Apple iPhone 5S, 5C size comparison: David against the Android Goliath
0. phoneArena 10 Sep 2013, 15:53 posted on
Apple has just unveiled not one but two new iPhones - the ‘forward thinking’ iPhone 5S with top-shelf specs like a new 64-bit Apple A7 chip, better camera and fingerprint sensor…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9689; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Comparing the size of the iPhone 5S to the Z Ultra is hilarious lol.
16. AnTuTu (Posts: 1104; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
It would be like showing a Candle to Sun lolz
30. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
You know ... now that is a really dumb analogy.
35. akki20892 (Posts: 3749; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
nop, its like showing a
2. pokedude750 (Posts: 28; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
This is just getting stupid.
A COMPARISON EVERY 5 MINS.... In which the iPA Spec Sheet makes iPhone 5S and 5C look better than it is.
6. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
If you don't want to see Apple news, then why the hell did you go onto a mobile tech website on the day of a major Apple event? Get out of here. Nobody is making you click on these articles, stop complaining.
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9689; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The more articles they publish today, the more money they'll earn due to web traffic and advertisements. They're flooding 10+ articles an hour to make more money.
17. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
And they shouldn't make money because?
31. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
You explained the existing for phonearena.com. So why are you here?
3. apple4never (Posts: 1026; Member since: 08 May 2013)
lol the whole point of iphones are so that they fit in your pocket, and are single hand operation friendly unlike the z ultra barely fitting in your backpack and having to grasp it like my nexus 7
4. GeekMovement (Posts: 1871; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
iphone 5s smaller than xperia z ultra\'s screen size :D
12. E.N. (Posts: 2522; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
It\'s smaller than the iPad\'s screen size too
5. ocilfa (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Two portrait iphone screens with another horizontal one on top is the same size as the screen on the Z Ultra. Wow.
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6974; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
the Iphone 5s(Same). the size is underwhelming compare to the other handsets.
9. Sniggly (Posts: 7230; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Less known fact about David: he turned out to be an utter asshole as soon as he got into power. Just like Apple. Also, I don't think it was ever made clear what was so evil about Goliath.
41. Sniggly (Posts: 7230; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
In Apple's case Goliath would be Microsoft, as the two were at it long before Android and Apple. Most of the story of David is what happens after Goliath, in which, again, David ends up being a pretty big asshole.
10. Trex95 (Posts: 647; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
IPhone 5S 64 bit, Android phones/ phablet 32 bit nuff said.
11. av911 (Posts: 167; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Having 64-bit doesn't mean it has more useful features than other OS's.
What features do they offer that no one out there has or had?
13. RomeoJDR (Posts: 242; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
It means it has potential to run more advanced extensive apps. Regardless, by the time developers start developing apps requiring 64 bit processors you can bet nearly all Android phones will be equipped with it as well. Developers are not going to waste the resources to make apps that will be limited to only current gen iPhone users. Gotta give Apple some credit for being first to some sort of hardware improvement instead of gimmick after gimmick, even if the rest of the phone will be outdated before ever being able to take advantage of it.
24. av911 (Posts: 167; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
" Gotta give Apple some credit for being first to some sort of hardware improvement instead of gimmick after gimmick,"
- 8 cores isn't a hardware improvement?
- 4.7-5 inch phones with over 400ppi isn't a hardware improvement?
- 41 megapixel on a phone isn't a hardware improvement?
- 802.11ac isn't a hardware improvement?
- LTE-A isn't a hardware improvment?
I can go on. I'd rather have "gimmicks" than a stagnant OS.
32. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
So why did it take Apple to invent the modern day smartphone.
So why did it take Apple to introduce multi-touch on smartphones (that used to be dominated by using a stylus).
So why did it take Apple to introduce gorilla glass to the consumer electronics world.
So why did it take Apple to introduce retina display.
So why did it take Apple to emphasize aesthetics in consumer electronics world.
So why did it take Apple to emphasize simplicity and harmony in consumer electronics products.
Android OEMs are made up of a sh*tload of firms. Apple is just one company.
42. av911 (Posts: 167; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Not suprising, you and Apple are still living in 2007.
34. RomeoJDR (Posts: 242; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
I was referring to Apple's recent history of gimmick after gimmick.
37. Trex95 (Posts: 647; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
What useful feature you talking about it! you mean gimmick feature i shift Nexus devices cause of these gimmick features.
43. av911 (Posts: 167; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Nice grammar, did Siri help you out with that?
14. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Android phone octacore iPhone 5s dual core. Nuff said.
19. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Android still lags, iPhone doesnt. More than nuff said.
(and dont tell me it doesnt, im using Xperia S.)
20. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Any and all lag is caused by manufacturer and carrier overlays. My 2.5 year old galaxy nexus has absolutely no lag same as my s3 on cm10.2 and my new nexus 7. You should try cyanogenmod on your xperia
22. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
iPhone lags as well. Google or Bing it and you'll find tons of articles and forums about it. Only problem is WP and iUsers are stuck in the past with Android when they make their comparisons. Android has come a very long way, but it'll never get credit from the haters.
26. jacko1977 (Posts: 419; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
iPhone doesnt b.s it sure does at times
Android still lags b.s i had all flagship phones and yet to see lag i have i9500 and i9505 only once i seen i9505 lag and that was booting up while stating 3 apps
and not to say the is**t reboots and app crashes which the os don\'t let you know about
38. Trex95 (Posts: 647; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Octa core million core doesn't matter since the OS can't take the whole advantage of hardware. I'm thinking to buy the note 3 but after i saw a lot of hands on review i changed my mind cause still has a bit of LAG specially in phone book.
PS. Android in 2014 going to shift to 64 bit and 4gb ram so all these new Android phones nothing special except xperia z1.
15. RomeoJDR (Posts: 242; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
For a company who wins a lot of people over by design, it is kinda strange to see the massive bezels compared to the Moto, S4 and G2. The nearly edge to edge screen really goes a long way making a phone look sharp. HTC's work around was making it look like all screen at least with the power off.
21. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Moto X vs iPhone is the real comparison. If you look at both those phones, they are very close in size, until you look at the screens. In this day and age, there's no acceptable reason Apple is stuck on such a small screen. iPhone is large bezels and wasted space.
29. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Yes, I\'m most impressed with the Moto X among this set. The phone is definitely a triumph in the packaging department, bridging the gap between the tiny iPhones and the monster S4 and G2.
23. Kishin (Posts: 695; Member since: 30 May 2013)
The iphone loses all rounds in specs and size
The 5s only has a chance in Design
25. av911 (Posts: 167; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
You mean the great design in stretching out an iPhone 4?
28. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 220; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Can we get an comparison between the Nexus 4 and the iPhone 5S? That, in my opinion, would be the best comparison between Android, in all it's stock glory, and iOS.