Apple iPhone 4S unboxing and hands-on
0. phoneArena 19 Oct 2011, 13:36 posted on
So with the iPhone 4…err we mean the iPhone 4S, it retains the same iconic looks as its predecessor, which isn’t a bad thing to tell you the truth, but some are naturally inclined to expect just some minor changes to differentiate itself...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. hawk62 (Posts: 320; Member since: 21 Nov 2009)
Yup, do you? Where did they measure the razr? The same as the sg2? The iphone is thinner than the sg2 if u compare the thickest parts and that is how it is done
10. roldefol (Posts: 3629; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Oh, you're a clever one. You're right, the iPhone may be marginally thinner than 10% of the Razr.
...but still thicker than the remaining 90%.
Remind me again why we're comparing apples to pineapples?
12. hawk62 (Posts: 320; Member since: 21 Nov 2009)
And all you android fanboys (since you are reading an iphone story again) i hope next year the iphone has a paper thin flange. Then apple can claim a paper thin phone and using your method to measure a phone, it would be ok.
15. BWAAAHAHA (Posts: 9; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Where is TacoBELLs? he's letting his fellow Isheep kill himself here :D
17. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
hawk, with your logic they cannot advertise cars with the MPG they do because at some points it's worse than that (ie acceleration).
The reality is that the majority (maybe 90% who knows) of the RAZR is about 2mm thinner than the iPhone, and when we're talking about 7mm vs 9mm that is around 20% thinner... which is substantial.
Why do you even post nonsense like that? You complain that "android fanboys" are reading the iPhone article again, yet you were the FIRST post and you immediately compared it to an Android phone...
24. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
I love how you guys just thumbs down when you have no logical response.
32. roldefol (Posts: 3629; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
And why bother comparing thickness of one already thin device to another even thinner one? What makes the Razr truly impressive isn't that it's thin, it's that it's that thin and still LTE.
35. bossmt_2 (Posts: 444; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Thank you. People don't seem to grasp that the GSII and 4s don't have the most current network technology (or CDMA) which in general leads to more bulk. Phones like the RAZR and Prime are coming in at what seems like half the thickness of the T-Bolt and Bionic.
56. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3088; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
God, dude just shut up. Nobody cares if the iphone is thinner, we care that Android is better.
42. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
It will be when the iphone 4ssss is released in 2014
3. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
dont you mean 800mhz dual core A5 chip? its not clocked at 1ghz.
61. PotDragon (banned) (Posts: 214; Member since: 22 Jul 2011)
Nope....they intentionally inflated the specs.
43. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Im surprised phonearena is doing this unboxing,didn't they unbox this phone a year ago?!!!!!!
68. iphone (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Wow.. You don't know the difference between iphone 4 and iphone 4s.. I'm surprised..
7. ZayZay (Posts: 571; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
I am amazed iPhone arena didn't do this hands on the first day.
8. BWAAAHAHA (Posts: 9; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
To me the Iphone is all about looks... if I cared about specs and features (which I do) it would be all android... but since this pos looks exactly the same than who the F cares?
28. ayephoner (Posts: 849; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
yeah, why would anyone want battery life, stability, speed and no lag?
ha. silly isheep.
29. ayephoner (Posts: 849; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
youre right. why would anyone want battery life, stability and a lag free experience?
30. ayephoner (Posts: 849; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
and how did all those wonderful android specs do in a benchmark test vs. the 4s?
34. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
comparing benchmarks from different platforms are non sensical.. you should know that.
36. c.hack (Posts: 592; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
I'm switching from Android to iOS because of the mass-market crap that Android phones have become. My DX2 would crash and reboot every day. Its "qHD" screen is so bad I can't read the calendar because of pixelation. The camera is so slow I wind up taking a picture of the ceiling more often than not.
Spec don't matter if the phones are crap.
38. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
you kidding me? i think you should go to a doctor, have your eyes checked up and wear eye glasses..
58. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3088; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Battery life? Apparently you didn't know that the 4S has horrible battery life. You really should do more reading before you open your mouth. Or in this case, start posting stupid crap.
60. EFchris91 (Posts: 22; Member since: 25 Jun 2010)
You're a dumbass if you think the 4S has horrible battery life. Looks up the specs. They are better than any s**tty Android phone.
71. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
if you would take your own advice you would see the the i4s' battery life is less than the SGS2, Droid Razr and others.. that tired line of "iphone has better battery life" went out at the beginning of 2011.
There have also been many reports of huge battery drainage in iOS5 devices.
Soo... i wonder who the dumbass is... hmm.
46. Paden (Posts: 262; Member since: 07 Jul 2011)
Dual-Core. Global. One phone for all carriers. Better Antenna. 8mp camera. Bigger battery. Voice Assistant.
But you're right. Since it looks the same it's the same phone.
14. IEatApples (Posts: 66; Member since: 06 Jul 2011)
America loves fads, unfortunately this one has lasted much longer then it should had. Its a app launcher, other the simplicity for dull people I just don't see the appeal of browsing with no flash or trying to accomplish anything on a 3.5in screen. How does this phone work at all for guys with big fingers? I accidentally press buttons all the time on my 4.3in screen so 3.5 is just an insult. Its always seemed like apple is more concerned about its bottom line then trying to revolutionize anything these days.
