Apple iPhone 5 is a hot seller on the Gaza Strip
0. phoneArena 15 Oct 2012, 13:06 posted on
Despite Israel's reputation as a high-tech mecca in the Middle East, it is the poverty stricken area of the Gaza Strip that has become the area in the region where the Apple iPhone 5 can be found, amid the poverty and the war-torn buildings...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. raphael007 (Posts: 43; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
nonsense, that is all that it is, I wonder what they will feel like once they realized it is the same apple iphone 4s in a different casing.....SMH
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 16299; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
If The casing is different then it's not the same Einstein
30. Republican (Posts: 99; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
It's a much superior phone to anything else out there. Even Google failed and made poor copies of it.
31. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
Omg your right!!! Its totally the same. Cant believe nobody noticed that! Im gonna list my iPhone 4S as an iPhone 5 on ebay for $1000!
2. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
"the new Apple mapping application for iOS 6 incorrectly does not list Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, and the built-in World Clock app shows Jerusalem as a city that doesn't belong to a country."
so much for apple maps lol
27. muhsen (Posts: 277; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
again that's not apple's fault,that's the same case in nokia maps and google maps. just head to ur maps app (google or nokia;whatever handset u use) and u'll find that's the norm so stop making buzz out of nothing
btw i am not a pro apple or an apple fan and never owned an apple device,not a macbook not an ipod not an iphone not an ipad
all i use and used is symbian and android currently 603 and galaxy s3!
but right is right, so it must be mentioned
3. loli5 (Posts: 76; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Cool. This is a country that is constantly on the brink of invasion/full out war/nuclear holocaust, but at least they have iphones!
17. takay0 (Posts: 144; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
umm bascly you speak without knowlegg... i know gazza just lil more than you.. they live fine in gaza...
35. loli5 (Posts: 76; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
If by 'fine' you mean they have adapted to daily violence and racism, then yeah I guess they are.
4. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1486; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Because iPhones have a property to explode they can be used as frag grenades too
5. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
one of the dealer had sold 20 out of 30 iphones. lol title of this article sounds more like sarcasm by calling ip5 a hot seller.
6. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Well... I heard they needed bricks.
8. Insignificant (Posts: 192; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Never thought that phonearena was a propaganda site for Israel too, implying that the people of Gaza are fairly well off if they can afford even more overpriced iPhones than usual.
39. ibap (Posts: 733; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
Yep, the ones skimming the aid and keeping it for themselves are doing very well indeed. Not only that, it must be making them stupid to pay this much for this phone.
9. zheking (Posts: 28; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
My friend just bought his from Dubai it was 32 gb for 1600 $
10. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
not surprise by this.. if you dont have an iphone.. well you dont have an iphone... for some people thismeans alot..
12. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
by some people you mean yourself, taco and darkjeddi lol .. just kiddin..
15. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
that made me laugh because I imagine all 3 of us in line waiting happily for the iphone and just improved my Monday.. cool...
16. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
lol +1 for you again
57. aahmed215 (Posts: 137; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
Most countries don't recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital. Just typical Israelies complaining about facts.
86. Mohamed_Abdulkareem (Posts: 45; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Israel is a pure terrorist evil country.