Apple iPhone 5C outsells the Galaxy S4 in India?
0. phoneArena 26 Nov 2013, 09:37 posted on
The Indian smartphone market is no different than the international one, as the inital sales of the 'budget' iPhone 5C started poorly and not as good as Apple expected...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
18. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10406; Member since: 14 May 2012)
If the article is based on the sales from the last paragraph, this article is completely pointless.
25. MANGUELPR (unregistered)
who cares what you think Smurf...
33. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
I care what smurf think.. !! Be polite to other members!
get a life !
38. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10406; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You do since you replied to me.
Pot, meet kettle.
36. darkkjedii (Posts: 19136; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Ok, but just shouting out FALSE is also pointless. Post a link or something ya know.
45. donfem (Posts: 633; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Exactly. "Out of 10 we have three left" Minimal quantity to measure the overall sales.
27. rd_nest (Posts: 1575; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Your proof is the article. The source for such ridiculous article is "Rajesh Kumar, manager at multi-brand electronic store." The whole article on based on a statement that from a "manager at multi-brand electronic store"
And he ordered 10 units of Galaxy Note S4 and iPhone 5C in the whole month. You see they ordered 10 UNITS in whole month!! That must be a huge store that orders 10 units a month..
Wow! What more proof do you need?
40. saurik (Posts: 86; Member since: 13 May 2013)
Care to read the article at the source link and see for yourself. There's a whole lot more going on than a guy selling 10 5Cs and 7 S4s a month, lol.
44. Sauce (unregistered)
The real Saurik? Jay? Freeman?
55. ghaniosman (Posts: 78; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
wooh !! what a huge target at the 'multi-brand electronic store' with a huge target of 10 UNITS per MONTH..Great strategy ! keep it up!!
btw thanks PA for showing ur bias out of nothing
11. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
thats because Indians like to show of they are brand w***** thats what it is called.
29. iyngr (Posts: 72; Member since: 14 Jul 2013)
Not all but some do, there's a gap b/w some and many..
13. Finalflash (Posts: 2691; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Maybe, it did open with the line of "somewhat trustworthy sources" (which implies they aren't really trustworthy). Still it is possible because having lived in South Asia, they are all about status symbols, and one of those things is Apple (they have no rational reason for it other than you can't afford it but I can, it's vain but that's how it is). Plus they also try to copy Americans where ever possible for no good reason (watch a bollywood movie, although you'll probably live to regret that).
16. drkavint (Posts: 14; Member since: 27 Feb 2013)
samsung days with premium device are over.. grand and s4 looks nearly same.. why to pay 20k xtra.. look at xperia z1, htc ,they are unique.. all samsungs are plastic nd looks cheap like micromax...my friends with s3 are feeling shy to open s3 when travel bcoz people r asking is it micromax/ karbonn..
sony, htc, apple have their design of products accordingly with money.. none of samung device looks premium.. its sad that i had gifted s3 last year to my friend.. samsung ur no more premium, ur like cheap chineese brand....
32. joey_sfb (Posts: 5180; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
What's wrong with Chinese brand?
Take a look at Xiao Mi, I getting one.
22. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Haha , I would have believed if this news came from USA, this news is PURE false.
Apple is like a rare thing there.
It is just to create hype around 5C.
I hate indian shopkeepers behaviour ..when the indian online shopping websites like flipkart.com, snapdeal.com has grown hugely , the same news paper reported the nikon camera sold in those website are not covered by warranty and nikon has no partnership with those sites and all they want to make people loss in trust in those sites, because real shops can never provide the offers provided by online shops in india.
They use many cheap tactics , the above is just an example.
28. MANGUELPR (unregistered)
So you don't live there but you want to argue about if is false or not just adding that no one buy apple's there and they're a rare thing?
What a big argument you had boy lol.
41. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
hello iHater there's your proofhttp://tech.fortune.cnn.com/20
2. joey_sfb (Posts: 5180; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
So Galaxy S4 sold 7 out of 10 and Apple is a sold out. Congratulations Apple. Lol!
Let not forget people the shop brought in a total of 20 of S4 and iPhone 5c for the month. And Apple is a sold out!
4. amansingal14 (Posts: 309; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
lol, I live in India and have never seen anyone personally using a 5C, but 3 of my friends own a Sammy S4. This is all just a trick to boost sales, common in India. If the shopkeeper has a better margin on a device, they keep only one piece of it in display, compared to 4 or 5 pieces of compeing smartphones and claim that the former is selling more.
31. iyngr (Posts: 72; Member since: 14 Jul 2013)
Also the most Overpriced Smartphone (India) Yet.
5. ajac09 (Posts: 1480; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
iphonearena posting stuff based on one stores sales LOL
48. donfem (Posts: 633; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
More like apple being picked up after dropping.
9. aru2hot (Posts: 19; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
I have not seen even one Apple Iphone C in Chennai till now ... here it costs around 42000... no one would opt for it .. many will prefer the Iphone S rather than going for the Cheap version. . Comparing it to the sales of s4 is crazy !
14. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 973; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
This is a nice bit of news for the Samsung haters though, they really needed this after Samsungs quarterly results once again shut them up. :D
15. trickster_qc (Posts: 106; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
big deal! the S4 has been out for 8 months now and it have been selling very well worldwide with no price decrease and no incentive.
The iphone 5c has been out for a month now and it already needs incentive to sell well ( a 208$ incentive towards a 700$ phone, almost 30% of the original value.
Not surprising, but once again the article title is misleading...
17. drkavint (Posts: 14; Member since: 27 Feb 2013)
samsung s4 launched in india at 42,000 now at 32,000.. craze for samsung is over.. but they are still best at mid range and lower end... no more premium buyers....
63. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 408; Member since: 24 May 2011)
Lies. It launched for 40,000. My brother bought it on the 1st day of launch. And where is it 32,000. Simply telling anything doesn't make it true.
19. indiandragon (Posts: 5; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)
I’m from India, Apple is advertising 5C like hell in India ! I bought 5C from US, two days later Apple announced it here. The only reason I bought 5C was since iPhone 5S was not going to ship before my friend from US came to India and I had to finish a iOS project. It’s just 65 $ more than US price in India, but not worth loosing LTE band and warranty.
P.S I use nexus 4, there’s no way I can replace it with 5C. Even though I use a Mac, iOS ties my hands down.
20. kanagadeepan (Posts: 888; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
I am from India and I can say this news is cent percent FALSE... It makes me think that all iPhone news from PA are cooked up ones...
56. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
the source was Indian Express genius cent percent :/
57. mikelemon (Posts: 95; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
DUDE India has 1 billion people. You know all 1 billion?
21. taikucing (unregistered)
For a poor country like India, I know why iPhone 5C can outsell the S4. The people want to show off that they can afford a highly overpriced phone.
47. donfem (Posts: 633; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
By the way, how did you come to the decision of "a poor country like India"? So, if they are poor, do you think starvation is an option in exchange for 5c? Have you ever been to India?
64. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 408; Member since: 24 May 2011)
It's true what he said though. Some just want to show off. Saying that many of my friends have bought the ridiculously overpriced 5S but none is stupid enough to buy the 5C.
69. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Living room analysts in the west who has seen few national geographic clips.
26. sks1969 (Posts: 90; Member since: 04 Mar 2012)
This is not true, I have never seen people buy iphones 5* in india. I only see people buying the iphone 4*. After the Nokia come back I don't see people flocking to the Samsung (many were Nokia in the good old days :) )stores either. I see more Lumia 520's, it is a great winner in my country.
34. raghu67 (Posts: 26; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
i am from hyderabad, India..
i have not even once come across iphone 5c with any user here.
i saw people use iphone 4/4s, 5/5s but never a 5c..
galaxy s4 isn't even in a better state, i agree the design of samsung phones suckss..
galaxy grand, s3, s4 looks almost the same unless you observer them closely.
am using s4 and still there are some people asking me if i had put a new case to my old s3
but iphone 5c outselling s4 in india is as false as greenland being green & iceland being full of ice
58. mikelemon (Posts: 95; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
DUDE, there are 1 billion people in india. You know them all?
65. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 408; Member since: 24 May 2011)
No one buys the 5C....every one of my Indian friends are telling you that. Why is it so hard to understand?!
66. mikelemon (Posts: 95; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
Like I said 1 billion Indians and you know all of them don't have 5C. Why is it so hard to understand? You and your friends are less than .5% of the population
67. aru2hot (Posts: 19; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Yes so how many of ur friends have got iphone 5c ?
Please dont tel me u have seen more iphone 5c than Galaxy S4 !
37. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 791; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Such a stupid article. Based on one shop which has ordered 20 units & sold few of them? What nonsense PA?
I have not seen anybody with iPhone 5c. Out of my several friends, I have seen 3 with S4, one with Htc one, 3 with Nexus 4, 5 with S3, others with Sony & htc phones. . No where I have seen iPhone 5c. Im pretty sure that even after those exchange offers no one is buying 5C....
Do some research PA. Is this how you report anything about sales in US also? Going to a small shop & getting their sales.?
43. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
46. donfem (Posts: 633; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Which is why this site is known as "iphonearena"
59. verty (Posts: 121; Member since: 07 May 2012)
The writer of this article should be banned or fired from IPA(iphonearena). Overly pointless article. Try all you want an overpriced non developing small screened falsely premised iPhone cannot trump my beautiful richly featured ever developing big screened customer centric Sammy galaxy phones.
60. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Absolute nonsense. It is being advertised in newspapers as "Switch to Color" ... and yet no one pays attention. Micromax sells 6 times more than Apple here. It is as big a fail as it was in China.
Wow a multi brand electronic store and having only 10 pcs each? All lies :)
In addition, the author must know that he/she has no right to insult national flags.
68. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3696; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
False... You can't judge on a single stores' sales.
70. roscuthiii (Posts: 2117; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
If you can hear that whistling, it's the sound of the credibility of this site plummeting.