Apple iPhone 5 event liveblogs
0. phoneArena posted on 04 Oct 2011, 11:27
Here's your one-stop shop, if you're searching for liveblogs covering Apple's iPhone 5 announcement...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. eagerly awaiting ios 5! (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 11:55 24 2
i hope it has ice cream sandwich.
2. AreYouKiddingMe (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 11:58 1 8
4. TMobileRep_52_SwaaaG posted on 04 Oct 2011, 11:59 3 0
hahaha ^^ Winner second, u take life too seriously, grow up
5. kshell1 (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 12:00 5 2
idc what kind of iphone it is. i hate the iphone, ios, and any apple product. slow outdated, etc. i prefer my kyocera echo android or htc evo 4g over the iphone any day
22. firstname.lastname@example.org (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 12:37 2 1
you also have sprint too you moron
35. Rugrat (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 12:59 1 0
Then what are you doing here moron?
7. mike (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 12:01 1 3
i hope steve jobs gets naked and danced with the new iphone
8. 32767 (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 12:02 0 0
9. unregistered (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 12:03 0 0
Yeah after the gingerbeard man loses his job!
10. TMobileRep_52_SwaaaG posted on 04 Oct 2011, 12:07 5 1
I dont care if you hate or love Apple, you have to give them respect. No other phone gets this kind of promoting, anticipation, and no other company tries to market so much to get you so excited for it. the closest phone Ive seen so far for the amount of anticipation was the Galaxy S II. Apple's marketing is very impressive i must say.
40. rizzay posted on 04 Oct 2011, 13:10 0 0
Yea I agree on Apple's MARKETING. They no longer hold the title for best phone since Android stepped in the picture cuz Android can do whatever apple can do plus more.
12. grroos (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 12:07 1 0
13. funny man (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 12:10 0 0
Is steve willy wonka and is apple the old factory, hummm?
14. 32767 (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 12:13 0 0
17. Alantef posted on 04 Oct 2011, 12:27 0 0
iOS is now the number one mobile operating system?????? dont think so apple.....
23. remixfa posted on 04 Oct 2011, 12:38 2 0
how is that possble when android has nearly DOUBLE the world wide OS share of iOS? stupid ibot.. lol
25. Forsaken77 posted on 04 Oct 2011, 12:44 0 0
Because you have to take iPods and iPads into account also, not just the phone.
26. Sniggly posted on 04 Oct 2011, 12:44 1 0
Because Apple is being disingenuous as usual. They're counting ALL mobile devices using iOS, including phones, MP3 players, and tablets.
34. taco50 (banned) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 12:58 0 3
But it's fair to compare 50 android phones to 2 iPhones right? Stupid droidbot
36. Sniggly posted on 04 Oct 2011, 13:00 1 0
Because they're ALL IN THE SAME COMPETING f**kING MARKET.
How many times must this be explained to you? Phones compete against phones, but MP3 players DO NOT COMPETE AGAINST PHONES OR TABLETS.
Btw, still believe that 52 percent of Android users want to switch to the iPhone 5?
38. LionStone posted on 04 Oct 2011, 13:04 0 0
yea, the two phones is a fault of apple, just like only having it available on at&t in the beginning. Oh look, more choices are coming, and on more carriers! Brilliant!
45. cc (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 13:23 2 0
Dude, I used to think you were just dumb but now i'm starting to believe maybe you should see a doctor about having that tumor removed from your brain.
taco has to be the dumbest motherf**ker on this whole site.
29. Tmachaveli posted on 04 Oct 2011, 12:50 0 0
that's a lie and they know it..that's why ppl hate apple
46. taco50 (banned) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 13:31 0 3
Nope it's the truth. Sorry but not liking a FACT doesn't make it a lie.
20. ZayZay posted on 04 Oct 2011, 12:34 0 0
They just announce pull down notifications like android and a bbm like service for ios! And why are they suing for patent infrigment? This is why I don't like them.
21. Tmachaveli posted on 04 Oct 2011, 12:36 0 0
Im happy its coming to sprint the enemy of my enemy.......
27. Mooooo posted on 04 Oct 2011, 12:45 0 0
Sprint I have had bad experiences in the past with them. I had one of the first internet phones it was a qualcomm and the service and phone was horrible and expensive.
