Apple iPhone 5S: 7 new features of the seventh generation iPhone
0. phoneArena 10 Sep 2013, 07:02 posted on
It’s that time of the year - the new iPhone is coming in less than a month on September 10th, and rumors and leaks are pouring on us from all sides…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. iampayne (Posts: 322; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
I would go on a limb and say there is a 1% chance Apple adds NFC. Also think they will stick with 3 storage options. Dropping the 16GB in favor of adding a 128GB option and move all prices down. So the 32GB will start at $199 on contract.
21. msa1988 (Posts: 418; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
I find it extremely hard to believe they'll double the storage and keep the price the same. I know they did that from the 8GB 4 to the 16GB 4S, but 16GB to 32GB is a huge jump. if they do keep this scale, I'd expect them to MAYBE drop the price by $50 if they do increase the storage ($249 for the 32GB, etc.). Not a game changing phone by any means, but still seems pretty neat.
49. Airforce (Posts: 64; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
well am imperessed with the new upgrades....Nd the Gold colour is quite catchy..WHICH INTURN MAKES AN IPHONE 5S USER A potential..TARGET for people who enjoy stealing phones..especially in SLUM AREAS
52. CreeDiddy (Posts: 580; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
I believe you are correct regarding NFC. Since Airdrop does not require NFC, they will most likely preserve for iPhone 6 next year.
Storages will still be 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, and now 128GB. The only difference is the subsized 2-year contract will most likely be $499 with an MSRP of $949.
56. KillgoreTrout (Posts: 53; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
My next phone has to have NFC. I like all current and near future phones and have no problem choosing any of them, but it has to have NFC. The scanner is a big plus for Apple if it works most of the time(Apple doesn't put gimmicks into their devices so I assume it will). I just really want NFC this time around.
79. StanleyG88 (Posts: 221; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
All iPhone5 owners will need to realize that within a couple days after they setup their "fingerprint scan" unlock, the NSA will now have their fingerprint on file.
This sounds like another scam by the NSA to further collect bioinfo on all US citizens.
2. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1268; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
I see 2 new features (nfc , finger print scanner)
3 new improvements (128GB option,A7cpu,12mp/8mp camera)
and 2 features that i wont call it a feature (gold color,price)
but i am hoping to see more improvements like siri,and iOS 7 itself is a big improvement,etc
20. drnggaj33 (Posts: 127; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
so ppl are gonna pay 400$ for a 128gb iph....all the features are not great its simple upgrades ...plus ios7 just copied andriod anyway
65. LiquidGalaxy (Posts: 325; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Copied Android? Strange then that an iOS7 app was number 2 in the Google Play charts for quite some time after it was announced...
59. AnTuTu (Posts: 1571; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Same old crap in another year and thanks for adding S for specifying it which means Same.
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 18381; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No Mxy they're shutting up, and taking MY money lol.
85. bucky (Posts: 2277; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Count me in as well. My 5 is absolutely amazing but I'm game for an upgrade.
I'm surprised with the amount of selfies that nobody has mentioned the front camera being an upgrade as well. A nice 5 megapixel would be great
57. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Thief will take your money. Then you'll shut up. Right?
72. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Next thing we here more itself will steal more golden iphones
82. darkkjedii (Posts: 18381; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
For crying out loud, will you please learn how to construct a sentence? "Next thing we here more itself will steal more golden iPhones" what the hell is that?
64. willard12 (Posts: 1406; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
I hope they hurry and take your money too. Apple will use that money to pay Samsung for the A7 chip, memory, and some of the screens. Samsung will then use that money to create an S5 thats light years more advanced than the 5s.
66. LiquidGalaxy (Posts: 325; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
But still have the same crappy unoptimized Android OS with its awful Google Play Store, and layers of touchWiz crap that nobody uses taking up half the storage space. You're welcome..
