Apple iPad to be available in every cabin on the cruise ship Splendour of the Seas
0. phoneArena 28 Nov 2011, 16:51 posted on
Royal Caribbean's Splendour of the Seas cruise ship offers an Apple iPad in each cabin starting in 2012; the cruise line plans on adding the tablet to cabins on more of its ships in coming years; passengers will be able to move ahttp://www.phonearena.com/cp/articles.php#round the ship while carrying the tablet...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. ghost__uwi (Posts: 175; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
I am expecting the hate to come on any minute now.
3. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1705; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
think they will mount these down like TV remotes in cheap hotels? lol
5. ghost__uwi (Posts: 175; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
probably will. Lock it to the table or something.
4. ghost__uwi (Posts: 175; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
All my ios devices beat all my android devices so please go ahead and hate :D
Except when i want to make a wifi hotspot and want to install custom roms.
15. theBankRobber (Posts: 674; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Dont buy cheap low end android devices and you'll see the difference.
6. Yeeee (Posts: 190; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
They charge you to use the ships wifi so do you have to also pay to use internet on the ipad?
7. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 259; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
What if they want a different sync for each ipad? Doomed? Or take 1804 laptops with different itunes libraries...
8. MeDo_0 (Posts: 5; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
Soooo... how much am i going to be charged when this ipad from my room goes over board or goes missing?
9. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I don't think that it would actually persuade me to ride this cruise over another, I could just bring the tablet that I already own, hmmm there's an idea.
10. MeDo_0 (Posts: 5; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
that would be cool if the ship allowed you to sync up with it and view the itinerary with your own personal tablet.I just think its a way for them to bump up the ticket price a bit and offer "premium insurance" while on board.lol
12. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
Where they are in the cabins ? In the toilet ?
13. mctcm (Posts: 204; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
regardless of brand/OS preference, I wouldnt want to be liable for a piece of equipment i didnt ask for. send it back
14. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its a neat idea.. but anyone that has ever been on a cruise knows that a waiter comes by every 5 seconds to ask u if u want another drink. lol.. and if your on a cruise, u shouldnt be playing with your darn electronics. There are too many fun things to do.. like.. gamble.. and drink.. and all sorts of fun stuff.. lol.
16. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lol, thumb me down. mad because you havent been on a cruise? they are awesome, i highly recommend. notice in my post i didnt even mention the ipad, i said "electronics"..lol. i meant all electronics. lol
17. Stuntman (Posts: 830; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I wonder if they would allow me to use my own tablet on the ship.
19. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yea sure.. but why would you bring it? i love cruises. one of our first rules is all electronics stay at home/in the car. a week of being disconnected and just being pampered (and drunk) is sooo good. :)