Posts: 1459; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
And here comes a new era of idiots swiping at the phone trying to get the fingerprint scanner to work to unlock instead of just a simple pattern...oh wait, iOS doesn't even have that...
Sigh, it's Siri all over again
27. bucky (Posts: 2617; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
They don't invent it but they sure as hell make it actually usable and work as it was marketed.
32. Aeires (unregistered)
Not always. Apple Maps, anyone?
34. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"...as it was marketed."
Lie was marketed.
45. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
If you read the seemingly endless posts from the limited ihateApple fan base here, one would think Apple, Inc. was going to implode. However, in the real world millions of people continue to buy iPhones and enjoy their purchases. The iPhones continues to outsell against the best and newest Android devices.
36. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 164; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
he isn't wrong
what's innovative in a fingerprint sensor actually what's the use of it not important as a newly redesigned ios
44. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
If they made a fingerprint scanner they would call it some hipster loving gimmick name like iSecure.
8. smdeezy (Posts: 66; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
No kidding. My 4 year old Atrix that I never use has that!
16. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
The first mobile phone with a fingerprint scanner was made by Siemens in 1999, it was Siemens SL 10 D. :)
46. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
That's the same DUMB argument when used against the iPad. MicroSoft invented the modern day tablet, and when the iPad came out, more iPads were sold in its first year than all the MS-tablets to date.
47. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"...more iPads were sold in its first year than all the MS-tablets to date."
And how this argement changes the fact that Apple wasn't first company who came with a tablet??? And if nohow, then why you use this argument against main since I'm talking not about the sales but about the inovations???
Your argument is DUMB since I'm talking not about the sales!
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
4 inch screen? You kidding me Apple?
U MAD APPLE? :P
10. amats69 (Posts: 1461; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Actually samsung is worried now because of the boring design of s4 :p
13. jonartpop (Posts: 186; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
What about the boring design of iphone 5 :p
15. amats69 (Posts: 1461; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Actually they have the same boring design.lol but the difference of the two is..iphone looks premium than s4... :p
21. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Actually, the iPhone 5's design is even boring than the S4's.
Why I said that? Just look at the iPhone 5.
From 2007 (iPhone 1) to 2012 (iPhone 5), the design still remains the same. For example, the circle physical home button, the small screen, bezels. And Apple thinks that it's ok to make the iPhone taller not wider.
Apple aren't creative at all!
22. Tele7 (Posts: 47; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
You have that nice feeling and looking until you drop it. You put it to case? Good, than why does it matter if it's plastic or glass/metal if it's in a hard plastic/TPU case?
26. amats69 (Posts: 1461; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I agree with that...but if you reread my post 15... Im talking about premium looks.. Not durability....
28. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
premium and durable is different.
Not all people use a case, even with few scratch and dents my Nokia E6-00 still feels and looks better than my GS2.
So looks and feels does matter, but i hope all manufacturers can make a premium but also durable smartphone