70. ama3654 (Posts: 295; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
Yeah that's why its outselling the iPhone with huge margins, your claims is baseless...Touchwiz is grand years ahead of iOS in terms of functionality and even simplicity believe it or not.
86. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Outselling the iPhone??? Only in your wet dreams! Even last years model is kicking SGS4's ass! Buy copied n cheap ass samsung products and enjoy the crappiness while we enjoy quality!
88. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2367; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Actually Samsung is selling more phones worldwide than Apple is. Even looking at just the highend market (S and Note series), Samsung outsells Iphone worldwide.
Which is quite the achievement, since there are a lot of android competitors but no iOS ones.
91. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Achievement is having 6 phones vs the world n still kicking ass. Achievement is dethroning Nokia with it's first phone ever. Copying everything and bombarding the market with useless variants in numbers of thousands of the same phone is no achievement bro!
100. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2367; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
That is no achievement, how many competitors have an iOS phone? None
Kicking Nokia of the throne is quite the achievement indeed. Like apple doesnt copy a lot of stuff lol.
And variants in the thousands? You do like to exaggerate quite a lot, don\'t you. They don\'t even need all those variants, just the top 6 of Galaxy/Note models kicks all the other brand ;)
93. xtian1103 (Posts: 363; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
shut up and take the money i can collect selling my galaxy s3!
5. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
NFC been out for 2 yrs not to mention finger sensor was on the Motorola Atrix 4g. 2011. Highly doubt theres a 128gb memory storage.
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 18381; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well the iPad has it, count on the 5S having too
33. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Needed more on a tablet than phone, my tablet is primarily a gaming platform that I surf the internet with. Hardly do either on my phone.
Who can afford a 128 gig iPhone?
62. E.N. (Posts: 2584; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
everyone knows that the fingerprint sensor on the Atrix sucked...
69. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
IG80 its \"too\" not \"to\" :p
94. xtian1103 (Posts: 363; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
how was the fingerprint sensor on the atrix behaved? how's the accuracy?
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 18381; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
128 gig white AT&T 5S, come to papa!!!
11. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1217; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Well it's official. Apple is out of ideas.
12. Sauce (unregistered)
Just like your comment lolol
18. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
You just proved that Joshing4fun is right.
23. Sauce (unregistered)
Indeed he is. It would be a lot more entertaining to see clever and original insults more often though ;)
26. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Where do you see insult in Joshing4fun comment?
36. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
claiming something is official when is not... not only is a lie but is trying to steal the thunder from the original announcement made by Apple
47. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
And since it is not official as you say, then you also can't say opposite.
14. J-LoTheGreat (Posts: 32; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
So, rumor says a DUAL LED flash, yet the 5S in the picture in GOLD only has a single flash.
24. darkkjedii (Posts: 18381; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That's why it's called a rumor...duhhh
61. Commentator (Posts: 3570; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
The gold one's flashy enough already!
...ha... ha... ha...
15. trixie (Posts: 14; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
I'll surely buy the iPad 5 bec my hubby uses my iPad 4 .i have plan buying 5s to replace my iPhone 5 if it will have atleast 5" screen but they always say the same as iPhone 5 :( too small ill go for SGnote 3
55. Leo_MC (Posts: 796; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
Get a Sony X9, the smallest screen is 55" in diagonal; maybe that's enough for you to use Facebook on...
16. piyath (Posts: 152; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
huh... Apple is going to mess around with people once more with a dumb phone. frawd
25. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
My Lumia 920 already has all of this, a bigger WXGA screen, and much more.. As much as I like iPhone hardware the iPhone seems to me to just be a passing fad, and just boring.. But, that's just my opinion... I'm sure this new iPhone will keep fans happy until the next one comes around..
60. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
For sure, iPhone 6 will be released early next year if this fails..
27. 1113douglas (Posts: 193; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
Hey, thats what I call NO INOVATION! I just heard the iphone 5 officially dropped to the 10th best smartphone on the market.