Apple iPad to be available in every cabin on the cruise ship Splendour of the Seas
0. phoneArena posted on 28 Nov 2011, 16:51
Royal Caribbean's Splendour of the Seas cruise ship offers an Apple iPad in each cabin starting in 2012; the cruise line plans on adding the tablet to cabins on more of its ships in coming years; passengers will be able to move ahttp://www.phonearena.com/cp/articles.php#round the ship while carrying the tablet...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. ghost__uwi posted on 28 Nov 2011, 17:02 2 7
I am expecting the hate to come on any minute now.
3. EclipseGSX posted on 28 Nov 2011, 17:04 6 0
think they will mount these down like TV remotes in cheap hotels? lol
5. ghost__uwi posted on 28 Nov 2011, 17:05 0 2
probably will. Lock it to the table or something.
4. ghost__uwi posted on 28 Nov 2011, 17:05 4 8
All my ios devices beat all my android devices so please go ahead and hate :D
Except when i want to make a wifi hotspot and want to install custom roms.
15. theBankRobber posted on 28 Nov 2011, 20:11 2 2
Dont buy cheap low end android devices and you'll see the difference.
6. Yeeee posted on 28 Nov 2011, 17:18 0 0
They charge you to use the ships wifi so do you have to also pay to use internet on the ipad?
7. Evil_SaNz posted on 28 Nov 2011, 17:20 1 0
What if they want a different sync for each ipad? Doomed? Or take 1804 laptops with different itunes libraries...
8. MeDo_0 posted on 28 Nov 2011, 17:39 0 0
Soooo... how much am i going to be charged when this ipad from my room goes over board or goes missing?
9. jamrockjones posted on 28 Nov 2011, 17:41 2 2
I don't think that it would actually persuade me to ride this cruise over another, I could just bring the tablet that I already own, hmmm there's an idea.
10. MeDo_0 posted on 28 Nov 2011, 17:45 0 0
that would be cool if the ship allowed you to sync up with it and view the itinerary with your own personal tablet.I just think its a way for them to bump up the ticket price a bit and offer "premium insurance" while on board.lol
13. mctcm posted on 28 Nov 2011, 18:54 0 0
regardless of brand/OS preference, I wouldnt want to be liable for a piece of equipment i didnt ask for. send it back
14. remixfa posted on 28 Nov 2011, 19:39 3 3
its a neat idea.. but anyone that has ever been on a cruise knows that a waiter comes by every 5 seconds to ask u if u want another drink. lol.. and if your on a cruise, u shouldnt be playing with your darn electronics. There are too many fun things to do.. like.. gamble.. and drink.. and all sorts of fun stuff.. lol.
16. remixfa posted on 28 Nov 2011, 21:09 3 3
lol, thumb me down. mad because you havent been on a cruise? they are awesome, i highly recommend. notice in my post i didnt even mention the ipad, i said "electronics"..lol. i meant all electronics. lol
17. Stuntman posted on 28 Nov 2011, 22:01 1 0
I wonder if they would allow me to use my own tablet on the ship.
19. remixfa posted on 29 Nov 2011, 20:51 1 0
yea sure.. but why would you bring it? i love cruises. one of our first rules is all electronics stay at home/in the car. a week of being disconnected and just being pampered (and drunk) is sooo good. :)