28. Sniggly posted on 04 Oct 2011, 12:50 0 0
Tracking the live blog on Engadget...when it isn't down due to server overload, that is. *rolls eyes*
31. Sniggly posted on 04 Oct 2011, 12:56 0 0
iPhone 4S confirmed, physically the same but with an A5 chip.
32. neptune.joel posted on 04 Oct 2011, 12:57 2 0
apple fail.... "Design is the same." (Iphone 4s) ... no new ipod touch...... no ipad.... FAIL
44. remixfa posted on 04 Oct 2011, 13:21 0 0
that will be the "1 more thing".. save it for the last.
37. seadooxp (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 13:02 0 0
iPhone 4S = EPIC FAIL !!!
42. networkdood posted on 04 Oct 2011, 13:19 1 0
So, that was it - the iphone 4S?? The features and improvements?? Been done already...So, basically, as a captivate user it is not leaps and bounds ahead of my phone, but the processor does interest me on the 4S....so, if I get a SGSII, then that will take care of that...all other 'new' stuff on iphone 4S I laugh at...but, for the iphone users they will enjoy what Android users already have.
43. Sniggly posted on 04 Oct 2011, 13:20 1 0
But...but...but...it takes pictures faster! And has notifications that don't suck! And a more understanding voice command feature!
Don't you want it?!
47. lollercaust (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 13:31 0 0
it really doesn't take pictures faster...my bionic can go from locked with screen off to a picture taken in under 1sec. custom theme with camera access on lock screen is nice.
49. Sniggly posted on 04 Oct 2011, 13:35 0 0
lol, I figured they were being disingenuous again. I was being sarcastic myself.
48. taco50 (banned) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 13:34 0 3
And it will outsell every android phone. Watch the record sales on launch weekend.
50. Sniggly posted on 04 Oct 2011, 13:37 1 0
You say that as if it's a good thing.
55. networkdood posted on 04 Oct 2011, 14:16 1 0
Taco, the sad thing is that you are probably correct. In America it is all about what is popular, cool, the latest trend. But, I could care less. My wife will get one soon, but I am happy with my Android and will go for the NOTE when it arrives. And, she will be happy with her 4S, and it will be a good fine...dual-core?? Awesome for playing games....fast UI. The other stuff, I have or do not care about.
52. remixfa posted on 04 Oct 2011, 13:47 1 0
THATS IT!?!?!?!? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Ok, Miz, Taco.. Gallito.. and Gemini. Front and center.
Now, tell me how apple is "changing the game again" and how the iphone4s is going to "dominate android and take over 1st place in market share" with great new additions like..
being able to send snail mail from the phone
and voice commands!!
53. LionStone posted on 04 Oct 2011, 13:47 0 0
LOL! Amazing! $400. for a phone that plays catch up...this changes everything...in your wallet! They sure know how to sugar coat that little thing.
54. Allday28 posted on 04 Oct 2011, 13:48 0 0
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! They waited this long for this!!!!!! Talk about a epic fail.. Nexus Prime, vigor or Razr here I come...
56. AZ Ranger (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 14:38 0 0
i just lost my woody for the iPhones!!!!!!
57. Mube1 posted on 04 Oct 2011, 20:09 0 0
3.5 inch is very small I think 4 inch wud b perfect.apple come on look like u are very behind now as compare to others products
58. lolwut (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 18:00 0 0
might wanna change the title, iPhone 5 is misleading
59. BHonest (unregistered) posted on 07 Oct 2011, 12:36 0 0
Copying and pasting on Android is tedious.(plus no magnifier to clearly see past fingers). iPhone; no micro sd and everything locked in Apple/ iTunes(no saving or sharing). No Android camera can get anywhere near iPhone pixel count (incl. Galaxy S II and upcoming Nexus II Prime). iPhone; No "Back" button. must completely exit application and restart, grrrrr (speed means nothing if you have to go through tedious extra steps; as in Droid's copy/paste fiasco). Android; screen size, screen size, screen size(Duh, Apple).
60. BHonest (unregistered) posted on 07 Oct 2011, 13:04 0 0
Conclusion: Will probably get iPhone 4s for wife and Nexus Prime for myself, which I'll supplement w/ my old iPhone 1st gen on wifi (it's better on certain things such as onboard stock app)
61. thekai12 posted on 09 Oct 2011, 07:15 0 0
android fans are spamming this page for a good reason apple fan boys apple is stupid they use ideas from other companies and microsoft helped apple to start they should never have don that