Apple iPad's share of tablet based web traffic declines after Christmas
0. phoneArena 02 Jan 2013, 18:49 posted on
Chitika, the metrics firm that tracks the web traffic share of various devices, says that the web share for the Apple iPad fell 7.1% after the Christmas holiday dropping from 86% to 78.86%; the biggest winner after the holiday has been the Amazon Kindle Fire which saw it post Christmas Web share rise 3.03 percentage points to 7.51%...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. papss (unregistered)
That's still a staggering number
2. Ninetysix (Posts: 1902; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Almost 79% traffic from one device is nothing to sneeze at.
3. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
79% of web traffic. Chitika only gets data from websites that have its ads, so its numbers don't include app data.
5. tedkord (Posts: 7214; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Nor do they take into account user agent spoofing. Many Android surfers set their various browsers to desktop mode, and so do not register as android in web stats. (My main browser, Dolphin HD, shows up as Safari on a Mac when set to desktop.
8. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Yeah, if they recorded a decline, imagine if they could figure out the devices that are spoofing....probably be a 15% decline at least.
12. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
even w/a 15% decrease...the gap is still like the Grand Canyon, so however you slice the pie the biggest piece goes to iPad (according to their data).
6. papss (unregistered)
No one got it rolling on their first try except Apple... Give M$ credit for a VERY solid first effort instead of always bashing..
9. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
M$ never got it right. First VISTA 7 now VISTA 8 ... or do we need to got back to Cake on face era? Now trying to lock down HW to run just WIN8.
7. droiddomination (Posts: 203; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Charraples slow demise. Windows needs to let google in if they want to survive.
10. rudlie (Posts: 182; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
A lot of people were on vacation during holidays cause the traffic was down
11. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
And surely it will be declining even more™®©