Apple iPad to get Microsoft Office in the first half of this year?
The sources added that a scheduled fall release of Office has been pushed up as those at the very top of Microsoft have ordered it to be released as soon as possible. As far as how Microsoft will be paid, the general theory is that the pricing will be similar to what Microsoft did with the iPhone and Android version of Office. With both of those devices, the app was free, but required a subscription to Office 365 in order for the user to do basic functions with the program, such as edit and save the changes.
Considering the probable pent-up demand for an iPad version of Office, Microsoft will probably make much more money offering the title on the iPad and charging for the Office 365 subscription, than if it continued to withhold the title from the iPad. It is believed that the iPad version of Office will be launched sometime in the first half of this year.
source: ZDNet via Pocketlint
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9494; Member since: 14 May 2012)
While Pages, Numbers and Keynote are okay, nothing beats Office.
4. ihavenoname (Posts: 1565; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Yeah, Office is the boss. Microsoft, whatever you do, don't ruin the Office.
17. lyndon420 (Posts: 2131; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Yup...Office is good for sure, and that's all they have to hold onto now as the desire for their hardware has dwindled significantly.
15. werthedroids (Posts: 60; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
Yeah, nothing beats Office at sucking CRAP and CRASHING and being ABSOLUTE BULL! The onlly thing it's good for is making you RAGE and want to HURL your Computer at Bill Gates' UGLY, STUPID and COMICALLY OBEISE FACE!
2. UglyFrank (Posts: 735; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
$2.5 Billion a year makes sense but these analysts are annoying
5. cleat-glitch (Posts: 109; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
ms earn 2.5b...apple earn 6b...big mistake ms that is ur bishop
8. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
It is a smart move by MS to grab a piece of iOS App revenue. If you cannot beat your competitor, why not making money out of him?
6. ThePython (Posts: 485; Member since: 08 May 2013)
I think this will be a great addition, we can't deny the iPad is used by a lot of companies nowadays.
7. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3567; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Currently MS doesn't have a bad product, or service, on the market.. This is good news.
9. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
Windows 8 is not performing well. There are rumors about Windows 9 coming out in October 2014.
11. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3567; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
W8, and 8.1, already own 11% of the PC market... Now considering the presence of W7, and XP, for W8-8.1 to already achieve that percentage, in one year, mean's that MS is very pleased with how it's doing.....
16. werthedroids (Posts: 60; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
Yeah, none of their stuff it's bad. No, all of their stuff is HORRENDOUSLY HIDEOUS AND AWFUL CRAP THAT"S SO OVERPRICED AND RETARDED IT MAKES ME WANT TO THROW UP IN THE FAN IN THEIR MAIN OFFICE SO IT SPRAYS ALL OVER THEIR FAT, DESPICABLE FACES
10. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 864; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
I really hope the Office 365 subscription isn't necessary and I can just do a one-time payment for it.
12. Deaconclgi (Posts: 376; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I have an iPad 4 and I don't use any Microsoft Office like apps but I do use the free Office 2013 on my Dell Venue Pro. I like having full Windows in a tablet form. I also couldn't care less about the Surface products as there are great Windows tablets that can be purchased for a fraction of the cost of a Surface tablet or an iPad.
13. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
A smart move from MS since iPads are very popular. They can increase their revenue.
14. werthedroids (Posts: 60; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
Microsoft+Apple=ASTRONOMICALLY HUGE MEGA-FAIL! THE 2 FILTHIEST technology companies the Earth has ever been cursed with combined is the physical embodyment of nightmares.
18. lyndon420 (Posts: 2131; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
They're definitely in bed with each other...but who's the top and who's the bottom? Lol. Throw in Nokia now and you have a circle jerk lol.
20. slyguy (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
Why wait? Onlive has been giving users Microsoft Office on the iPad for free for years!