Apple iPhone 5 torn down: easy to repair, A6 chip and internals exposed
0. phoneArena 21 Sep 2012, 02:36 posted on
The Apple iPhone 5 is here and it’s about time it got torn down by the crafty gadget surgeons from iFixit…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
you know its bad when you do a review on a phone and the first thing you gotta talk about is how easy it is to "fix" it!! .........*face palm* ...EPIC FAIL
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
why do you hate iphone so much >.<
I really don't understand
5. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 14120; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude what is it with u and apple? Y do u hate apple/iPhone so much? Did u work there, and get canned or something? Did your girl dump u by the iPod display? I mean wow dude u really hate apple.
19. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
come off it mate, no need for this comment. so because apple isnt his fav choice there must be a petty reason like ''Did your girl dump u by the iPod display''
how about i ask you something as stupid like why do you always defend apple?have you fell in love with siri, is siri your girlfriend etc etc
see what i mean
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 14120; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Nope Siri is my wife of 15 years and we have 3 kids together.
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 14120; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
See what I mean I was joking, and can take a joke.
20. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4154; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I don't enjoy the constant bashing of Apple around here either, I feel it's kind of annoying and over-used, but Apple is just looking worse and worse by the day.
The blind fanatics
The "new" things that have been around for years
The unjust legal action
It's just stacking up. Soon, Apple will need to be bashed in the head by their consumers in order to wake up.
29. mikeswaggner (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Normally you'd be right, but the video is from ifixit, so it's kind of there thing.....
2. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4154; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
It's nice Apple made the screen easier to replace, and replaced the back with metal instead of glass, because those are the 2 things that needed replacing the most on the 4 and 4S. Any word on what kind of glass they used on the front? Gorilla Glass 2, or are they using some "scratch-resistant" glass that doesn't do anything?
7. tiara6918 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Easy to repair and very easy to break...
8. rihel_95 (Posts: 264; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Did it work after assembling all the pieces back together?
26. dasqwer (Posts: 5; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
easy to repair = less downtime
whehter i repair it or send it for repair i dont have to wait for long to be back on track
27. marcus_devera (Posts: 3; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
just stretch the iphone4...thats it u have now iphone5 in a instant...lol
28. Miquel_1987 (Posts: 21; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
The build quality of the Iphone 5 has been improved. I was suprised when i saw the drop test. I give apple credit for that, knowing the history of the Iphone 4/4S duribility. But still no Iphone for me. Why.....? well I am waiting for IOS 7.