16. hawk62 (Posts: 320; Member since: 21 Nov 2009)
Omg take your flash and delete it. It doesnt work have the time anyway. I have as many or more problems with loading web site on my sgt10.1 as my iph4. Flash is not that important.
Android has about 100 force closes to app's 1.
20. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
hawk, if your GT10.1 is force closing 100s of times you're doing something wrong, i've had the tablet since it was released and can count on one hand how many times an app has force closed.
The whole force closing argument was valid last year but realistically it's not really an issue with the newer Android phones.
39. c.hack (Posts: 592; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
That's BS. I had a DX, DX2, and have 2 DIncs in the family. To this day FCs are a problem. BUT - my iPad has program crashes all the time too. The difference is that some FCs crash Android - iOS is much more stable. I have been using Android for 2 years and iOS for 3 on multiple devices and there is no comparison in OS stabilty - iOS is stable, Android is NOT.
40. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
All of the phones you just mentioned are at least 6 months old if not a year old or more.
Re-read my post.
"The whole force closing argument was valid last year but realistically it's not really an issue with the newer Android phones."
41. Whateverman (Posts: 3237; Member since: 17 May 2009)
@c.hack. You must be joking right. I've owned most of the devices you just mentioned and a couple others and by far my wife DInc is the most stable phone I have ever seen in my life. I've had a total of 3 force closes on my DInc 2, all generated by one bad app. No restarts, no crashes, nothing! I'm not sure what you have on your device, but I would probably start by looking at what you have downloaded.
And don't think iOS means no forced closes my friend. As I've stated many times here before, my iPad force closes a lot more that any of my previous Android devices...well, maybe the OG Droid forced closed more, but hey that was 2.0. But yes, my ipad will send me to the homescreen in a heartbeat for no apparent reason, and the keyboard lags often as well. Not to say I don't like my iPad, but it's not perfect. It doesn't always "just work".
50. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
here you go lying as usual. Incredible has all kinds of stability problems
52. Whateverman (Posts: 3237; Member since: 17 May 2009)
What did I tell you about calling me a liar?! I've prooven over and over again that the only liar here is you! You lied and claim I said I pirate apps for my Mac computer, have you supplied any proof yet? Don't forget, I'm offering you a free iPhone if you can proove I'm a liar, so where is your evidence? If you have none, shut the fuk up!
64. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Haha I love when people try to get tough on the internet. You are a liar and have admitted it before. You're obviously lying if you say incredible has no stability issues. Just go to any site that has reviews on the phone. I don't use my "uncle" or "friend" as proof.
65. Whateverman (Posts: 3237; Member since: 17 May 2009)
And you're a cock$ucker and you have admitted it before. No one likes you, that's why you can never say you have friends or family that did anything. I gave examples of phones in my own home on my account, so who cares what you think. Also, nobody's getting tough with you, you just like being the victim. Like I said, give me the proof and you get a FREE iPhone 4S. Prove to everyone that you are no liar...put up a link where I said I pirate apps and claim your prize. If you can do that, I will declare my undying allegiance to the iPhone, iOS, I'll declaim you the smartest person alive and close my PA account out of pure shame!
59. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3088; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
you should change your user name to c.rack because that's what you are on.
21. BWAAAHAHA (Posts: 9; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
haven't had a single FC on my GS2 and is smooth as butter when pinching to zoom with flash fully loaded
22. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
And yeah, I absolutely hate being able to watch embedded videos when i'm using my News360 app... it's horrible.
26. vivek.ray (Posts: 22; Member since: 08 Apr 2011)
1 u cant delete flash !! u have u un install it , idk wat happened to all iSheeps , they had forgotten power of flash in any website or are neglecting it !!
And on GT10.1 , lol seriously !! they both load webpages @ same speed , with tab having flash enabled .
23. BWAAAHAHA (Posts: 9; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Iphone 5 if it had came out would prob get a 11
27. vivek.ray (Posts: 22; Member since: 08 Apr 2011)
yes they "may" take back .5 , cause of repeating of that ubercool awesome glass slapped game changer design . NOT !
33. sixkiller (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
I've never buy Apple iPhone again. It's all the same again. Even Symbian is better then iOS, In iOS there are a lot of apps , but some of them are useless.
37. Hallucinator (Posts: 344; Member since: 24 May 2010)
Lol I love how worked up you guys get because someone might like the iPhone. If this really matters to you that much you probably don't have that much of a life.
49. Dj21o (Posts: 437; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Dude I can't believe they make you pay for storage. Not only that, but you pay a YEARLY CHARGE? That is such bulls**t. They do gave a fast interface, though. I wish Android could underclock and still get great performance lol.
51. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
They don't make you pay Dj. You get 5gb for free.
53. cc16177 (Posts: 312; Member since: 09 May 2010)
taco you are the biggest troll on this site.
54. slaggyb (Posts: 200; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
when did PA start making unboxing videos??just because it has to do with apple and its product its crazy cos all PA phone videos are either a preview or a full review that said i think there are really apple fan boys..... watch out for our in depth review and score possible 10/10....smh!