Apple iPhone 5 vs iPhone 4S vs iPhone 4 specs comparison
0. phoneArena 12 Sep 2012, 14:15 posted on
Today marked the most drastic change in the story of the Apple iPhone - its screen just got bigger! Granted, 3.5" was fine when we started in 2007, but as smartphones started to increasingly become our "window" to both work and play, the size of that window inevitably grew bigger, and Apple is now syncing in...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Savage (unregistered)
Wait, Quad core GPU or CPU?
10. e.wvu (unregistered)
I think GPU.... No way it has a Quad Core CPU. Lol. I think the A6 processor is just a dual core with twice the speed of the A5.
17. Savage (unregistered)
It just says quad core. So the specs aren't confirmed I guess.
20. e.wvu (unregistered)
We all know what is says. But I was just referring to what was said during the announcement, not the spec sheet listed above.
23. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
C'mon PhoneArena.com! Here is a link from PhoneArena.com:
You guys need to get it together. You guys have conflicting information. lol
27. Cacharoes (Posts: 17; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Better yet Here from Apple Itself
Though the A6 is not mentioned at all, you will have to beat that info out of someone.
28. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Well they haven't fixed it here on this article but on the other comparison article they fixed it.
Little by little PhoneArena.com. Baby steps. lol
29. DonkeySauce (Posts: 194; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
It's like the all new 2013 Camry... nice, but not impressive.
3. Mightymack (Posts: 74; Member since: 16 Jul 2010)
its smart for them to keep mentioning the new adapter too
18. hariprasath.j (unregistered)
they forgot to mention the new design of barcode on back of every iPhone box :p
25. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
To be honest, I'm really not impressed either because hardware-wise, it doesn't do anything new. If you compare it to the devices on the market, it isn't an obvious choice (like I was really hoping it would be), but its still a reasonable choice.
26. romeoc1984 (Posts: 24; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Yeah they basically added .5 of an inch and an updated processor that they are probably too embarrassed to release the clock speed, which is most likely outdated, and sadly called it an "Upgrade." SMH
30. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
I did say I wasn't amazed with the iPhone 5 (why again is it called the iPhone 5?) but I also think you guys are being way too excessive. A 4 inch screen is exactly what most people wanted, myself included. I'm pretty sure the A6 is a great processor (the A5X was solid) and keep in mind that the iPhone 4S was one of the fastest smartphones until the Droid Razr was announced, so I don't think embarrassment is a factor.
this is definitely a hard-ware upgrade. Does it smash the competition? No, plain and simple. Is it smashed by the competition? I don't think so either. I'm officially disappointed with 2012. Nothing's jumping out at me....and I've been out of contract for months, lol.
39. nsnk86 (Posts: 43; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
yup u r ryt E.N. 4inch screen wil do...... no need of huge screens...... btw i feel dis A6 chip wil really do justice, it will be fast enough for the current competition!!
42. cptbeatstix (Posts: 101; Member since: 19 Jul 2012)
This is why I just got the 4S, not worth spending an extra $100.
5. MATOZ (Posts: 74; Member since: 10 Aug 2011)
In what part of the Apple Event, they said; Quad-Core?
They Just said A6 processor, even in the official website is not stated.
14. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Allow me: 769MB (up from 768); now that's a true "upgrade".
32. true1984 (Posts: 823; Member since: 23 May 2012)
I think you mean 512, so thats 50% more RAM. Although, most high end smartphones have at least a GB, but whatever who needs multitasking right?...
8. drnggaj33 (Posts: 127; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
1g of ram and quad core that phone gonna crash ....they didnt put 2g ram smh ....again samsung nexus all day fuk iphone
12. sudbury78 (Posts: 136; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
go back to the classroom, cause you sound like one uneducated person.
34. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The iPhone doesn't need 2 GB RAM. It's UI is so simple and it doesn't have true multi-tasking, so it isn't really neccessary.
9. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
The radios are nice but I'm going to pass it up.
11. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Pretty clever of you to use a ¾ view of the new iPhone 5 this way we don't blatantly see how much different it is not; it's the same ole' phone with a new marketing campaign.
13. hariprasath.j (unregistered)
Looks like the small boy is growing taller year by year..