Apple iPhone 5 and 4S are the Q4 bestsellers, followed by the Samsung Galaxy S III
0. phoneArena 20 Feb 2013, 05:31 posted on
Research firm Strategy Analytics finished its fourth quarter global smartphone sales calculations, and, as usual in the last quarter of recent years, Apple's iPhone took the lead...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. lee480 (Posts: 141; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
It's Sony's turn soon. Lol To HTC fanboys.
4. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1119; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
so now Sony has a patent for Aluminuim unibodoes ?
16. PunyPoop (Posts: 506; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
HTC, you should've placed the beats audio right at the bottom, then... PERFECT! LOL! I'm sorry this is all about iphone right? LOL
17. PunyPoop (Posts: 506; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Oh edit. how about the beats logo same as the sony green logo is placed then htc at the bottome?? ROFL!
48. ardent1 (Posts: 1864; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Since the iPhone 5 was almost outselling the S3 by a 2 to 1 ratio for the latest quarter, it doesn't look good for Sony or HTC.
Keep in mind, the carriers were discounting the S3 meaning the iPhone 5 is doing great.
2. hateftotti (Posts: 114; Member since: 03 May 2011)
18+15.4 SIII = 6+27.4 Iphone 5 = 33.4 million for both of them
So with these numbers S4 will definitely out sell iphone5s/6
7. edgabimbam (unregistered)
Emmm iphone5 was released later than s3, so your calculation isnt right, because s3 had more time in Q3 for selling than iphone5
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 7791; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
And how will that benefit u? How much will your check be from Samsung? Answer: it wont and 0
27. taz89 (Posts: 1770; Member since: 03 May 2011)
I know I love it when fanboys of companies like apple or samsung( am sure other fanboys would if "there" company sold as much) go on about sales or how well x company is doing etc etc as if its going to make them rich or something...I have the s3 and sure am glad its doing well cause to me it means I made good decision and plenty agree with me.
32. quakan (Posts: 990; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
You should just be happy with your purchase. Others buying the same phone as me has never made me feel more validated that I made a good purchase.
33. taz89 (Posts: 1770; Member since: 03 May 2011)
True but as humans sometimes we want validation... I was happy with my s2 s3 even before they sold 10s of millions...for me when I see sales it's more knowing the device is good rather than validation.
40. number29 (Posts: 82; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
That still sounds like you're looking for validation. YOU decide whether a device is good or not, not how many are sold.
42. taz89 (Posts: 1770; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Like I said we as humans like validation when we buy a new TV we asked people do you like it or if you buy a jacket and ask if its nice that's all asking for validation whether your choice or taste is good
3. MrJerry (Posts: 366; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
Where is L920 which is the best smartphone of 2012?
I only guess the article says "others" because the best one of them are not even close to GS3??? lol
5. sun0066 (Posts: 59; Member since: 12 Feb 2011)
it is not about the best phone but about the most sold, phone is not about build quality anymore it is about lot of things quality, battery, display , specs , memory and ecosystem ( apps ) etc
6. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1119; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
yea..its like saying how many cars are sold ...majority goes to toyota..while the best ones like BMW ,Mercs are few
9. MrJerry (Posts: 366; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
You are right
But bmw n benz cars are f**king expensive whereas nokia is the price of s**t compared to them lol
10. MrJerry (Posts: 366; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
So you meant people keep buying toyota even if they can afford to buy bmw n benz cars with same price..
Then world seems to crazy to u huh? :)
46. SleepingOz (Posts: 2013; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
For much cheaper I would say!
But +1 for this wonderful comment! hahah..
13. MrJerry (Posts: 366; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
All you said is right
But as long as i know people are always smarter than i thought
So i consider most sold = best product
If the gap between most sold and others is mere amount, i should consider others as well. But if it is like 100mils vs 5mils, i dont waste of my time
Am i too realistic or not a dumb? or Nokia cults just cant accept the truth?
14. MrJerry (Posts: 366; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
There is one thing i realized why many people started hating apple: ifan
So you should know that what you are all doing here actually disgraces your beloved apple
11. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Fool the consumer once - shame on Apple.
Fool the consumer twice - shame on them.
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 7791; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
C'mon secret apple fan. U know you're rejoicing lol
25. Commentator (Posts: 1874; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Well, why else would he have a lower-case "i" in his name?!
18. lyndon420 (Posts: 1359; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
And yet Google has way more market share and their stocks are currently almost twice as valuable as apple's. But I get it...apple needs all the help it can get these days to stay relevant so any press is good press for them.
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 7791; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
C'mon Lyndon don't b the typical android fan dude. If it was the other way around you'd b all smiles, just give a little credit bro. After all these are just phones. Unless u work for google apple, or Samsung how does it really benefit you as far as who sold the most?
31. lyndon420 (Posts: 1359; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
What do you mean dark? I'm legitimately concerned for apple...they need help and I'm just trying to raise awareness for the cause.
34. ilia1986 (unregistered)
What they need is bankruptcy.
37. lyndon420 (Posts: 1359; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Absolutely. There's no other company in the world that I want to see get ahead.
I'm starting a collection plate as we speak.
39. darkkjedii (Posts: 7791; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lmao the #1 or 2 most valuable company in the world needs a collection plate. That's funny
41. number29 (Posts: 82; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
I don't think you need to be concerned for Apple since they seem to be doing more than an adequate job without it. The companies you need to be concerned about are those with tanking profits who desperately need to turn things around to attract customers and profits. I'm thinking of Nokia, HTC, Blackberry etc.
26. Commentator (Posts: 1874; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
And yet Apple's market cap is 431.96B compared to Google's at 265.99B, valuing Apple at around $165,970,000,000 more than Google. Single stock prices are irrelevant in total company valuation.
49. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Apple has been around longer than Google, and Apple has 400 stores around the world. Of course their market cap is higher. It's not like Apple and Google opened up shop at the same time. Apple was the hype for the longest time. They developed a cult following, but now the hype is dying.
Someone always comes along, steals the crown, and dethrowns the king.........................because the current king sucks and change is needed. Google is the new King.
Btw, Commentator, look at the volume.
Avg Vol (3m):
Avg Vol (3m):
Do the math and factor in time of existence.
50. Commentator (Posts: 1874; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I'm not saying Google isn't in a favorable position right now, and I do believe that they will close the gap on Apple fairly quickly over the next year or so. I was pointing out that Lyndon's original analysis held little water. But you're right, Google is rising and Apple has been stagnant of late.
24. loveralone2004 (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)
I guess the real test to all these phones is in USA... Because all prime phones are sold at the same price tag with 2 yr contract which is 199.99...so at this point price point factor is taken out and consumer primarily focuses on the product features, ecosystem of apps, reliability and of course speed....and we have seen exactly how US market is trending towards iOS devices which answers the questions
36. gallitoking (Posts: 4571; Member since: 17 May 2011)
this result doesn't surprise me as the owners of the ip5 I know are very satisfied with their phone.
43. akki20892 (Posts: 1679; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Sony will get first android place in 2013 IF everyone understand to switching from samsung galaxy to sony xperia........!!! i know sony make brilliant product then samsung......!!!
47. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
This entire article was Photoshopped. Fake, I say!