Apple iPhone 4S and Apple iPhone 4 both continue to perform strongly this holiday season
0. phoneArena 03 Dec 2012, 11:11 posted on
Yes, the Apple iPhone 5 owns the top spot at the three major U.S. carriers that sell the device, but one analyst has conducted "channel checks" and has discovered strong demand for both the Apple iPhone 4S and the Apple iPhone 4 this holiday season...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. drahmad (Posts: 478; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
iphone 5 is not the sixth generation, its the 7th. ist gen iphone, then 2g then 3g then 3gs then 4 then 4s and now 5..
2. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Huh? the first generation iPhone was 2G... There wasn't a specific model named 2G
31. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
AAAHHHHH!!! STOP ARGUING, AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 10528; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
How n the heck can it be the 7th gen, when its the sixth phone in the series?
11. Ohrules (Posts: 308; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
as gwuhua1984 said, you got that wrong. but dont feel too bad about it, i once called the first iphone the iphone one, which resulted in an awkard moment with my friends
24. networkdood (Posts: 6261; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
drah - 2G, 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5 - I count 6 - where is number 7?
3. MeoCao (unregistered)
I think Android phones like Nexus 4, DNA, One X+, Note 2, Optimus G and SG3 will keep Android ahead this Holiday season.
14. MeoCao (unregistered)
Haha, just bought a crystal ball and testing it, hopefully it works.
30. danny_a2005 (Posts: 119; Member since: 06 Oct 2011)
Im waiting for the sony odin... I really want to see that dragontrail glass!!!
4. Synack (Posts: 663; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Not sure why sales are strong. I used to have an iPhone4 and HATED it. I have the iPhone5 and it is much better.
5. starandmountain (Posts: 50; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
Can you please tell me what is REALLY different?
i don't see big differences between them
6. MeoCao (unregistered)
Obviously the screen is bigger. Then if he uses Droid DNA he will be blown away by the insane gorgeous screen.
25. networkdood (Posts: 6261; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
5 is bigger - has LTE and SIRI - 4S is a great deal.
13. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
They're very cheap or free with major carriers with a 2 year contract...
10. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Dumb and Dumber... that's what coming to my mind right now...
17. TheMan (Posts: 400; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
The strong 4s (and maybe 4) sales here in the US and elsewhere suggest that, while these versions of the iPhone are good phones, they were overpriced at $200 and up (on contract).
And, if you don't believe that, the fact that the 4s is outselling 5 in the UK may be the first quantitative sign that the incremental "improvements" to the line have hit a point of diminishing return. In other words, the smallish "bigger" screen, headphone jack on the bottom, and other changes aren't worth the extra $100.
Android phones still offer a better performance to price value.
21. stealthd (Posts: 932; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
The 4 and 4S were top selling phones when they were new, @ $199 on contract. They're probably sold out because there aren't as many being made, as they're focusing production on the 5.
18. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1150; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
No surprise! Proof that common Apple users do not know any better.
19. E34V8 (Posts: 52; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
How's the taller iPhone 4/4s doing in the sales?
20. ny212 (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)
because people are affected by the economy and when people see a iPhone for free (iPhone 4) or an iPhone for $99 with a 2 year contract people are going to take it. regardless if you love the iPhone or not its a good deal for people who want a good device notice how i didn't say "great" and who don't really care about phones and such. And for the holiday season when your young child asks for an iPhone what are you going to get him a brand new iPhone 5 or get him the free iPhone 4?
22. AlexYouOC (Posts: 51; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
The fact that those 3 phones look damn near identical and barely have any differentiating features disturbs me...
23. iDroidx650 (Posts: 72; Member since: 26 May 2010)
The iPhone 4 sells out weekly at my store. The reason is because it is free. Many users don't care about NFC, 4G, they want a simple, phone that works. Its perfect for first time smartphone buyers or those who don't have much money to spend. If you try to buy an android phone for free, you'll be more disappointed in the quality of build and software build.
26. networkdood (Posts: 6261; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Makes sense that the 4 and 4S are selling - the 5 is overpriced at 199.99 - the 4S is not much different than the 5 - I believe 4S has 8GB of storage. 5 has LTE and that awesome fifth row of icons.
27. biophone (Posts: 1893; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
I can get why the 4 is selling well its still a really good phone and its free. Its still has a great screen and is very speedy. I still use it and love it. I don't get the 4S since it is not much different then the 4. You get siri sure but you can download google now to replace it. And for 100 dollars a slightly faster chip isn't worth it when the 4 is plenty fast. Yes the camera is better but the 4 takes good photos still. As fat as the 5 goes for 200 its a good deal as well. Its just so thin and good looking and has the internals to back up its good looks.
28. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6241; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Iphone GEN 1, IPhone 3G Gen 2, Iphone 3GS 3rd gen, iPhone 4 4th Gen, Iphone 4S 5th Gen Iphone 5 6th Gen. theirs only 6 if I'm not mistaking