Apple iPhone 5 prototype allegedly had NFC, last minute speculation says final device might too
Apple developer Will Strafach however doesn’t agree and says it’s too early to write the NFC chip off the list.
all of you annoying doubters of a certain technology being present in the new iPhone, all I will say is: gpio12. I have no way of knowing what will be in the production models, but there would be no reason to remove a major technology that was in an EVT
clarification: N42AP had NFC. I am assuming that if that's CDMA and N41AP is GSM, they both will have it. no reason for just CDMA to. People don't understand other uses, which is quite annoying. much more than just payments.
N42AP here stands for one of the earlier iPhone 5 prototypes. We don’t know whether that’s good enough of an evidence, but it certainly adds some more drama to what seems to be an announcement that everyone thinks Apple won’t surprise. Let’s see - it all start in just around two hours.
source: @chronic via iMore
1. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3427; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Where have I seen that before, ohh yes the Samsung Nexus S from 2010. lol
3. TediT (Posts: 36; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Apple is all about innovation nowadays right??? heh
6. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3427; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yeah there is word that Apple is going to patent NFC also.
I guess that constitutes innovation. lol
+1 to both of you.
13. FranksGT (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
I wanna see them try. They will be so screwed. They will have Google hard.
10. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 154; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
nokia is the first to make nfc technology
16. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 253; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
And Samsung will be sued over it. Clearly, Samsung has blatantly and deliberately copied something that Apple would eventually get around to inventing.
18. gallitoking (Posts: 4623; Member since: 17 May 2011)
glad all the haters are in a good mood.. I am super exited... see Apple fan boys do let the fandroids take shots at Apple because bottom line we are happy and nothing changes that. fandroids on the other hand get all sensitive and personal when Android is verbally attack... 45% satisfaction I can see why..
19. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
i thought u was smart and clever galli?
22. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4579; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Your days? But you are not a girl... ? WTF, gallito ? :D
2. dil2abu (Posts: 112; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Even NFC will be limited on Sharing files.. Only Iphone to Iphone transfer will be available as they did with Bluetooth I guess...
11. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
for that also you will need an add on app i guess
5. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 799; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Yawn. . . gotta sleep I'll check a bit later after 8hrs of good sleep. . . I'm hoping that the iPhone4s event wont make a De Ja Vu this time around.
7. Quezdagreat (Posts: 378; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
I sorry phonearena I am getting tired of your site. everytime I get on here all I am seeing is the same repetitive apple bashers and their pathetic sarcastic jokes.
I swear there has not been a single apple article where these los*rs aren't comparing androids to apple.
14. FranksGT (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
Go make your own site sissy. All i see you do is bash androids. Get a life bro. You cant take the heat and then you go cry.
17. Quezdagreat (Posts: 378; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
what have I said about android? you f*gg*ts are the one that need a life what does bashing a cellphone gets you nothing.
So you can go shove that s3 right up your as*
20. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
there all tryin to make you realise and enjoy the freedom of mobile using experience. its called LINUX, not prison os. so please you should have the rights to serande.
8. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Samsung is watching if iPhone 5 supported LTE before filing a lawsuit on LTE patent.
9. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Oh my god!!!! Let me put my glases on. This is too innovative!
15. raphael007 (Posts: 43; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
Oooooo mmmmyyyyyy GGGGGooood who would have thought NFC Apple's done it again ! Now I wonder what else could be next I hope to still be around when they come arounf with the next big thing widgets would be nice