Apple iPhone 5 is a hot seller on the Gaza Strip
Moving to a totally un-related story from the Middle East, it turns out that Apple Maps has done it again. Israel's Maariv newspaper last week reported that the new Apple mapping application for iOS 6 incorrectly does not list Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, and the built-in World Clock app shows Jerusalem as a city that doesn't belong to a country.
1. raphael007 posted on 15 Oct 2012, 13:13 11 5
nonsense, that is all that it is, I wonder what they will feel like once they realized it is the same apple iphone 4s in a different casing.....SMH
18. darkkjedii posted on 15 Oct 2012, 15:01 2 7
If The casing is different then it's not the same Einstein
30. Republican posted on 15 Oct 2012, 16:36 3 12
It's a much superior phone to anything else out there. Even Google failed and made poor copies of it.
31. 305Bucko posted on 15 Oct 2012, 16:48 2 5
Omg your right!!! Its totally the same. Cant believe nobody noticed that! Im gonna list my iPhone 4S as an iPhone 5 on ebay for $1000!
2. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 15 Oct 2012, 13:31 6 3
"the new Apple mapping application for iOS 6 incorrectly does not list Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, and the built-in World Clock app shows Jerusalem as a city that doesn't belong to a country."
so much for apple maps lol
27. muhsen posted on 15 Oct 2012, 15:57 1 4
again that's not apple's fault,that's the same case in nokia maps and google maps. just head to ur maps app (google or nokia;whatever handset u use) and u'll find that's the norm so stop making buzz out of nothing
btw i am not a pro apple or an apple fan and never owned an apple device,not a macbook not an ipod not an iphone not an ipad
all i use and used is symbian and android currently 603 and galaxy s3!
but right is right, so it must be mentioned
41. Mohamed_Abdulkareem posted on 16 Oct 2012, 01:16 3 0
Apple is right simply because Jerusalem was occupied by Israel in 1967. and it is the capital of free Palestine. read the history first.
3. loli5 posted on 15 Oct 2012, 13:36 3 2
Cool. This is a country that is constantly on the brink of invasion/full out war/nuclear holocaust, but at least they have iphones!
17. takay0 posted on 15 Oct 2012, 15:01 0 4
umm bascly you speak without knowlegg... i know gazza just lil more than you.. they live fine in gaza...
35. loli5 posted on 15 Oct 2012, 19:48 4 0
If by 'fine' you mean they have adapted to daily violence and racism, then yeah I guess they are.
37. ibap posted on 15 Oct 2012, 21:43 0 2
You are swallowing too much Palestinian propaganda. There are some living in very poor situations, but the ones skimming the aid are doing very well for themselves.
50. takay0 posted on 16 Oct 2012, 07:04 1 1
you right they is placeds that they are very poor... and there is places they are very rich... the beach in gazza is amazing.. there is an university is gazza.. like every where there is rich places and poor
4. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 15 Oct 2012, 13:39 10 1
Because iPhones have a property to explode they can be used as frag grenades too
5. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 15 Oct 2012, 13:40 6 0
one of the dealer had sold 20 out of 30 iphones. lol title of this article sounds more like sarcasm by calling ip5 a hot seller.
8. Insignificant posted on 15 Oct 2012, 13:48 7 1
Never thought that phonearena was a propaganda site for Israel too, implying that the people of Gaza are fairly well off if they can afford even more overpriced iPhones than usual.
39. ibap posted on 15 Oct 2012, 21:46 0 0
Yep, the ones skimming the aid and keeping it for themselves are doing very well indeed. Not only that, it must be making them stupid to pay this much for this phone.
9. zheking posted on 15 Oct 2012, 13:52 2 0
My friend just bought his from Dubai it was 32 gb for 1600 $
10. gallitoking posted on 15 Oct 2012, 14:04 1 2
not surprise by this.. if you dont have an iphone.. well you dont have an iphone... for some people thismeans alot..
12. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 15 Oct 2012, 14:43 2 0
by some people you mean yourself, taco and darkjeddi lol .. just kiddin..
15. gallitoking posted on 15 Oct 2012, 14:53 1 2
that made me laugh because I imagine all 3 of us in line waiting happily for the iphone and just improved my Monday.. cool...
16. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 15 Oct 2012, 14:54 0 1
lol +1 for you again
57. aahmed215 posted on 16 Oct 2012, 13:22 2 0
Most countries don't recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital. Just typical Israelies complaining about facts.
86. Mohamed_Abdulkareem posted on 15 Nov 2012, 07:40 0 0
Israel is a pure terrorist evil country.