Apple iPhone 4S users consume twice as much data as the iPhone 4
0. phoneArena 05 Jan 2012, 21:55 posted on
This shouldn’t be too much of surprise considering the addition of the data reliant Siri Personal Assistant, but users of the Apple iPhone 4S are consuming twice as much data as its predecessor, the iPhone 4…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
First! Not as much as Androids with the ever running widgets.
2. GeekMovement (Posts: 1834; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Widgets and customization and speed and etc etc etc. is why androids are unique, stylish, useful, and better. You should shut up and think twice before speaking a bunch of crap next time.
5. E.N. (Posts: 2486; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Yeah! You should shut the hell up and think twice before you say something so outrageous and infuriating. How dare you? Why did you have to be so overtly condescending and offensive, Miz?
haha, was what he said that bad?
8. bloodline (Posts: 703; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
lol do people on here still care what the miz says? his a phaggot troll
9. andro. (Posts: 1984; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Miz most widgets are simply are an onscreen layout for an app like weather,facebook,contacts,music,games, and so on,the amount of customization widgets is enjoyably extensive. These widgets do not cause any excess data usage than say the facebook app itself for instance. Iphone 4s users constantly asking siri what day of the week it is and can siri help them remember their name is a major data hog in contrast
3. wumberpeb (Posts: 451; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
Doesn't it help that the 4S had an improved version of HSPA to help data speeds on AT&T almost reach 10 Mbps without any real 4G radio? They sell more iPhones than anyone, makes sense
Oh yeah, and Siri certainly jacks it up
10. Zayuh24 (Posts: 149; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Actually, PhoneArena just posted an article that Verizon sells more i4s's than any of the other carriers, and its 3G is faster (and much more reliable) than that of AT&T.
But yea, Siri is a big data hog if people are constantly using it. It has no other way to answer questions than going on the internet and collecting information, unless you ask it something within the phone like "What's [contact name's] number, again?"
6. Doakie (Posts: 1475; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Hahaha. You suckers with 2GB capped data plans, I hope your bills go up.
7. christianqwerty (Posts: 463; Member since: 05 May 2011)
Luckily I have unlimited on AT&T, I get usually 5mbps and I used 3.4 GB of data in 2 weeks
12. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Well think about it. With the iPhone4 you only get data half the time anyways unless you have a bumper, so it makes sense.
I kid I kid!
13. nb2six (Posts: 298; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
welcome to iOS 5 and its extraordinary iCloud data using features.