Apple iPhone 5 vs iPhone 4S vs iPhone 4 specs comparison
0. phoneArena posted on 12 Sep 2012, 14:15
Today marked the most drastic change in the story of the Apple iPhone - its screen just got bigger! Granted, 3.5" was fine when we started in 2007, but as smartphones started to increasingly become our "window" to both work and play, the size of that window inevitably grew bigger, and Apple is now syncing in...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
10. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 12 Sep 2012, 14:24 11 1
I think GPU.... No way it has a Quad Core CPU. Lol. I think the A6 processor is just a dual core with twice the speed of the A5.
17. Savage posted on 12 Sep 2012, 14:32 0 0
It just says quad core. So the specs aren't confirmed I guess.
20. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 12 Sep 2012, 14:38 1 0
We all know what is says. But I was just referring to what was said during the announcement, not the spec sheet listed above.
23. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 12 Sep 2012, 14:52 0 1
C'mon PhoneArena.com! Here is a link from PhoneArena.com:
You guys need to get it together. You guys have conflicting information. lol
27. Cacharoes posted on 12 Sep 2012, 15:01 1 0
Better yet Here from Apple Itself
Though the A6 is not mentioned at all, you will have to beat that info out of someone.
28. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 12 Sep 2012, 15:15 0 1
Well they haven't fixed it here on this article but on the other comparison article they fixed it.
Little by little PhoneArena.com. Baby steps. lol
29. DonkeySauce posted on 12 Sep 2012, 15:27 1 0
It's like the all new 2013 Camry... nice, but not impressive.
3. Mightymack posted on 12 Sep 2012, 14:18 5 0
its smart for them to keep mentioning the new adapter too
18. hariprasath.j posted on 12 Sep 2012, 14:32 0 0
they forgot to mention the new design of barcode on back of every iPhone box :p
25. E.N. posted on 12 Sep 2012, 14:54 1 1
To be honest, I'm really not impressed either because hardware-wise, it doesn't do anything new. If you compare it to the devices on the market, it isn't an obvious choice (like I was really hoping it would be), but its still a reasonable choice.
26. romeoc1984 posted on 12 Sep 2012, 14:58 0 0
Yeah they basically added .5 of an inch and an updated processor that they are probably too embarrassed to release the clock speed, which is most likely outdated, and sadly called it an "Upgrade." SMH
30. E.N. posted on 12 Sep 2012, 15:35 2 1
I did say I wasn't amazed with the iPhone 5 (why again is it called the iPhone 5?) but I also think you guys are being way too excessive. A 4 inch screen is exactly what most people wanted, myself included. I'm pretty sure the A6 is a great processor (the A5X was solid) and keep in mind that the iPhone 4S was one of the fastest smartphones until the Droid Razr was announced, so I don't think embarrassment is a factor.
this is definitely a hard-ware upgrade. Does it smash the competition? No, plain and simple. Is it smashed by the competition? I don't think so either. I'm officially disappointed with 2012. Nothing's jumping out at me....and I've been out of contract for months, lol.
39. nsnk86 posted on 13 Sep 2012, 19:26 0 0
yup u r ryt E.N. 4inch screen wil do...... no need of huge screens...... btw i feel dis A6 chip wil really do justice, it will be fast enough for the current competition!!
42. cptbeatstix posted on 14 Sep 2012, 15:18 0 0
This is why I just got the 4S, not worth spending an extra $100.
5. MATOZ posted on 12 Sep 2012, 14:20 5 1
In what part of the Apple Event, they said; Quad-Core?
They Just said A6 processor, even in the official website is not stated.
14. PAPINYC (limited) 4 days ago posted on 12 Sep 2012, 14:29 5 0
Allow me: 769MB (up from 768); now that's a true "upgrade".
32. true1984 posted on 12 Sep 2012, 16:09 0 0
I think you mean 512, so thats 50% more RAM. Although, most high end smartphones have at least a GB, but whatever who needs multitasking right?...
8. drnggaj33 posted on 12 Sep 2012, 14:22 5 5
1g of ram and quad core that phone gonna crash ....they didnt put 2g ram smh ....again samsung nexus all day fuk iphone
12. sudbury78 posted on 12 Sep 2012, 14:28 6 3
go back to the classroom, cause you sound like one uneducated person.
34. Berzerk000 posted on 12 Sep 2012, 20:02 0 0
The iPhone doesn't need 2 GB RAM. It's UI is so simple and it doesn't have true multi-tasking, so it isn't really neccessary.
9. squallz506 posted on 12 Sep 2012, 14:23 0 0
The radios are nice but I'm going to pass it up.
11. PAPINYC (limited) 4 days ago posted on 12 Sep 2012, 14:28 11 0
Pretty clever of you to use a ¾ view of the new iPhone 5 this way we don't blatantly see how much different it is not; it's the same ole' phone with a new marketing campaign.
13. hariprasath.j posted on 12 Sep 2012, 14:29 7 1
Looks like the small boy is growing taller year by year..
16. hariprasath.j posted on 12 Sep 2012, 14:30 3 1
"Today marked the most drastic change in the story of the Apple iPhone " .....
I was actually expecting it to be.....
"Today marked the most drastic change in the story of the SMARTPHONE world"
19. hariprasath.j posted on 12 Sep 2012, 14:37 3 0
iPhone5 is not tempting me to share it via facebook..
24. Quezdagreat posted on 12 Sep 2012, 14:53 0 0
My next phone. Not going to preorder, I'm going to try radio shack on release day
37. PapaSmurf posted on 13 Sep 2012, 11:11 0 0
If you have a 4S, you're wasting your money. Any model before it is worth the upgrade.
38. Quezdagreat posted on 13 Sep 2012, 11:58 0 0
im giving my 4s to my little brother. And im going to use his eligible upgrade to get the 5
31. lauremar posted on 12 Sep 2012, 15:44 0 0
And the countdown begins for the next Google Nexus Phones!!! I'm sure all of it will blow the iPhone 5 out of the water...
33. gazmatic posted on 12 Sep 2012, 18:25 2 1
not even world's thinnest smartphone... there is already a fullHD 1080p, 441ppi, jellybean, 5" and 6.65mm phablet out there... it also is five inches... #iFail
and apple says android copies lol
40. nsnk86 posted on 13 Sep 2012, 19:39 0 0
dude are you talking abt galaxy note2? if yes then you are wrong....
its 267ppi & 9.4mm......
43. gazmatic posted on 15 Sep 2012, 07:24 1 0
nope. oppo find5 ... world's first 1080p phone. why have fullHD display on a phone you ask? if this was on apple you would be gloating...
sucks that ip5 doesn't even have proper HD and has less ppi than the 4s
who would've thought that they would've lost the ppi wars to Nokia?
i didnt even see that coming.
36. Nikolas.Oliver (limited) 2 days ago posted on 13 Sep 2012, 06:34 0 2
it has a sapphire crystal lens ! REVOLUTIONARY
41. faizanshakyboy posted on 14 Sep 2012, 12:41 0 0
As one who has to manage several hundred iPhones and Androids... I'll take the SIII over the iPhone 5 everyday of the week and twice on Sundays. No competition. As a corporate device and in the mobile managemnet field, it isn't even close. Apple is a nightmare. Apple will not release vital API's for development. Want to make a GPS tracking location on Apple. Nope. Apple won't allow apps to auto start on restart. Know many employees who will choose to turn on their own tracking??? Google has a ways to grab the corporate brass ring the way RIM did, but they certainly are leaps and bounds ahead of Cupertino.