Apple iPhone 5 to launch in China at year-end?
one more regulatory issue that needs to be signed off before China becomes the next country to experience the larger 4 inch screen on the Apple iPhone 5. The actual launch will take place later this month or early next month.
Of the three major carriers in the country, China Telecom is the smallest. The world's largest carrier, China Mobile, has a proprietary 3G network which has prevented the carrier from selling the iPhone, although there have been various rumors over the the last few years about adding the phone to the mobile operator's lineup. The last time the issue was brought up was in May when there was speculation that Apple and China Mobile were in talks to offer the phone to the carrier's large number of customers, but even back then it appeared that nothing would be announced before the end of this year. Since the Apple iPhone is not compatible with China Mobile's 3G signal, the carrier hopes that when it starts rolling out 4G that it will be able to offer the device.
source: WSJ via BGR
1. Insignificant (Posts: 184; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
China should ban it immediately citing claims the USA wants to spy on China, and then let's see how the USA likes it when it happens to them...
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
China here I come :)
6. Droiddoes (unregistered)
O....k? So you would trade freedom and basic human rights for a shiny, overrated, underwhelming, glitchy mess of a phone?
This right here. This is why you get ridiculed.
8. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
shes just playing bro.......learn to over look her or you will continue to get frustrated at her comments, trust me i know.....lol
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 8885; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You couldn't have said it better man +1
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 8885; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Mine isn't glitchy at all. Neither is my one x for that matter
4. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
when will the 4th most populated country get the latest iGadgets seriously
11. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
indonesia is the 4th most populated country. samsung and HTC launche their phones really quickly here but i don't know why apple launches their products really slow here.
singapore is only 1.5 hours away by flight and they have the first batch of everytime iGadget launched
17. Nicholas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 16; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
indonesia ? lol i live there too, it's because indonesians love blackberry ! blackberry is selling like a hot cake here, that's why im always bashing bb :)
21. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
well yeah, but it is funny how indonesians glorify iPhone, when many of them have $600 BB 9900, only around $100 difference with iPhone
5. Credo (Posts: 657; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I hope the Chinese guys over there are smart enough not to buy one
7. PAPINYC (Posts: 1953; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Why would people in China buy this if they can go out to the nearest corner and buy a $5 knock-off, along with some Lo Mein.
12. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
well, most chinese has that sense of proud whenever they are using apple products because apple is considered expensive in countries where people buy their phones w/o contract
13. Sniggly (Posts: 6400; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Good. Maybe finally those f**king resellers will stop trying to come in and buy up our inventory of 5s just so they can resell them back in China.
14. KIANO (Posts: 67; Member since: 13 Feb 2011)
The battle for market-share from Android in China continues...
15. amiaq (Posts: 314; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Then the Chinese will realize how restricted iOS is
16. matrix_neo (Posts: 307; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Why do they have to buy a phone with restrictive os while living in a restrictive freedom? Definitely it will make their lives more miserable. I hope Chinese people will realize it before buying expensive Iphone.
20. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
It is available in India and i laugh everytime is see TV promos showing of "Panorama" feature ... crap don't they have anything elwse to show off as a feature :D