Apple iPad mini with Retina display gets the teardown treatment, scores low for repairability
0. phoneArena 13 Nov 2013, 12:55 posted on
On Tuesday, the Apple iPad mini with Retina display was launched. Thanks to problems at Sharp regarding the production of the Retina display panel, Apple had to delay the release of the product. According to a report that came out last week, the Japanese manufacturer is having problems with burn-in on the LCD screen that it is producing for the slate...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. theoak (Posts: 324; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Same speed A7 as 5s, not the bumped up speed in the Air. Apple probably did that to conserve battery life.
2. Fallout09 (Posts: 421; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Or to part of a ploy to trick you into buy another they release a faster Mini in 3 months. Stealing a page out of Intel's playbook.
5. theoak (Posts: 324; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I more inclined to believe battery life. The screen resolution is the same as the Air, but the battery in the Mini Retina is 2/3 the Air. If they want the same battery life as the Air, they had to sacrifice somewhere.
7. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Probably just not as bright as the air because they don't need it that bright to cover 7.9 vs 9.7.
6. phonemonkey (Posts: 168; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
Are you judging capitalist for taking advantage of what is offered or just voicing your jealousy
3. Finalflash (Posts: 3090; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Obviously they don't want it to be easy to repair. They wouldn't be opening their own expensive repairing service if it was cheap or easy for 3rd parties to repair their stuff. Got to make money some how in this cruel analyst/speculator ridden economy.
4. stealthd (unregistered)
I think it has more to do with getting the design they want. HTC is doing the same thing with their phones now, and they don't have local repair centers.
8. TechCrazyedBoy (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Nov 2013)
Dont buy freaking iPads...why?
Once broken,you will knee and cry on it...just like my cousin..
9. neurobiologist (banned) (Posts: 89; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
Repair?.. Its cheap to manufacture and produce things today. Go repair your shoes, you